Cream Cheese Caramel Apple Dip
Caramel Apple Dip – This deliciously sweet cream cheese and caramel dip recipe is easy to make in 15 minutes with a handful of ingredients. It’s perfect to pair with fresh fruit like apples, or any favorite dippers!
Why We Love This Cream Cheese Dip Recipe
If you’ve ever swooped a crunchy and sweet slice of apple through a bowl of cream cheese and apple dip, you already know what the big deal is… Luxurious, dense, tangy-sweet caramel dip is the perfect pairing for apples when you want a less-than-healthy snack that still tastes fresh and somewhat good for you.
It’s great to make ahead and serve at parties with dippers or to enjoy for an afternoon snack or party appetizer. This apple dip recipe is so easy and addictive, that you’ll agree any occasion is right for bringing out a bowl!
Ingredients You Need
- Light brown sugar – or coconut sugar
- Butter – unsalted
- Water – for the base of the caramel sauce
- Salt – a pinch to balance the sweetness
- Cream cheese – softened
- Vanilla extract – brings together all of the flavors into one delicious cream cheese caramel apple dip
How to Make Cream Cheese Caramel Dip
Set a large 6-quart sauce pot on the stovetop over medium heat. Add the brown sugar, butter, water, and salt.
Stir, and bring the mixture to a boil. Lower the heat to medium-low and allow the mixture to gently boil for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Remove from heat, and allow the caramel to cool for 5 minutes. Then whisk in the cream cheese and vanilla extract.
Get the Complete (Printable) Cream Cheese Caramel Apple Dip Recipe Below. Enjoy!
Whisk vigorously and continuously until the caramel cream cheese mixture is thick and smooth, with no clumps.
Move the caramel dip to an airtight container (or cover with plastic wrap) and chill for at least one hour. I love to make a batch the night before fall gatherings and potlucks, for a ready-to-go snack.
When it’s time to enjoy, remove the container from the refrigerator and let it rest on the counter for a few minutes to soften before transferring to a serving dish.
Homemade Caramel Apple Dip Variations
- Caramel sauce – for a faster recipe feel free to use jarred store-bought sauce, or a batch of ready-to-use homemade salted caramel sauce
- Cream cheese – for a slightly lighter dip use low-fat or nonfat cream cheese
- Optional seasonings – cinnamon, nutmeg, or cayenne
- Dip toppings – drizzle on chocolate sauce or sprinkle the bowl of cream cheese apple dip with mini chocolate chips, toffee bits, crushed cookies or graham crackers, chopped nuts, or other sweet and crunchy goodies
First let’s state the obvious: This easy caramel apple dip recipe is perfect for pairing with hearty slices of red or green apples.
But that’s not all! The cream cheese fruit dip is great for scooping with other fruits like pineapple chunks, whole strawberries, or pear slices.
You can also get super indulgent with this snack/dessert and pair it with other treats like Oreos or chocolate chip cookies, graham crackers, pretzels, and crunchy cinnamon chips.
Frequently Asked Questions
No, it’s not. Although apples are very good for you, this dip is anything but… The combination of sugar, butter, and cream cheese is delicious, but sadly not at all “healthy.”
There is no wrong answer here! Green AKA granny smith apples are delightfully tart, or go with a sweeter variety like red gala, cosmic crisp, pink lady, or fuji apples.
Store the dip in an airtight container and keep it in the fridge for up to 3-4 days.
Looking for More Sweet Snack Recipes? Be Sure to Also Try:
- Easy Homemade Cinnamon Twists
- Homemade Healthy Trail Mix
- Paleo Bars with Nuts and Chocolate
- Cranberry Jalapeno Dip (Cream Cheese Dip)
- Easy Cinnamon Pecan Praline
Cream Cheese Caramel Apple Dip Recipe
- Set a large 6-quart sauce pot on the stove top over medium heat. Add the brown sugar, butter, water, and salt. Stir, and bring the mixture to a boil.
- Lower the heat to medium-low and allow the mixture to gently boil for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat, and allow the caramel to cool for 5 minutes.
- Then whisk in the cream cheese and vanilla extract. Whisk vigorously until the mixture is thick and smooth, with no clumps.
- Move the caramel dip to an airtight container and chill for at least one hour. Then slice apples and serve with a side of caramel apple dip.