Doesn’t it look glorious?
I mean, really. Have you ever seen a more satisfying looking salad?
We’ve been taking measures lately, to make sure we include more and more fresh raw produce into our diet. I would guess we enjoy a “dinner salad” at least twice a week, if not more.
I’m also trying to eat at least one raw vegetable dish a day, so often I enjoy a salad at lunch.
Grilled Chicken Salad
There’s something marvelous about cool crisp veggies topped with hot protein, don’t you think? If I could demonstrate how I want to eat (all the time right now) on one platter, it would be this Mexican Grilled Chicken Salad.
Veggies, veggies, and more veggies, topped with juicy seasoned grilled chicken, bacon, and crumbly cheese. Then smothered in a creamy spicy tomato ranch dressing.
That pretty much covers it.
Mexican Chicken Salad
The beauty of this salad is that it’s not only healthy and delicious, it’s also so darn easy to prepare.
I sprinkled zippy Old El Paso Taco Seasoning over the chicken. This eliminates the need for all sorts of herbs and spices in one fell swoop.
The taco seasoning coats the chicken, creating a vibrant crusty finish once the chicken is grilled.
For the salad, I piled the steaming chicken on a bed of crisp romaine lettuce and cuddled it up with ripe avocado and sweet grape tomatoes.
Then I sprinkled fresh corn, crumbled bacon, chopped scallions, and crumbly queso fresco over the entire Mexican Grilled Chicken Salad like magic flavor confetti!
I kind of sprinkled it all over the floor as well. All these ingredients were a little too exciting if you know what I mean.
Mexican Grilled Chicken Salad
Our Mexican Grilled Chicken Salad is truly a feast for all five senses. It’s an aromatic, crunchy, and colorful dinner option that is perfect for spring and summer cooking.
Finished with a simple 2-ingredient spicy tomato ranch dressing, this grilled chicken salad is at the very top of my shortlist right now.
What is Queso Fresco?
Queso Fresco is a creamy Mexican Cheese that can be translated to ‘Fresh Cheese’. It is traditionally made from cows milk and is aged for a couple of days to give it that fresh taste!
You can find this cheese next to the sour cream and cheese sticks in your grocery store. Or if there is a Mexican store near you they will most likely have some.
See The Recipe Card Below For How To Make Mexican Grilled Chicken Salad. Enjoy!
other salads you might like:
- Thai Quinoa Salad
- Garlic Lime Roasted Shrimp Salad
- Brazilian Chopped Salad
- The Best Steakhouse Caesar Salad Recipe
- Thai Red Curry Grilled Chicken Salad
- Southwest Salad from Lil’ Luna
Mexican Grilled Chicken Salad
Mexican Grilled Chicken Salad: loaded with veggies and topped with spicy tomato ranch dressing. This is not your average Grilled Chicken Salad recipe!
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1 packet Old El Paso Taco Seasoning
- 2 heads romaine lettuce
- 1 pint grape or cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 avocados, peeled and sliced
- 1 cup fresh corn kernels
- 1 cup cooked crumbled bacon
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup crumbled queso fresco cheese
- 1 cup thick ranch dressing, from the refrigerated section
- 1/2 cup fresh spicy salsa
Preheat the grill to medium heat. Place the chicken breasts in a baking dish and sprinkle with Old El Paso Taco Seasoning. Turn to coat the chicken on all sides. Chop the lettuce and prep all other vegetables.
- Grill the chicken for 5 minutes per side. Then allow the chicken to rest for at least five minutes before slicing. Meanwhile, place the ranch dressing and the salsa in the blender and puree until smooth.
- Pile the chopped lettuce on a large platter. Slice the chicken and arrange over the lettuce. Then arrange the sliced avocados and tomatoes around the chicken. Sprinkle the corn, chopped green onions, crumbled bacon and queso fresco over the entire salad. Serve immediately with a side of spicy tomato ranch dressing.
Disclosure: This post is sponsored by Old El Paso. All opinions are my own.