Sharing a rich and creamy Miso Hummus Recipe, perfect for dipping veggies!
I love snacking on hummus with veggies and chips. I love spreading hummus on toast or on sandwiches. And I love adding a scoop of hearty hummus to a boring green salad to liven things up a bit.
However, this Miso Hummus Recipe is quickly becoming a favorite with my family because of the unique umami flavor introduced by a large dollop of white miso paste.
Miso paste is a wonderful add-in for dips and spreads, soups, dressings, and pretty much any lackluster dish that needs a pick-me-up.
It’s rich salty flavor, blends perfectly with hummus providing that extra something, which keeps people coming back for more.
Plus, making your own hummus recipe means you have full control over quality, texture and health.
To make this simple Miso Hummus Recipe, add canned chickpeas, mild white miso paste, lemon juice and zest, sesame oil, garlic, and crushed red pepper to a food processor.
Then just puree until you reach your desired consistency… chunky or extra smooth.
Sprinkle sesame seeds over the top, if you like, then dip away!
I’m always amazed at how much better homemade hummus tastes, over store-bought varieties.
It’s economical, takes very little time to make, and offers endless possibilities!
Try some of our other homemade hummus recipes…
And be sure to give this Miso Hummus Recipe a taste!
Miso Hummus Recipe
Yield: 2 1/2 cups
Prep Time:5 minutes
Easy Miso Hummus Recipe. This light and healthy homemade hummus recipe is both economic and delicious! Serve with cut vegetables and pita chips for a snack.
- 2 – 15 ounce cans chickpeas, drained
- 1/4-1/3 cup white miso paste
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 3 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- Sesame seeds for garnish (optional)
- Place the drained chickpeas, 1/4 cup miso paste, lemon zest + 2 tablespoons juice, sesame oil, garlic clove, and crushed red pepper in a food processor.
- Puree until very smooth. Taste the hummus and add more miso paste if desired. (Some brands of miso paste are very strong and/or salty, so start with less.)
- Serve with cut vegetables and pita chips. Miso Hummus will keep in an air-tight container in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.
Yield: 2 1/2 cups, Serving Size: 20
- Amount Per Serving:
- Calories: 70 Calories
- Total Fat: 2.7g
- Saturated Fat: 0.3g
- Sodium: 299mg
- Carbohydrates: 8.9g
- Fiber: 0.1g
- Sugar: 2.1g
- Protein: 2.7g
Making this recipe? Why not take a quick shot and share it on Instagram! Make sure to tag it #ASpicyPerspective so we can see what you're cooking!