Fresh 5-Ingredient Watermelon Rum Punch, the perfect party cocktail for summer!
Independence Day is just around the corner. Do you have your menu in order?
If not, I can help with that…
And to wash it all down, I’d serve French Lavender Lemonade to the kids and this 5-Ingredient Watermelon Rum Punch to the grownups. BOOM.
Best of all, everything except the chicken skewers can be made in advance, even the beverages. So July 4th you can relax and enjoy your friends and family without a long list of things to do.
I absolutely love this 5-Ingredient Watermelon Rum Punch.
It’s fresh and fruity, easy to prepare, makes a large batch for parties, and creates its own punch bowl. Plus as mentioned, you can make this punch a couple days before serving it, to save time on party day.
Actually, I think it tastes best after it’s had time to sit for a while. The flavors seem to intensify over time.
To Make 5-Ingredient Watermelon Rum Punch
Select a large ripe seedless watermelon with a flat level bottom. Cut a hole in the top and scoop out the fruit with a large metal spoon.
Place the watermelon chunks in the blender with passion fruit rum, orange-pineapple juice, lime juice, and a little sugar. Puree until very smooth.
Then pour the 5-Ingredient Watermelon Rum Punch back into the empty watermelon bowl and serve!
The punch will have a frothy texture, similar to sherbet punch. If you are anti-froth, you can strain the punch if you like.
I love the frothy consistency, but Lt. Dan hates anything with a foamy texture, so sometimes I strain it… If I’m feeling sweet. *wink*
Don’t stress on Independence Day this year. Prep your dishes and beverages ahead, then have a tall refreshing glass of 5-Ingredient Watermelon Rum Punch with your loved ones!
Watermelon Rum Punch
Yield: 16-20 servings
Prep Time:10 minutes
Fresh Watermelon Rum Punch Recipe, served out of a watermelon punch bowl! Made with ripe watermelon, passion fruit rum, orange-pineapple juice, and lime juice!
- 1 large seedless watermelon
- 750 ml bottle passion fruit rum
- 2 1/2 cup orange-pineapple juice
- 3/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- Set the flat side of a watermelon on a cutting board. Jiggle the melon to see if it will stay level. If not, slice a thin layer of rind off the bottom to make a flat surface. Then cut a large oval opening in the top of the watermelon.
- Use a large metal spoon to scoop the flesh out of the watermelon, creating a punch bowl. Set the fruit chunks in a large bowl to collect the juices.
- Working in two batches, place half the watermelon flesh into the blender. Add half of the rum, juices and sugar. Puree until smooth. Pour the punch into the watermelon bowl and repeat with the remaining ingredients.
- Chill the punch until ready to serve. (Depending on the size of watermelon you may have extra in the blender pitcher for refilling the punch bowl.)
NOTES: Some seedless watermelons have less baby seeds than others. You can strain the punch if you like, but I prefer the frothy texture of the unstrained punch.
Yield: 16-20 servings, Serving Size: 20
- Amount Per Serving:
- Calories: 121 Calories
- Total Fat: 0.3g
- Saturated Fat: 0.2g
- Sodium: 6mg
- Carbohydrates: 27g
- Fiber: 1g
- Sugar: 22.7g
- Protein: 1.4g
Making this recipe? Why not take a quick shot and share it on Instagram! Make sure to tag it #ASpicyPerspective so we can see what you're cooking!