Creamy zesty Pimento Cheese Deviled Eggs, perfect for Super Bowl and spring gatherings!
I may have told you before, I have a love-hate relationship with eggs.
It’s one of those weird personal problems that I can’t quite explain. Sometimes even the aroma of eggs puts me on edge.
In fact, it’s common to hear someone in my house say, “Oh yeah, well you smell like eggs!” when they want to tease another member of the family. As if smelling like eggs is the worst possible disgrace.
However, deviled eggs are another story.
I do realize they are made from hard boiled eggs. Yet, in my mind (and to my tastebuds) something magical happens when you take those stinky yolks and blend them with creamy ingredients, herbs, and spices.
Then they become decadent and zesty. Something soft and comforting I want to sink my teeth into.
We love playing with filling options in deviled eggs. Today’s Pimento Cheese Deviled Eggs are absolutely one of my favorites.
I took the yolks and blended them with cream cheese, mayo, herbs, spices, shredded cheese, and pimentos to make a creamy Pimento Cheese filling.
The silky yolks provide a luxurious quality to the Pimento Cheese, making it even more sumptuous than normal.
I filled the egg whites with the Pimento Cheese filling and topped the deviled eggs with fresh dill and chives.
These Pimento Cheese Deviled Eggs are hard to resist. They offer the down-home qualities of both classic deviled eggs and pimento cheese in one perfect bite!
In fact, Pimento Cheese Deviled Eggs would make a fabulous snack to serve at your Super Bowl party this year along with chicken wings and roasted red pepper dip.
Or make them for spring parties that are just around the corner!
Pimento Cheese Deviled Eggs
Prep Time:20 minutes
Cook Time:12 minutes
Easy and addictive Pimento Cheese Deviled Eggs! Bold and zesty with a rich pimento cheese recipe for the filling.
- 12 hard boiled eggs
- 2 ounces cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 ounces shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 3 ounces shredded pepper jack cheese
- 2 1/2 tablespoons pimento peppers, drained and diced
- Fresh herbs for garnish
- Peel and rinse the hard boiled eggs. Then cut them in half and remove the yolks. Place the whites on a serving tray. Place the yolks in the food processor.
- Add the cream cheese, mayonnaise, mustard, paprika, and garlic powder to the food processor. Puree until completely smooth, then add the shredded cheeses and diced pimentos. Pulse to combine, but do not puree.
- Scoop (or pipe) the pimento cheese filling into the center of each egg white. Then top with fresh dill sprigs or chives as a garnish. Sprinkle with pepper if desired. Wrap well and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Yield: 24, Serving Size: 24
- Amount Per Serving:
- Calories: 77 Calories
- Total Fat: 5.8g
- Saturated Fat: 2.8g
- Cholesterol: 92mg
- Sodium: 95mg
- Carbohydrates: 1.6g
- Fiber: 0.2g
- Sugar: 0.9g
- Protein: 4.9g
Making this recipe? Why not take a quick shot and share it on Instagram! Make sure to tag it #ASpicyPerspective so we can see what you're cooking!