Creamy Sausage Cheese Dip
Easy to make Creamy Sausage Cheese Dip with only 7 ingredients including sausage, green chiles, and sharp cheddar cheese!
Well it’s been too long, don’t you think?
A hot creamy holiday dip is the perfect complement to a large round sour dough loaf.
You get to use the loaf as both the vessel for serving, and the method of dipping. Cut a deep core out of the center of the loaf. Twist to detached it. Then cut the core into cubes for dipping.
Once the bread cubes are all used up, you simply rip saturated chunks off the side of the loaf, until both the loaf and the dip are gone.
Today’s Creamy Sausage Cheese Dip recipe is just the thing to fill your bread bowl for your next holiday party.
It’s smooth, rich, and cheesy with chunks of mildly spicy sausage and green chiles speckled throughout.
This recipe takes only minutes to brown the sausage and break it into small pieces. Then simply melt the cheeses into the skillet and add sour cream and green chiles.
The mixture comes together in a bold zesty blend of scoop-able decadence.
Creamy Sausage Cheese Dip is heavenly straight out of the hot skillet. Pour it into the bread bowl and let your guests dip away.
However, it stays just as nice and silky at room temperature, making it a great sit-out party snack for potlucks, drop-in Christmas parties, and for the Super Bowl!
Make sure to pin, bookmark, or print this Creamy Sausage Cheese Dip recipe for your upcoming events.
With just 7 ingredients, including the bread bowl, it make an amazing go-to recipe you can make in a pinch… With one less bowl to wash!
Creamy Sausage Cheese Dip
- 1/2 pound pork sausage
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar
- 4 ounces chopped green chiles, mild or spicy
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- Large, round sourdough bread loaf
- Using a serrated knife, cut a deep well in the center of the bread loaf. Cut deep enough that you have a large bread "core" to cut and use for dipping, but make sure the bottom of the loaf is still intact, to use as a vessel to hold the dip. Cut the core into chunks. Set the bread bowl on a platter and arrange the bread chunks around it.
- In a large skillet, brown the pork sausage over medium heat. Use a wooden spoon to break the sausage into small pieces while cooking. Once cooked, add the cream cheese to the skillet and move around the pan until fully melted.
- Once the cream cheese has melted, stir in the sour cream, sharp cheddar, and green chiles in their juices. Allow the mixture to bubble and melt. Then stir until smooth.
- Mix in 1/3 cup of chopped green onions. Pour the hot sausage cheese dip into the bread bowl, then sprinkle the remaining green onions over the top. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Making this recipe? Follow us on Instagram and tag @ASpicyPerspective so we can share what you’re cooking!