Once you’ve tried homemade cocktail sauce, you’ll never buy the jarred variety again. Today’s 5 Minute Fix is a zippy cocktail sauce recipe that you can make in a matter of moments, and adjust to you liking!
I can honestly say it’s been at least 14 years since I’ve purchased a jar of cocktail sauce.
After all, when the homemade version is so quick, cheap, and easy why would I spend the cash to buy a lesser quality product?
By simply combining items you already (most likely) have in your fridge, you can make the most flavorful cocktail sauce recipe you’ve ever tried. And of course, you can adjust it to taste.
Start by mixing catsup, fresh lemon juice, worcestershire sauce, and garlic in a small bowl.
Then add prepared horseradish and hot sauce to taste. That’s it!
Try eating Cocktail Sauce
- With steamed or roasted shrimp (of course)
- On burgers or a roast beef sandwich
- With cream cheese and tortilla chips
- Mixed into tomato juice for an easy Bloody Mary base
- As veggie dip
- On a seafood pizza
- In a cool pasta salad
Thanks for checking out today’s 5 Minute Fix.
I’ll see you tomorrow!
Cocktail Sauce Recipe
Yield: 3/4 cup
Prep Time:3 minutes
- 1/2 cup catsup
- 1 1/2 Tb. fresh lemon juice
- 1 Tb. worcestershire sauce
- 1-2 Tb. prepared horseradish
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 3-4 dashed of hot sauce *optional
- Mix the catsup, lemon juice, worcestershire sauce, and garlic in a small bowl.
- Add 1 Tb. of horseradish. Taste and add more if desired. Then stir in a few dashes of hot sauce if you like your cocktail sauce with extra kick.
Making this recipe? Why not take a quick shot and share it on Instagram! Make sure to tag it #ASpicyPerspective so we can see what you're cooking!