Pomegranate Cream Tart Recipe: An easy 6-ingredient holiday dessert bursting with fresh pomegranate flavor!
Pomegranates are a food everyone seems to be enamored with, yet very few people really know how to use.
We sprinkle the arils (seeds) over salads. We mix them in our morning yogurt. And we use them for recipe garnishes.
Yet where are the recipes with pomegranate as the primary focal point?
Today’s Fresh Pomegranate Cream Tart is a glorious pomegranate-forward holiday dessert.
It’s easy to make, requires very few ingredients, and is literally bursting with pomegranate flavor.
Here’s what you need to get started…
Fresh Pomegranate Cream Tart Ingredients
- Pie crust – You can make an easy pie crust from scratch or buy a refrigerated roll-out pie crust.
- Cream cheese – This creates a creamy tangy base for the pomegranate arils to rest on.
- Powdered sugar – To sweeten the cream cheese filling.
- Fresh pomegranate arils – You can measure these out of two large or three smaller pomegranates. Use our guide on the best way to remove pomegranate arils! Some stores now sell cartons of fresh pomegranate arils, already cleaned.
- Cranberry jam – This coats the arils and helps them stick together. If you can’t find cranberry jam, use cherry or raspberry jam instead.
- Corn starch – Just a little cornstarch help thicken the jam and absorb any juices that escape from the pomegranate arils.
How To Make A Pomegranate Cream Tart
- Crimp the crust – Lower the crust into a tart pan and press it into the scalloped edges. Remove the excess crust around the edges and then prick the bottom with a fork so the crust doesn’t bubble. Chill until ready to bake, so the crust is very cold when it goes into the oven.
- Bake until Golden – Bake the crust for approximately 10 minutes.
- Beat the cream cheese – Mix the cream cheese and powdered sugar on high to remove any clumps.
- Spread – Shmeer the cream cheese in the bottom of the cooled crust.
- Prep the jam – Microwave the jam and corn starch until bubbly.
- Glaze the pomegranate arils – Stir the arils into the jam mixture.
- Bedazzle the tart – Spoon the pomegranate mixture over the tart.
Wasn’t that easy?
Get The Complete Fresh Pomegranate Cream Tart Recipe Below & Watch Our Video Tutorial!
We’ve got lots of fun and easy to make holiday desserts for you. Make sure to check out our:
Pomegranate Cream Tart
Pomegranate Cream Tart Recipe - An easy 6-ingredient holiday dessert bursting with fresh pomegranate flavor!
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F. Flour a work surface and gently roll out the pie crust. Then carefully fit the pie crust in a 8 to 9-inch tart pan.
- Press the crust into the scalloped edges of tart pan. Then press along the rim of the pan to cut off any extra crust.
- Use a fork to prick the bottom of the crust so it does not bubble while baking. Then refrigerate to keep cold while you wait for the oven to preheat.
Once the oven is hot, bake the crust for approximately 10 minutes, until golden. Cool completely before filling.
Meanwhile remove the arils from the pomegranates and discard the skin and membranes. Measure out 2 1/2 cups of arils. If they are wet, dry them on a paper towel.
In the bowl of an electric stand mixer, add the cream cheese and powdered sugar. Start on low and beat the sugar into the cream cheese. Increase the speed until all clumps are eliminated.
- Once the crust in cooled to room temperature, spread the cream filling on the bottom of the crust. Chill.
- Place the jam and cornstarch in a microwave-safe bowl. Mix well, then microwave for 1 minute to melt and mix the ingredients. It should be boiling. If it’s not, microwave another 30-60 seconds.
Stir well, then mix in the pomegranate arils. Stir until well coated. Spread the pomegranate arils over the surface of the tart. Chill for 1 hour, or until ready to serve.
This pomegranate tart can be made up to 5 days before serving.