Garlic Lime Roasted Shrimp Salad
Cool herbaceous Garlic Lime Roasted Shrimp Salad… Lean and punchy, yet elegant enough to serve as a dinner party appetizer!
Roasted shrimp. Fresh produce. Garlic lime vinaigrette. These three things come together to make a marvelous summer salad.
This chunky chilled sensation is a healthy and zesty first course for parties, or you can serve it as a light meal any night of the week.
My family loves raw seafood salads like ceviche and poke. We eat them both all summer.
However, when I’m feeding a crowd, I like to take into consideration that not everyone is comfortable eating raw seafood.
This roasted shrimp salad offers the cool crisp appeal of ceviche, yet with firm perky pink cooked shrimp.
The shrimp are tossed with cucumbers, avocados, fresh mint, cilantro and a zesty dressing. So this Garlic Lime Roasted Shrimp Salad is packed with both flavor and texture.
Plus, if you use a firm avocado, instead of a soft overly-ripe avocado, you can make this salad several days ahead and it still holds up!
Garlic Lime Roasted Shrimp Salad is a dinner I might make on a sultry summer evening.
It’s a lovely meal to eat while sitting out on the porch, watching the fireflies rise from the lawn. Pair it with a slice of ripe watermelon, and a chilled glass of white wine, for true summer perfection.
I also like to serve Garlic Lime Roasted Shrimp Salad at summer gatherings, because all the ingredients are visibly familiar, yet is tastes and feels luxurious.
Scoop it into small individual cups and chill the salad until it’s time to serve your guests.
Garlic Lime Roasted Shrimp Salad
- 2 pounds raw jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 large English cucumber, chopped
- 1 firm avocado, peeled and chopped
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup fresh chopped mint leaves
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped cilantro
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F. Line a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper. Pour the shrimp onto the baking sheet and drizzle with 1 tablespoon olive oil. Toss the shrimp in the oil and spread them out on the baking sheet. Sprinkle generously with salt and pepper.
- Roast the shrimp in the oven for 5-7 minutes, until pink. They should still be in the shape of C's. If they shrink to O's, you've overcooked them. Cool the shrimp on the baking sheet.
- Meanwhile, chop the cucumber and avocado in 3/4-inch chunks. Place the cucumber, avocado, minced garlic, chopped mint leaves, and cilantro in a salad bowl. Pour the lime juice and 1 tablespoon olive oil over the salad and toss well to coat. Taste, then salt and pepper as needed.
- Once the shrimp have cooled to room temperature, toss them into the salad. Cover and chill until ready to serve.
Making this recipe? Follow us on Instagram and tag @ASpicyPerspective so we can share what you’re cooking!
Pingback: 100 Top Easy Bite Sized NYE Appetizer Ideas – My Roi List
Pingback: 18 Tasty Shrimp Appetizers – A Couple Cooks - Medicateweed
Shrimp tails make eating salad as an individual appetizer difficult.
Pingback: 年末年始 コロナ禍パーティ おすすめレシピ パーティレシピアイディア – NY wonder
Pingback: 50 Small Bite Easy Appetizers for a Party - Sparkling Boy Ideas
Any chance that parsley could sub in for the cilantro? Personally, I love the recipe as is, but I have a couple of friends that have that odd genetic thing where cilantro tastes like soap to them.
Sure! You can use parsley or chopped scallions.
how far ahead can I make these does the avocado brown?
You can make this recipe up to a couple of hours in advance. The lime will keep the avocado from browning for a little while, but not overnight.
Pingback: DIY Cocktail Micro Wedding: Top 20 Easy Appetizers | Hacks | Part 1 of 2
These were absolutely delicious! I had a group of 8 ladies for a luncheon on my patio and we served this as an appetizer. They loved it! Only change made was using a bit smaller shrimp (were on sale) and we divided it into 8 glass cups.
Really humming, thanks!
Pingback: Recipe: Garlic Lime Roasted Shrimp Salad - American Shrimp Processors' Association
Quick and easy
Hello! Looks delish if I’m wanting to make for a wedding for an appetizer with 150 people is there a way I am able to use precooked boiled shrimp; or will that affect flavor
Can I make ahead and freeze it till day of party?
I wouldn’t freeze it. However, you can make it a day ahead and refrigerate. :)
Wonderful, simple, easy to prepare and absolutely delish! 🤗
Question- I would love to make and serve this as you have for a party I’m having. Where did you get the plastic cups and how many ounces do they hold? Thanks!
I bought 8-ounce disposable tumblers from the grocery store. However, you can use any size cup you like!
My family doesn’t like avocado what else could we use . The recipe sounds wonderful otherwise
Pingback: Garlic Lime Roasted Shrimp Salad - MOMORIRECIPES
Pingback: Garlic Lime Roasted Shrimp Salad – bakup
It that looks winderful