Thai Quinoa Salad
Fresh and fragrant Thai Quinoa Salad. A fabulous side dish or vegetarian main course!
Summer is quickly coming to an end. The back-to-school proceedings are underway. Where did the time go??
Although I know fall is just around the corner, I’m not yet ready to transition away from light summer dishes. How about you?
I’m still craving dishes are that healthy, bold, and crunchy with tons of texture and visual appeal.
Today’s Thai Quinoa Salad recipe is a personal favorite this season.
Loads of fresh summer produce is piled on top of fluffy aromatic quinoa. A simple Thai vinaigrette is made of sesame oil, lime juice, fish sauce, ginger, and garlic. Just throw it all together and toss!
Our Thai Quinoa Salad is not only simple to make, it is packed with nutrients and distinct flavors.
Plus, it holds up well as a leftover. Take this Thai Quinoa Salad to work for lunch. Or make it ahead, and serve it at an event.
I’m going to stick with summer foods as long as possible this season.
Thai Quinoa Salad will definitely be on the table a few more times this year, before I’m ready for fall flavors.
More Quinoa Recipes
Thai Quinoa Salad
For the Salad:
- 1 cup dried quinoa
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 cup thinly sliced cucumber
- 1 cup shredded red cabbage
- 1 cup thinly sliced red bell pepper
- 1 cup salted cashews
- 1/2 cup chopped scallions
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- Place the quinoa in a medium sauce pot. Add 2 cups of water, cover, and bring to a boil. Once the water boils, stir the quinoa. Cover again and simmer until the water is absorbed and the spirals start to separate from the seeds, about 15 minutes. Then remove from heat and let the quinoa steam in the pot for another 10 minutes. Remove the lid and fluff with a fork.
- Meanwhile whisk all the dressing ingredients in a small bowl. Slice all the vegetables.
- Once the quinoa has cooled a little, add all the veggies and toss the salad with the dressing. Serve immediately, or cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Making this recipe? Follow us on Instagram and tag @ASpicyPerspective so we can share what you’re cooking!