5-Ingredient Watermelon Rum Punch Recipe
Watermelon Rum Punch Recipe: Served out of a watermelon punch bowl and made with ripe watermelon, passion fruit rum, orange-pineapple juice, and lime juice! It’s the perfect party cocktail for summer!
Fourth of July Menu
Independence Day is just around the corner. Do you have your menu in order?
If not, I can help with that…
And to wash it all down, I’d serve French Lavender Lemonade to the kids and this 5-Ingredient Watermelon Rum Punch to the grownups. BOOM.
Best of all, everything except the chicken skewers can be made in advance, even the beverages. So July 4th you can relax and enjoy your friends and family without a long list of things to do.
I absolutely love this 5-Ingredient Watermelon Rum Punch Recipe. What’s so good about it?
I’ll tell you. It is:
- Easy to prepare
- Makes a large batch for parties
- Creates its own punch bowl
Plus as mentioned, you can make this punch a couple of days before serving it, to save time on party day.
Actually, I think it tastes best after it’s had time to sit for a while. The flavors seem to intensify over time.
Watermelon Rum Punch Recipe Ingredients
As stated before this is a 5-ingredient recipe so… Here’s what you’ll need to make this intoxicating drink:
- A Seedless Watermelon
- Passion Fruit Rum
- Orange-Pineapple Juice
- Fresh Lime Juice
- Granulated Sugar
That’s it, seriously! It’s so easy to make and assemble.
The hardest part of the whole process would probably be picking out the watermelon.
How to Make Rum Punch
Select a large ripe seedless watermelon with a flat level bottom.
Set the flat side of a watermelon on a cutting board. Jiggle the melon to see if it will stay level. If not, slice a thin layer of rind off the bottom to make a flat surface. Then cut a large oval opening in the top of the watermelon.
Use a large metal spoon to scoop the flesh out of the watermelon, creating a punch bowl.
Set the fruit chunks in a large bowl to collect the juices.
Working in two batches, place half the watermelon flesh into the blender. Add half of the rum, pineapple juice, lime juice, and sugar. Puree until very smooth.
Pour the punch into the watermelon bowl and repeat with the remaining ingredients.
The rum punch will have a frothy texture, similar to sherbet punch. If you are anti-froth, you can strain the punch if you like.
I love the frothy consistency, but Lt. Dan hates anything with a foamy texture, so sometimes I strain it… If I’m feeling sweet. *wink*
Don’t stress on Independence Day this year.
Prep your dishes and beverages ahead, then have a tall refreshing glass of 5-Ingredient Watermelon Rum Punch with your loved ones!
See The Recipe Card and Video Below For How To Make This Watermelon Rum Punch Recipe. Enjoy!
other drinks you are sure to love:
- Smoke & Mirrors Cocktail
- Killer Bee Cocktails
- Vodka Gummy Bears Popsicles
- Rhubarb Sparkler Cocktail
- Boozy Red, White & Blueberry Rocket Pops
Watermelon Rum Punch
- 1 large seedless watermelon
- 750 ml passion fruit rum (1 bottle)
- 2 1/2 cups orange-pineapple juice
- 3/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- Set the flat side of a watermelon on a cutting board. Jiggle the melon to see if it will stay level. If not, slice a thin layer of rind off the bottom to make a flat surface. Then cut a large oval opening in the top of the watermelon.
- Use a large metal spoon to scoop the flesh out of the watermelon, creating a punch bowl. Set the fruit chunks in a large bowl to collect the juices.
- Working in two batches, place half the watermelon flesh into the blender. Add half of the rum, juices and sugar. Puree until smooth. Pour the punch into the watermelon bowl and repeat with the remaining ingredients.
- Chill the punch until ready to serve. (Depending on the size of watermelon you may have extra in the blender pitcher for refilling the punch bowl.)
Making this recipe? Follow us on Instagram and tag @ASpicyPerspective so we can share what you’re cooking!