The Best (Easy) Libby’s Pumpkin Pie Recipe
We’ve updated the classic Libby’s Pumpkin Pie recipe with a few easy swaps for hands-down the most flavorful pumpkin pie ever. Try our version this holiday season and you’ll see why it’s simply the best pumpkin pie recipe! Plus, it’s simple to make as a delicious gluten-free Thanksgiving dessert.
There is no Thanksgiving dessert more traditional than pumpkin pie. I mean, can you just imagine the looks you’d get at the table if you didn’t offer guests a generous slice of pumpkin spice-filled pie at the end of dinner? Just, don’t.
Do make your family and friends happy this holiday season by serving them classic “Libby’s” Pumpkin Pie… Kind of.
This Libby’s Pumpkin Pie Recipe is a slight tweak to the easy recipe that is listed on the Libby’s pumpkin puree can. While it has the same tender and moist pumpkin goodness in a flaky pie crust, we’ve swapped a few ingredients for an ever easier, more spice-filled, have-to-have-another-slice pumpkin pie.
The Best Libby’s Pumpkin Pie Recipe
This pumpkin pie is incredibly easy to make with help from store bought pie crust and readymade pumpkin pie spice blend. Plus, the filling is made in just one bowl, with no kitchen gadgets necessary!
It is also super simple to turn this into a dairy-free and/or gluten-free pumpkin pie recipe.
But what makes this truly the BEST Libby’s Pumpkin Pie Recipe? A few key pantry staple swaps make a world of difference in flavor…
What Ingredients You Need
Here is everything needed to make our easy version of Libby’s Pumpkin Pie:
- Libby’s Pure Pumpkin Puree – not canned pumpkin pie filling
- Heavy cream – creates a richer flavor versus canned evaporated milk
- Granulated sugar – or a low carb sugar substitute of your choice
- Eggs – essential as a binder and to help the pie rise slightly
- Pumpkin pie spice – buy as a pre-made blend or make your own with cinnamon, ginger, clove, and nutmeg
- Vanilla extract – our secret ingredient for the yummiest pie
- Salt – just a dash to balance out the sweetness
- Roll-out refrigerated pie crust – or homemade pie crust
- Whipped cream – for garnishing
For a dairy-free dessert make sure your pie crust is made with vegetable shortening instead of butter.
How to Make the Easiest Libby’s Pumpkin Pie
The first step to this easy recipe is to prepare the pie dish with the dough.
Carefully roll out and fit the crust into a deep-dish pie pan, and crimp the edges around the top. Put aside the leftover dough roll, and keep the crust in the fridge until ready to fill.
Not only is readymade pie dough handy for quickly making a pie crust, it’s great for creating impressive looking pie decorations with barely any effort. Just roll the extra pie crust and cut the dough using a cookie cutter or sharp knife. Here we’ve done sweet little leaves that are perfect for celebrating autumn!
Place the leaves on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, and bake in a preheat oven for 5 minutes until golden.
Next, make the pumpkin pie filling. In a large mixing bowl, combine the remaining ingredients until smooth.
Pour the mixture into the prepared pie shell.
Get the Complete (Printable) Best Pumpkin Pie Recipe Below. Enjoy!
Bake the pie on the lowest rack at 425 degrees F oven for 15 minutes.
Reduce the temperature to 350 degrees F. Continue baking the pie for another 40-45 minutes, or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. If the crust starts looking a bit dark, place a piece of foil loosely over the top and continue baking.
Cool the pie on a wire rack, then chill. Serve homemade pumpkin pie at room temperature or cold with fresh whipped cream.
How Do I Make Gluten-Free Libby’s Pumpkin Pie?
For a gluten free version, use a store-bought gluten-free pie crust, or make homemade gluten free pie crust using a GF 1-to-1 baking mix instead of wheat flour.
Can Pumpkin Pie Be Made Ahead?
Yes! Make this recipe a day or two before your Thanksgiving dinner and keep stored covered in the fridge. Serve chilled, or at room temperature.
Leftovers can be kept in the fridge for up to 3 more days.
Looking for More Holiday Dessert Recipes?
- Pecan Pie Cheesecake (Bars or Cake!)
- Pumpkin Spice Cake with Maple Frosting
- Perfect Dutch Apple Pie
- Layered Pumpkin Turtle Cheesecake
- The Best Carrot Cake Recipe
The Best (EASY) Libby’s Pumpkin Pie Recipe
- Preheat the oven to 425 degree F. Set out a deep-dish pie pan. Roll and fit a pie crust down into the pie pan. Crimp the edges of the crust around the top. Refrigerate the crust until ready to fill. (You can also make a pie crust leaf garnish with leftover dough. Roll and cut the dough. Place the leaves on a baking sheet and bake for 5 minutes.)
- Set out a large mixing bowl. Combine the pumpkin puree, heavy cream, sugar, eggs, pumpkin pie spice, vanilla, and salt. Whisk until smooth.
- Pour the filling into pie shell. Bake the pie on the lowest rack, at 425 degrees F, for 15 minutes.
- Reduce the temperature to 350 degrees F. Continue baking the pie for another 40-45 minutes, or until knife inserted near the center comes out clean. If the crust starts looking dark, place a piece of foil loosely over the top and continue baking.
- Cool on wire rack, then chill. Serve at room temperature or cold. Serve with fresh whipped cream.
Making this recipe? Follow us on Instagram and tag @ASpicyPerspective so we can share what you’re cooking!