An easy Market Bean Salad recipe with amazing taste and texture! Loaded with black eyed peas, field peas, sprouted lentils and sweet peas, and fresh cherry tomatoes, it’s tangy flavor and clean ingredients make it a shoe-in for your favorite weekly go-to side dish.
Oh… Did you think I was talking to you?!
I mean, I was talking to this Bean Salad, but you are gorgeous too.
And you will feel gorgeous when you partake of this super clean, healthy, nutrient-packed Bean Salad that tastes fabulous and is pure textural bliss.
In fact, when Lt. Dan ate it, he told me it was a work of textural genius. …I can’t make this stuff up, people. Those were his words.
I started with tender cooked black eyed peas and white acre peas (field peas). Then I added raw sprouted mixed sweet peas and lentils that you can find in the produce department, next to the alfalfa sprouts.
Sounds like a whole lot of peas (not beans) in this Bean Salad, doesn’t it?
Well if you were wondering, peas and beans are essentially the same thing… All legumes.
Then a mixed in chopped red onion, garlic, flat leaf parsley, grassy olive oil, and a kiss of apple cider vinegar for punch.
And if that weren’t enough, I topped this Market Bean Salad with the most beautiful cherry tomatoes I’ve seen all season. The sweet tomatoes offer a cool juicy note to each crunchy bite.
Seriously, guys… I love this Market Bean Salad.
So much so, that I’ve eaten the leftovers for lunch and breakfast the last couple days.
This is a healthy new staple in our house, and once you try it, I think you will feel the same.
Market Bean Salad
Yield: 6-8 servings
Prep Time:15 minutes
Cook Time:40 minutes
An easy Bean Salad with amazing taste and texture. This Market Bean Salad recipe is loaded with black eyed peas, field peas, sprouted lentils and tomatoes!
- 1 pound raw or frozen black eyed peas
- 1/2 pound raw or frozen white acre peas (field peas)
- 1/2 pound mixed sprouted peas and lentils
- 1 pint ripe cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 small red onions, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/3 cup chopped flat leaf parsley
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Place a large pot of water over high heat and bring to a boil. Salt the water liberally, then add the black eyed peas. Simmer for 10 minutes, then add the white acre peas and simmer another 20-30 minutes, until both are soft and tender. Drain the peas in a colander and rinse under cold water to bring the temperature down. Shake to remove excess water.
- Place the cooked peas (beans) in a large mixing bowl. Add the sprouted peas, red onion, garlic, parsley, vinegar and oil. Toss, then salt and pepper to taste and toss again.
- Cut the large cherry tomatoes in half and leave the small tomatoes whole. When ready to serve, pour the bean salad out on a serving platter the top with the cherry tomatoes.
Yield: 6-8 servings, Serving Size: 1/8th recipe
- Amount Per Serving:
- Calories: 212 Calories
- Total Fat: 7g
- Saturated Fat: 1.2g
- Sodium: 112mg
- Carbohydrates: 27.6g
- Fiber: 0.7g
- Sugar: 14g
- Protein: 10.6g
Making this recipe? Why not take a quick shot and share it on Instagram! Make sure to tag it #ASpicyPerspective so we can see what you're cooking!