Grilled Pork Chops Recipe with Pineapple Salsa: What are you planning to grill up Memorial Day Weekend? Try this deliciously easy Grilled Pork Chops Recipe with fresh Pineapple Salsa.
We’ve got big plans Memorial Day Weekend involving friends, water sports and a LOT of food. Yet as much as I love to cook, I do not want to spend the entire weekend in the kitchen. That’s why it’s important to plan ahead, selecting a menu for the weekend that is easy to prepare, yet full of flavor.
When I meal-plan for a big weekend, I like to:
- Bake ahead. Making cookies and treats to serve over several days allows for more fun time.
- Serve lots of fresh cut fruit. Easy, healthy, and a sure crowd-pleaser.
- Prepare double portions of dishes that make great leftovers. That way, tonight’s pasta salad can be served with sandwiches in a couple days.
- Make use of the grill. Grilling your meals, means quick smoky flavor and very little clean up.
- Serve favorite easy side dishes like Bush’s Grillin’ Beans.
Doing these few things makes the weekend much more relaxing for me. And if mommy’s relaxed, everyone’s relaxed!
This easy Grilled Pork Chops Recipe with Pineapple Salsa is a marvelous dish to serve Memorial Day weekend because it’s quick to make and loaded with flavor.
The pork chops soak in a sweet, smoky and spicy marinade that offers a real kick. Then the fresh pineapple salsa with kiwi, red bell pepper and cilantro adds a cool and spicy element, and a pop of color. You can get kids to eat anything when you put a fresh fruit salsa over the top.
Add Bush’s newest Grillin’ Beans flavor, Sweet Mesquite, to complement the smoky pork chops and you have a meal that makes everyone happy.
Grilled Pork Chops Recipe with Pineapple Salsa
Yield: 4 servings
Prep Time:30 minutes
Cook Time:8 minutes
- 4 boneless pork chops, 3/4 - 1 inch thick (1-1.5 lbs)
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons mesquite liquid smoke
- 1 tablespoon sriracha hot sauce
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 cup fresh diced pineapple
- 1 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1 cup diced kiwi (about 4)
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon sriracha hot sauce
- Salt and Pepper
- Pour the soy sauce, liquid smoke, hot sauce and honey in a large zip bag. Shake to mix, then add the pork chops. Marinate for at least thirty minutes.
- Preheat the grill to high heat.
- For the pineapple salsa, mix all ingredients in a medium bowl and toss. Salt and pepper to taste. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Once the grill is hot, grill the pork chops for 3-4 minutes per side. You want the pork chops to be slightly pink or just barely cook through, but not dry.
- Cover the chops with foil and allow them to rest at least 5 minutes before serving.
- Serve warm with fresh salsa piled over the top.
Making this recipe? Why not take a quick shot and share it on Instagram! Make sure to tag it #ASpicyPerspective so we can see what you're cooking!
Disclosure: This post is sponsored by Bush’s Beans. All opinions are my own. These are awesome beans, folks!
Pina Colada Cupcakes with Kiwi Frosting Next Post
Grilled Romaine Salad with Buttermilk Dressing