Killer Bee Cocktails
Famous Killer Bee Cocktails inspired by Sunshine’s Bar & Grill in Nevis!
Twelve years ago Lt. Dan and I went on our first trip to the Caribbean, to Saint Kitts and Nevis. We relaxed on the beach, ate amazing Caribbean lobster, and danced under the stars.
Yet one of the most memorable moments of our trip was taking a catamaran to Nevis, where we discovered a little beach hunt called Sunshine’s Bar & Grill. Sunshine’s is known for it’s Killer Bee Cocktails, made with rum, passion fruit juice, nutmeg, and black pepper.
Dan and I sat with our toes deep in the sand, sipping this dangerously spicy-sweet concoction as we watched the sunset over the islands. It was a perfect vacation day. When I think on that moment, I still hear a slow reggae melody in the background of my memory.
Needless to say, I had to recreate Killed Bee Cocktails when we came home. There’s nothing that gets you in the relaxed spirit of summer like a fruity tiki drink!
When I make beverages at home I often substitute zero-calorie stevia for sugar. It’s a little swap that makes a big difference over time, effortlessly reducing your daily calorie intake.
I personally love using Wholesome® Organic Stevia because it:
- Dissolved easily without warming
- Has no bitter aftertaste (like some brands)
- Causes no glycemic impact or sugar spikes
- Is organic, non-gmo, vegan, and kosher
- Is a clean replacement for traditional sweeteners packet full of harsh chemicals
Although my first copycat recipe for Killer Bee Cocktails was made with simple sugar syrup, today’s version is made with Wholesome® Organic Stevia. It tastes exactly the same, without the additional calories.
The ingredients in Killer Bee Cocktails already have some sweetness… Natural sugars in pure fruit juices, along with the sugar in the rum.
However making this small adjustment, creates a skinny version of this cocktail by reducing unnecessary sugar.
Best of all, you don’t have to turn on your stove. Unlike sugar, Wholesome® Organic Stevia dissolves into liquid without heat. Just stir and watch it disappear!
Want to give Wholesome® Organic Stevia a try? Visit WholesomeSweet.com for a $1 Off coupon!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Wholesome® Organic Stevia. The opinions and text are all mine.
Killer Bee Cocktails
- Pour the rum, passionfruit, orange, and lime juices in a pitcher.
- Add Wholesome® Organic Stevia, nutmeg and black pepper. Stir until the stevia dissolves into the cocktail.
- To serve: Fill glasses with ice and pour the cocktail over the ice. Leave room at the top for club soda. Top each glass with 2-3 tablespoons are club soda. Stir and add a fruity garnish!
Making this recipe? Follow us on Instagram and tag @ASpicyPerspective so we can share what you’re cooking!