You’ve got to try our creamy 6-Ingredient Sour Cream and Onion Dip Deviled Egg Recipe this spring. We’re combining two comfort dishes into one, with a crunchy potato chip top!
Secretly, I’m a little obsessed with deviled eggs at the moment.
I find myself making them much more than normal, in all different varieties. I also find myself scanning the appetizer section on menus when we go out to dinner, looking for deviled eggs.
I keep telling myself it must be my body telling me it needs something from the eggs… protein, potassium, the bacon or potato chip top.
Well, whatever is causing these cravings, I’m glad I have them, because I’ve come up with some pretty spectacular deviled egg recipes over the last few months, if I do say so myself.
The latest and greatest is a creamy Sour Cream and Onion Dip Deviled Egg Recipe, which is perfect for spring.
Each egg white is filled with a rich homemade sour cream and onion dip, that is blended with the egg yolks, to give them an ultra silky luxurious center.
Topping the Sour Cream and Onion Dip Deviled Egg Recipe with chive and crumbled sour cream and onion potato chips, truly drives home the rich satisfying flavor.
In fact, these deviled eggs are doubly appealing because you get two comfort dishes in one!
COOKS NOTES: Our Sour Cream and Onion Dip Deviled Egg Recipe has soft and silky centers, but they are still firm enough to hold together. Make sure to drain the sour cream to remove any excess liquid so the centers aren’t runny.
More Deviled Eggs We Love
Sriracha Deviled Eggs – A Farmgirl’s Dabbles
Naturally Dyed Deviled Eggs – My Recipe on Kitchenthusiast
Sour Cream and Onion Dip Deviled Egg Recipe
Yield: 24 deviled eggs
Prep Time:15 minutes
Cook Time:8 minutes
Easy “Sour Cream and Onion Dip” Deviled Egg Recipe that packed a punch of flavor. Creamy homemade sour cream and onion dip mixed into deviled egg filling.
- 12 extra large hard boiled eggs
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 medium shallots
- 1/2 cup thick sour cream
- 1 small bunch chive, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup crumbled sour cream and onion potato chips (optional)
- Place a skillet over medium heat. Add the oil and shallots and saute for 5-8 minutes until soft and golden. Salt and pepper to taste, and turn the heat off.
- Meanwhile, peel the hard boiled eggs. Cut them in half and remove the yolks. Place the yolks in the food processor, and lay the empty whites on a plate or serving board.
- Drain (or strain) the sour cream so it is as thick as possible. Place it in the food processor along with the sautéed onions. Puree until totally smooth, then stir in 2 tablespoons of fresh chopped chive. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Scoop the sour cream and onion dip filling into a plastic zip bag. Snip off one corner and use the bag to pipe the filling into the centers of each egg white. Garnish with chopped chive or crumbled potato chips, or both. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Yield: 24 deviled eggs, Serving Size: 24
- Amount Per Serving:
- Calories: 111 Calories
- Total Fat: 7.1g
- Saturated Fat: 2.3g
- Cholesterol: 95mg
- Sodium: 175mg
- Carbohydrates: 7.7g
- Fiber: 0.5g
- Sugar: 1.6g
- Protein: 4.3g
Making this recipe? Why not take a quick shot and share it on Instagram! Make sure to tag it #ASpicyPerspective so we can see what you're cooking!