Layered Pumpkin Turtle Cheesecake
This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
Layered Pumpkin Turtle Cheesecake Recipe: A soft fluffy pumpkin spice cake topped with creamy cheesecake, caramel, chocolate, and pecans!
A Pumpkin Dessert to Please the Masses
Pumpkin is one of those tricky seasonal foods. Either you love pumpkin everything, from savory soups to lattes… Or you find it over-rated with an oddly heavy texture.
If you fall in the pumpkin snubbing subsect, yet live with pumpkin super-fans, I’ve got a dessert recipe for you to try this season.
We pumpkin lovers might make a convert of you yet!
Why EVERYONE Loves Layered Pumpkin Turtle Cheesecake…
This devilish dessert is stacked high with layers and layers of goodness.
It starts with a soft, pillowy, lightly-spiced, pumpkin cake, to satisfy the pumpkin lovers. Yet then, it’s covered with a thick layer of no-bake cheesecake filling, thick caramel, chocolate fudge, pecans, and whipped cream!
You get a bit of festive pumpkin flavor in each forkful. Yet it’s not over-powering, and it’s certainly not dense like pumpkin pie.
What is Turtle Cheesecake?
The word “turtle” refers to the combination of chocolate, caramel, and pecans in the classic turtle chocolate candies.
Therefore turtle cheesecake, is a cheesecake including these three iconic flavors.
Here we’ve added turtle toppings to a rich creamy no-bake cheesecake layer.
Although the pumpkin spice cake on the bottom is baked, the rest of the layers in this Layered Pumpkin Turtle Cheesecake, are easy no-bake add-ons!
Epic Cake Layers
- Pumpkin Spice Cake – A soft tender pumpkin-spiced cake base for the additional layers to rest on.
- No-Bake Cheesecake – A tangy-sweet layer of creamy dairy fluff.
- Pecans – These are just sprinkled over the cake!
- Caramel – Use thick canned Dulce de leche so it stays in place and doesn’t run out of the cake.
- Chocolate Fudge – Fudge ice cream topping will also set nicely once it’s cool, making it a fabulous cake filling.
- Whipped Cream – Dolloped all over the top, and decorated with extra pecans and chocolate shavings!
The Best Holiday Baking Dishes
Layered Pumpkin Turtle Cheesecake is a marvelous make-ahead and take-along dessert for the holidays… But only if you make it in the right dish.
In order to stack all these delectable layers as high as you like, you need to use an ultra-deep dish.
We love the Pyrex Deep Collection for such a recipe.
Each Pyrex Deep is up to 50% deeper than standard baking dishes and comes with an airtight snap-on lid, so you can take your treats wherever you go!
With Pyrex Deep You Can:
- Make bigger recipes
- Feed more people
- Avoid oven (or car) spillage
- Keep the tops of your cakes and casseroles pretty
- Get creative without feeling confined!
Yet best of all, Pyrex Deep dishes are affordable and are easy to find at Walmart or on Amazon.
How to Make Layered Pumpkin Turtle Cheesecake
- Mix the Dry Ingredients. Set out a 9 X 13 inch Pyrex Deep dish. In a medium mixing bowl, combine the flour, pumpkin pie spice, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Whisk well.
- Mix the Wet Ingredients. In the bowl of an electric mixer, cream the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. Turn the mixer on low and beat in the eggs and pumpkin puree.
- Combine Wet and Dry. Slowly add the flour mixture to the wet mixture. Pour the cake batter into the baking dish.
- Bake until the center is puffed, and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Whip the Cheesecake Layer. Pour heavy cream into stand mixer bowl. Beat on high until the cream is whipped into firm peaks. Set aside. Beat the cream cheese, powdered sugar, and vanilla in the stand mixer. Gently mix half the whipped cream into the cream cheese until smooth.
- Stack on the Layers! Spread the cheesecake filling over the cooled pumpkin cake. Sprinkle chopped pecans over the cheesecake. Pour and spread the caramel evenly over the top of the cheesecake layer. Then pour the fudge over the caramel. Top with whipped cream, pecans, and chocolate shavings.
Get the Full (Printable) Layered Pumpkin Cheesecake Recipe Below!
Learn more about Pyrex Deep at PyrexHome.com.
Also Find Pyrex Deep On:
More Holiday Pumpkin Recipes
- Pumpkin Sheet Cake with Buttermilk Frosting
- Best Pumpkin Slab Pie
- Spiced Pumpkin Dip with Cinnamon Chips
- Pumpkin Ice Cream Cake
- Pumpkin Skillet Blondies
More Deep Dish Recipes
Layered Pumpkin Turtle Cheesecake
For the Pumpkin Cake Layer:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice (or 1 tsp cinnamon, 1/2 tsp nutmeg, 1/2 tsp clove)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 3 large eggs
- 3/4 cup pumpkin puree
For the Cheesecake Layers:
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 4 cups heavy cream, divided
- 2/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 40.2 ounces dulce de leche (3 cans)
- 28 ounces fudge topping (about 2 jars)
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Optional Garnish: chocolate shavings
- For the Pumpkin Cake: Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Set out a 9 X 13 inch Pyrex Deep dish. In a medium mixing bowl, combine the flour, pumpkin pie spice, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Whisk well.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, cream the butter and sugar together on high, until light and fluffy, about 3-5 minutes. Scrape the bowl with a rubber spatula. Then turn the mixer on low and beat in the eggs, followed by the pumpkin puree.
- Slowly add the flour mixture to the wet mixture. Once fully combined, scrape the bowl of the mixer again. Beat for another 10 seconds, just until smooth. (Over-beating batter makes tough cakes.)
- Pour the cake batter into the baking dish. Bake for 20-25 minutes, until the center is puffed, and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Cool completely before moving on.
- For the Cheesecake Layers: Pour cold heavy cream into a clean stand mixer bowl. Using a whip attachment, beat on high until whipped into firm peaks. Scoop all the whipped cream into a separate bowl.
- Then place the cream cheese, powdered sugar, and vanilla in the stand mixer. Beat on high until light and fluffy. Scrape the bowl with a spatula and beat again to make sure there are no clumps. Then place half of the whipped cream into the mixer and beat on low until the cream cheese and whipped cream create a smooth thick filling. Place the remaining whipped cream in the refrigerator for later use.
- Spread the cheesecake filling over the cooled pumpkin cake. If it feels very loose, place in the refrigerator for 20+ minutes to firm up. Otherwise, proceed.
- Sprinkle 3/4 cup chopped pecans over the cheesecake, reserving some for the top. Warm the dulce de leche in a microwave-safe bowl until just soft enough to spread easily. (NOT HOT!) Stir well, then pour and spread the caramel evenly over the top of the cheesecake layer.
- Warm the fudge in the microwave until just warm enough to pour and spread. (Again, NOT HOT!) Pour the fudge over the caramel and quickly spread into an even layer.
- Chill the cake just until the fudge is cool, about 10 minutes. Then spread the remaining whipped cream over the top of the cake. Sprinkle with the remaining pecans, and chocolate shavings if desired. Chill until ready to serve.
Making this recipe? Follow us on Instagram and tag @ASpicyPerspective so we can share what you’re cooking!
Disclosure: This post is sponsored by Pyrex Home. All opinions are my own.
This is incredibly good! Love the dulce de leche in this cheesecake! It was so good!
OH MY! I needed all those layers in my life. This was such a great recipe. Thanks for sharing.
This was really amazing!! A perfect dessert for Thanksgiving!
Holy moly this is so so good!! Definitely bringing this to thanksgiving! Thanks!
Holy moly this is so so good!! Definitely bringing this to thanksgiving!
this recipe looks seriously delicious! thank you for sharing this :)
Is this freezable? Thanks
All of my favorites, in one dessert! I just love all of those layers. Thank you!