Cocktail Sauce Recipe
Homemade Cocktail Sauce Recipe – This 5 minute recipe for zippy, zesty cocktail sauce requires only a handful of ingredients and is easily adjustable to your liking. You’ll never buy jarred cocktail sauce again!
The Best Cocktail Sauce Recipe
I can honestly say it’s been at least 14 years since I have purchased a jar of cocktail sauce.
After all, when the homemade version is so quick, cheap, and easy why would I spend the extra cash to buy a lesser quality product?
By simply combining a handful of ingredients you already (most likely) have in your fridge, you can make the most flavorful, tangy, absolutely BEST Cocktail Sauce Recipe you have ever tried. I promise that you will definitely not missed the jarred stuff.
See More Serving Ideas and Get the Complete (Printable!) Cocktail Sauce Recipe Below. Enjoy!
What Ingredients You Need
- Catsup – essential for the perfect tomato base of a great cocktail sauce
- Fresh lemon juice – the acidity needed to brighten all of the ingredients
- Worcestershire sauce – adds a smoky, earthy depth of flavor. Use a vegan version to make this entire recipe vegan-friendly.
- Prepared horseradish – what gives cocktail sauce its signature spicy zippiness
- Minced garlic – helps to perfectly balance the spice of the horseradish
- Optional: Hot sauce – if you would like to make an even spicier sauce
How to Make Homemade Cocktail Sauce
In only about 5 minutes you’ll have this incredibly zesty and versatile condiment ready to enjoy.
It is so easy to make, I highly recommend that you always keep a batch on hand in the fridge. You just never know when you’ll get a craving for spicy, tangy cocktail sauce!
Here are my simple steps for making the best cocktail sauce:
- In a small bowl mix together the catsup, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, and minced garlic.
- Mix in prepared horseradish, tasting and adding more if desired. If you like, add a dash or so of hot sauce for an extra spicy kick.
- Serve immediately, or store in an airtight container in the refrigerator until ready to enjoy.
That is seriously it!
Try the Best Cocktail Sauce Recipe…
- With steamed, fried, or roasted shrimp (of course)
- On burgers or a roast beef sandwich – like these mouthwatering Caribbean Shrimp Burgers
- With cream cheese and tortilla chips
- Mixed into tomato juice for an easy Bloody Mary base
- As a tangy veggie dip
- On a seafood pizza
- In a cool, fresh salad
How Long Can You Keep Homemade Cocktail Sauce?
Kept in an airtight container in a fridge this sauce will stay good for up to 6-9 months.
You can also freeze cocktail sauce for at least 6 months.
Looking For More Quick & Delicious Condiments?
- The Best Homemade Salsa
- Spicy Mustard Seafood Sauce
- Homemade Yum Yum Sauce (Shrimp Sauce)
- Southern Comeback Sauce
- How to Make the Best Tzatziki Sauce
- Easy Guacamole Recipe
Cocktail Sauce Recipe
- Mix the catsup, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, and garlic in a small bowl.
- Add 1 tablespoon of horseradish. Taste and add more if desired. Then stir in a few dashes of hot sauce if you like your cocktail sauce with extra kick.
Making this recipe? Follow us on Instagram and tag @ASpicyPerspective so we can share what you’re cooking!