Fresh and healthy Greek Cucumber Dill Salad, a classic summer side to serve with your favorite grilled main dishes.
As much as I love color and spice, there are days I crave simple flavors made with fresh garden ingredients… Without all the hoopla that comes along with ostentatious dishes.
Nothing satisfies that kind of craving better than a cool creamy Greek Cucumber Dill Salad.
This classic summer side dish is a marvelous way to use up all your garden cucumbers. It’s easy to make with only a handful of ingredients. Plus it’s healthy, with only fresh produce and a bit of plain greek yogurt for a creamy tang.
To make Greek Cucumber Dill Salad simply combine sliced cucumbers with fresh chopped dill, lemon zest, and garlic. Then toss with lemon juice and a bit of plain greek yogurt.
Season with salt and pepper, and a touch of sugar if needed. (Some years cucumbers are sweeter than other years.)
The lemon juice and greek yogurt meld together forming a tangy creamy dressing, that amplifies the cool refresh essence of the cucumbers.
I love this stuff!
Greek Cucumber Dill Salad can be made several hours ahead. Yet I find it’s better on the first day while the cucumber are nice and crisp. We always try to eat it up, instead of saving it as a leftover.
Greek Cucumber Dill Salad
Yield: 6 servings
Prep Time:15 minutes
Greek Cucumber Dill Salad – A classic and refreshing blend of fresh garden cucumbers, dill, greek yogurt, and lemon zest. Healthy and delicious!
- 3 english cucumbers
- 1 tablespoons fresh chopped dill
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 1/2 cup plain greek yogurt
- 2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- Salt and pepper
- Peel the cucumbers. Cut in half lengthwise. Then slice into thin pieces. Place the sliced cucumbers into a large bowl.
- Add the chopped dill, minced garlic, the zest of one lemon, 1 tablespoon of lemon juice, 1/2 cup plain greek yogurt, sugar, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper.
- Toss until the yogurt blends into a thin dressing. Taste, then salt and pepper as needed. Serve cold.
Yield: 6 servings, Serving Size: 6
- Amount Per Serving:
- Calories: 51 Calories
- Total Fat: 1.4g
- Saturated Fat: 0.8g
- Cholesterol: 4mg
- Sodium: 17mg
- Carbohydrates: 9.4g
- Fiber: 1.1g
- Sugar: 5.3g
- Protein: 2g
Making this recipe? Why not take a quick shot and share it on Instagram! Make sure to tag it #ASpicyPerspective so we can see what you're cooking!