Pecan Praline Pound Cake
Rich decadent Pecan Praline Pound Cake makes marvelous edible gifts for the holidays.
Looking for a unique holiday treat to serve after holiday meals?
Or possibly to wrap and give as tasty presents this season?
I thought you might be. Today’s Pecan Praline Pound Cake is a show-stopper at the dinner table, and can be easily packaged and carted around (or shipped) for edible gifts.
There’s nothing like a buttery pound cake to usher in the holiday spirit!
I used my favorite classic pound cake recipe, yet substituted brown sugar for the granulated sugar to give it a deeper richness of flavor.
Then I simmered an easy pecan praline topping that is poured over the pound cakes, giving them a crumbly crusty nut finish.
Buttery-sweet and crunchy on top. Dense and tender below. The perfect pound cake combo!
You can wrap each Pecan Praline Pound Cake in cellophane to give away. Gift them in a decorative loaf pan.
Or offer them with a lovely wooden cutting board like those seen in today’s post from Shop Dog USA.
These stunning cutting boards are custom-made by a master woodworker here in the mountains of North Carolina and can be used as cheese boards, charcuterie boards, and foraging boards.
They come in all different shapes and sizes. The smaller sizes are perfect for gifting with a Pecan Praline Pound Cake on top.
Check them out on Instagram and Facebook at @ShopDogUSA!
Pecan Praline Pound Cake
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F. Spray two 9 X 5 loaf pans with nonstick cooking spray.
- Place 3 sticks butter and 2 1/2 cups brown sugar in the bowl of an electric mixer. Beat on high to cream the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy, about 3-5 minutes. Scrape the bowl, then mix in the eggs, 1 cup milk, 2 teaspoons vanilla extract, salt and baking powder. Slowly add in the flour. Scrape the bowl, then beat until smooth.
- Divide the batter into the two loaf pans. Bake for 65-80 minutes, until a wooden skewer inserted into the center comes on clean. Cool in pans for 10 minutes. Then flip out onto a cooling rack.
- Once the cakes are out of the oven, place the remaining 1 stick of butter, 1/2 cup of brown sugar, and 1/4 cup milk in a small sauce pot. Heat over medium heat until the mixture comes to a low boil. Boil for 4-5 minutes, then remove from heat and whisk in 1 teaspoon vanilla and 2 cups powdered sugar. Whisk until smooth, then stir in the pecan pieces.
- While the praline mixture is still warm, pour it over the top of both pound cakes. Allow them to cool to room temperature before cutting or wrapping.
Making this recipe? Follow us on Instagram and tag @ASpicyPerspective so we can share what you’re cooking!