Decadent ultra moist Cinnamon Dolce Latte Cake with Mascarpone Frosting. Our top cake this season!
Obviously if I deem a recipe “blog-worthy” and share it on A Spicy Perspective, I think it’s pretty exceptional.
But this cake. THIS CAKE. Is utterly, devilishly, outlandishly divine!
In fact, it is absolutely my current favorite cake here on ASP, with this one as a close second.
If you plan on making one cake this holiday season… Guys, this is the cake.
The story behind my Cinnamon Dolce Latte Cake with Mascarpone Frosting is not that exciting. But trust me, not everything wonderful has to come from sensationalized beginnings.
I usually sneak a coffee once a week when I go the the grocery store. This is not my only coffee of the week, but it’s the one cup loaded with sugar, flavor syrups, and cream.
A few weeks ago I decided to treat myself to a Cinnamon Dolce Latte from the grocery store Starbucks. As I was sipping my hot latte and perusing the cheese section, my eyes scanned over the mascarpone cheese.
In an instant, I let out a gasp loud enough to turn heads as I made a mental connection that mascarpone cheese and Cinnamon Dolce Lattes belonged together… Preferably in cake.
That’s it. I came home and started testing recipes until this little beauty came into being.
Cinnamon Dolce Latte Cake with Mascarpone Frosting is my pride and joy this season. Everyone that was fortunate enough to have a taste at my house, swooned in momentary ecstasy.
It offers just enough cinnamon, cream, and espresso flavor without being overpowering. The texture is ridiculously silky with a fine tender crumb.
In fact, this cake is so delicate you must place parchment paper circles in the bottom of each cake pan to flip the cakes out in one piece.
And the frosting?
Two words… Spreadable debauchery.
We think Cinnamon Dolce Latte Cake with Mascarpone Frosting needs to make an appearance at your house this holiday season.
Fancify the cake by adding plastic christmas tree cake toppers for a look that matches its festive flavor!
Like the cake stand? Find it here!
Looking for a lighter mascarpone treat? Try this Low Carb Mascarpone Mousse with Roasted Strawberries!
Cinnamon Dolce Latte Cake with Mascarpone Frosting
- 16 ounces mascarpone cheese
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 6-8 cups powdered sugar
- Pinch of salt
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease three round baking pans and cut parchment paper circles to fit down in the bottom of each pan. Flatten the circles in the bottom of the pans to remove air bubbles.
Mix the cake flour, espresso powder, cinnamon, baking powder, and salt together in a bowl. In the bowl of an electric mixer , cream the butter and sugars together on high until light and fluffy, 3-5 minutes. Scrape the bowl and beat on low, adding in the milk, eggs, and vanilla extract. Slowly add in the flour mixture. Scrape the bowl again and beat until well combined.
- Pour the cake batter evenly into the three prepared pans. Bake for 20-25 minutes, until a tooth pick inserted into the middle of the cake comes out clean. Cool in the pans for 10 minutes. Then gently flip onto cooling racks and peel off the parchment paper.
- Once the cakes cool to room temperature, move on to the frosting. With an electric mixer, beat the mascarpone cheese and cream together until smooth. Add the salt. Slowly beat in powdered sugar until the frosting is firm enough to spread and set.
- Gently flip one cake layer onto a cake plate. Add one-quarter of the frosting and spread to the edges. Flip the second cake onto the first layer. Spread one-quarter of the frosting over the second cake. Repeat with the last cake layer and the remaining one-half of the frosting. Allow the frosting to hang over the edges (like snow) with exposed edges, or smooth the frosting down over the sides for a rustic finish. Refrigerate to set the frosting. Then cover and keep refrigerated.
- When ready to serve, let the cake sit out at room temperature for at least one hour. Decorate the top with and sprinkle powdered sugar snow over the top.