Summer Cobb Salad Recipe
This Summer Cobb Salad Recipe is a rainbow of fresh flavors that all come together in one glorious dish.
Being that my name is Sommer (Summer with an O) can you guess just how many “summer” songs have been sung to me in the course of my life?
An unfathomable number, I tell you.
The most common serenades are:
Ella Fitzgerald’s version of Summertime
Bananarama’s Cruel Summer
And Summer Lovin’ (Summer Nights) from the musical Grease
Although I have heard some really creative versions.
People are so darn funny, always believing they are the first personal to ever think to sing these songs to me. I just smile and let them have their moment.
I’m nice like that. (P.S. I’ve also been called Winter, Spring and Autumn an ungodly number of times.)
Even with this slightly irritating musical history, I still love a good summer anthem.
Especially the old soulful versions of Summertime, smooth and sultry. While listening to them, I can almost feel myself rocking on a front porch in the sweltering heat of a summer evening.
Summertime, and the livin’ is easy
Fish are jumpin’ and the cotton is high
Oh, your daddy’s rich and your ma is good-lookin’
So hush little baby, Don’t you cry
Sweltering summer evenings make me long for a dinner that is cool, crisp, and refreshing.
Like a Cobb Salad.
Today’s Summer Cobb Salad Recipe incorporates the traditional flavors that make a classic cobb salad so appealing, plus some playful summer ingredients like fresh raspberries, blackberries, and creamy garlic lime vinaigrette.
This summer cobb salad recipe comes together quickly in a beautiful array of colors and textures. Plus it’s a great way to use up ripe avocados, leftover chicken, and straggling hard boiled eggs left in the fridge.
You can grill the chicken while chopping the veggies.
Or do what I do, and plan your weekly menu so that you make it on the night after you’ve served chicken. Then just save a couple pieces for the salad.
More Healthy Salad Recipes
Summer Cobb Salad Recipe
- 2 large boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 2 romaine hearts, chopped
- 3 hardboiled eggs, peeled and chopped
- 2/3 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 2 avocados, chopped
- 1 cup blackberries
- 1 cup raspberries
- 1 cup toasted almonds
- Creamy Garlic Lime Dressing Recipe
- Preheat the grill. Then rub the chicken breasts with oil, and salt and pepper liberally. Grill for 5 minutes per side over medium heat. Allow the chicken to rest for at least 5 minutes before chopping. Then cut into bite-sized pieces.
- Meanwhile chop the romaine lettuce, eggs and avocados. Place the lettuce on a large serving platter or bowl.
- Arrange all the toppings on over the bed of lettuce and serve with Creamy Garlic Lime Vinaigrette.
Making this recipe? Follow us on Instagram and tag @ASpicyPerspective so we can share what you’re cooking!