A Perfect Cinnamon Pie Recipe for the holidays with a creamy spiced filling and golden crust!
However this year I wanted to try a new (at least new to me) pie variety.
I was recently listening to an old Paul Simon album and stopped in my tracked with a heard the line “She was baking a Cinnamon Pie” in the song Hurricane Eye.
Cinnamon Pie? Never heard of it.
Don’t get me wrong… I’ve eaten more than my fair share of cinnamon rolls, cinnamon cookies, cinnamon cake, cinnamon cornbread, and cinnamon bread over the years. Yet had never ever tried Cinnamon Pie.
Paul Simon, challenge accepted!
After hunting down multiple recipes I noticed quite a large discrepancy in what is considered a Cinnamon Pie. Some were gooey and gelatinous. Some were like a cinnamon cake baked inside a pie crust. Some were double crusted. Some were chunky.
There didn’t seem to be a set standard.
The recipes that stood out to me as the most appealing were the smooth creamy Cinnamon Pie recipes.
So I made notes on the the best elements of each recipe, and set off the create my variation of Cinnamon Pie.
Today’s recipe is my version of Cinnamon Pie. The filling is light and silky with a strong cinnamon essence and a touch of nutmeg to offset the flavor.
It’s divine. Truly.
It’s the perfect finish to a holiday family feast.
Spoon a dollop of whipped cream over the top and you have a new annual tradition. Cinnamon Pie is a treat your family will ask for again again!
Yield: 1 pie
Prep Time:10 minutes
Cook Time:40 minutes
Absolutely the Best Cinnamon Pie Recipe! Perfect creamy cinnamon filling baked into a golden crust. Cinnamon Pie is the perfect dessert for holiday meals.
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 large eggs + 1 egg yolk
- 1 1/4 cups heavy cream
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 3 1/2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 pie crust, homemade or store-bought
- Powdered sugar for dusting
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Roll and fit a pie crust into a standard 9 inch pie dish. Crimp the edges and place the pie crust in the refrigerator.
- Place the cream cheese and brown sugar in the bowl of an electric mixer. Beat of high until light and fluffy, about 3-5 minutes. Scrape the bowl with a spatula, then beat in the eggs. Scrape the bowl again, then set the mixer on low and mix in cream, flour, cinnamon, vanilla, salt and nutmeg until very smooth.
- Pour the cinnamon filling into the prepared pie pan. Bake for 35 minutes, until the center seems set when jiggled, but not totally firm. Bake another 5 minutes if needed. Cool completely. Cover and chill.
- Take out of the refrigerator 1 hour before serving. Dust the top of the pie with powdered sugar. Cut and serve with whipped cream if desired.
Yield: 1 pie, Serving Size: 8
- Amount Per Serving:
- Calories: 435 Calories
- Total Fat: 26g
- Saturated Fat: 12.6g
- Cholesterol: 115mg
- Sodium: 580mg
- Carbohydrates: 46.1g
- Fiber: 2.2g
- Sugar: 31.3g
- Protein: 6.3g
Making this recipe? Why not take a quick shot and share it on Instagram! Make sure to tag it #ASpicyPerspective so we can see what you're cooking!