Cranberry Jalapeno Cream Cheese Dip
Go-To Cranberry Jalapeno Cream Cheese Dip
Every year as the holidays roll in, there seems to be an endless procession of parties, work events, and neighborhood potlucks to attend. And of course, to each event you are required to bring food.
Therefore, having a handful of quick and elegant make-and-take party snack recipes, in your back pocket, is of the utmost importance.
You want to bring an appetizer to the party that will stand out, taste delicious, and will disappear by the end of the night… However, you do not want something that will break the bank or take unnecessary time to prepare.
After all, during the holiday season, who has extra time and money to waste?
Today I’m sharing a fabulous old-school recipe with a twist!
This Cranberry Jalapeno Cream Cheese Dip Recipe is a nod to the beloved retro “block of cream cheese with jalapeno jelly poured over the top.”
Yet it’s so much more!
Sweet and Spicy Cranberry Cream Cheese Dip Recipe… There’s No School Like the Old School
So why would we take a vintage 2-ingredient recipe and turn it into an 8-ingredient recipe?
Well, because it’s better.
Our Cranberry Cream Cheese Dip looks better and tastes better than the classic jelly-covered-block concept, so you can feel proud to set it out amongst the other dishes.
Plus, almost all the ingredients are fridge and pantry staples, so it’s easy to pull together in minutes.
This version of Cranberry Jalapeno Dip with Cream Cheese is…
- Sweet and savory
- Tangy and spicy
- And dazzling to behold!
The quick homemade cranberry sauce drapes over the zesty cream cheese dip like glistening jewels.
Cranberry Jalapeno Dip Recipe Ingredients
There are two components of this Easy Cranberry Jalapeno Dip… The cream cheese dip, and the cranberry topping.
The Cream Cheese Dip on the bottom is bold and zesty, with a pop of herbs and heat.
The cranberry sauce is sweet, with an unapologetic tangy note.
Together, they are magic.
Don’t believe me? Try it for yourself. Here’s what you’ll need…
For the Cream Cheese Dip
- Cream Cheese
- Pickled Jalapenos (mild or hot)
- Lemon Zest
- Garlic Powder
For the Cranberry Sauce Topping
- Fresh Cranberries (or frozen)
- Pomegranate Juice
…And a little salt and pepper never hurts.
How to Make Holiday Cranberry Dip with Cream Cheese
- Simmer the Sauce. Cook the cranberries with pomegranate juice and sugar until they form a thick sauce.
- Mash and Mix. Smash the herbs, lemon zest, and jalapenos into the cream cheese.
- Scoop and Top. Scoop the cream cheese dip into a serving bowl and pour the cooled cranberry sauce over the top.
Get the Full (Printable) Holiday Cranberry Jalapeno Dip Recipe Below
Easy Cranberry Dip Tips & Tricks
Can’t find fresh cranberries? You can use frozen cranberries instead. If no cranberries are available, try making it with tart cherries or raspberries and only 1/2 cup sugar.
Short on Time? You can add the cranberry sauce over the cream cheese dip while it’s still a little warm… It just can’t be hot.
Prepping Ahead? You can make the entire recipe as-is up to 2 days in advance. Cover and refrigerate. Then set it out 1 hour before serving so the cream cheese can soften. If you need to make it further in advance (up to 5 days) keep the cream cheese dip and cranberry sauce separate in the fridge.
Gluten-Free? Yes, this recipe is naturally gluten-free. If you want to keep it that way, select gluten-free crackers for dipping.
Dairy-Free & Vegan? You can actually make a dairy-free and/or vegan version of this Cranberry Jalapeno Dip by swapping the cream cheese for a vegan cream cheese substitute.
More Holiday Dip Recipes
- Sausage Cheese Dip in a Bread Bowl
- Amazing Chipped Beef Dip
- Creamy Smoked Salmon Dip
- Pumpkin Pie Dip with Cinnamon Chips
- Hot Smoked Pimento Cheese
- Cherry Cheesecake Dip with Pie Crust Scoopers
- Hot Onion Dip with Fried Onions
- See ALL Our Party Snack Recipes
Perky Cranberry Jalapeno Cream Cheese Dip Recipe
- 12 ounces fresh cranberries (or frozen)
- 3/4 cup pomegranate juice
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 16 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup chopped scallions
- 3-4 tablespoons pickled jalapenos, chopped (mild or hot)
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest (from 1 lemon)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and pepper
- crackers for scooping (could be gluten-free!)
- Set a small saucepot over medium heat. Pour in the cranberries, pomegranate juice, and sugar. Add 1/2 teaspoon salt and stir well. Bring to a boil. Then lower the heat and simmer for 8-10 minutes, until thick.
- Meanwhile, set out a medium mixing bowl. Add the softened cream cheese, chopped scallions, 3 tablespoons of chopped jalapeno, lemon zest, garlic powder, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper. Smash and mix well.
- Taste the cream cheese dip. Add more chopped jalapeno if desired, as well as salt and pepper.
- Remove the cranberry sauce from the heat. Let it cool and thicken.
- Place the cream cheese dip in a serving bowl and arrange crackers around the bowl. Once the cranberry topping is cool, pour it over the cream cheese dip. (The cranberry sauce can still be warm to the touch when you pour it over the cream cheese dip. Just not hot!)
- Sprinkle extra scallions over the top if desired. Serve at room temperature.
Making this recipe? Follow us on Instagram and tag @ASpicyPerspective so we can share what you’re cooking!