Perfect 5-Ingredient Southern Slow Cooker Pulled Pork, that tastes just as good as pit barbecue!
You know, it’s a crying shame we don’t all have giant smoke pits in our backyards. Due to lack of space, money, or desire, smoke pits just aren’t practical for everyone.
Yet who doesn’t love rich succulent southern pit-style pulled pork, with its smoky essence and savory-sweet bite?
Well believe it or not, you can make some pretty amazing pulled pork in your crock pot.
Our 5-Ingredient Southern Slow Cooker Pulled Pork takes less than 5 minutes to prep, and tastes very similar to southern barbecue-joint pork.
Five thoughtfully selected ingredients give this pulled pork recipe its southern appeal. All you need is:
- A large pork butt roast
- Apple cider vinegar
- Liquid smoke
- Brown sugar
- Cajun seasoning
The apple cider vinegar and brown sugar provide the pork roast with that distinct Carolina barbecue flavor. The liquid smoke emulates the flavor of classic pit-barbecue.
And the cajun seasoning bumps up the overall taste, bringing all the other flavors together.
After a day of slow cooking in your crock pot, mingling with the tangy-salty-sweet ingredients, the roast breaks down into shreds of porky ecstasy.
5-Ingredient Southern Slow Cooker Pulled Pork is so soft and mouthwatering, you won’t believe it came out of your crock pot!
Enjoy it as a main course with southern sides, or pile in on rolls for sandwiches. I even like to use it on nachos, in tacos, and in soups!
5-Ingredient Southern Slow Cooker Pulled Pork is a great make-ahead.
It’s fabulous for parties and for planning freezer meals as well!
5-Ingredient Southern Slow Cooker Pulled Pork
Yield: 12-20 servings
Prep Time:5 minutes
Cook Time:8 hours
5-Ingredient Southern Slow Cooker Pulled Pork Recipe – An easy crock pot pulled pork recipe that tastes like smoky southern pit barbecue!
- 5 pound pork butt roast
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons cajun seasoning
- 1 tablespoon liquid smoke
- Place the pork roast in a large oval 8 quart slow cooker. Pour the vinegar, liquid smoke, and 1/4 cup water in the bottom of the crock.
- Mix the brown sugar and cajun seasoning together. Rub it all over the pork roast, then pour the leftovers in the bottom of the crock.
- Cover the slow cooker. Cook on high for 7-8 hours, or on low for 12+ hours. Once the meat is fork-tender and falling apart, use two forks to shred the pork roast right in the juices. Mix well to coat.
NOTE: Serve with southern sides, or on sandwiches, nachos, and tacos!
Yield: 12-20 servings, Serving Size: 20
- Amount Per Serving:
- Calories: 549 Calories
- Total Fat: 22.4g
- Saturated Fat: 7.5g
- Cholesterol: 153mg
- Sodium: 2939mg
- Carbohydrates: 1.8g
- Sugar: 1.8g
- Protein: 79.5g
Making this recipe? Why not take a quick shot and share it on Instagram! Make sure to tag it #ASpicyPerspective so we can see what you're cooking!