Irresistible Dill Dip
This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
The Best Dill Dip Recipe – This bright, creamy and tangy sour cream dip is delicious to enjoy as a snack or party appetizer with your favorite dippers!
Why We Love This Easy Dip Recipe
This simple sour cream and herb dip is the talk of the table every time I make it. It’s fabulous year-round, but I love to serve it during the holidays with vegetable crudites, baguette slices, or potato chips for a quick appetizer with fresh zesty flavor.
My creamy Dill Dip recipe is a snap to whip up in 10 minutes, and uses only a handful of simple ingredients. And even though it’s quick and easy, the dip is great to make ahead!
- Sour cream – or greek yogurt
- Mayonnaise – regular or low fat
- Fresh dill weed – rinsed and patted dry (in a pinch you can use dried dill weed)
- Lemon – zest and juice
- Spices – garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper
How to Make the Best Sour Cream Dill Dip
Check out how easy this 3 step dill dip recipe is to make!
- Set out a medium mixing bowl. Chop the fresh dill.
- Zest one lemon making sure to only gather the yellow zest, not the white rind below. You should have 1 ½ – 2 teaspoons of lemon zest from one fresh lemon.
Get the Complete (Printable) Sour Cream Dill Dip Recipe + VIDEO Below. Enjoy!
- Combine the sour cream, mayonnaise, fresh chopped dill, lemon zest, garlic powder, onion powder, 1/2 teaspoon of salt, and a 1/4 teaspoon of cracked black pepper. Mix well to combine. Taste, then salt and pepper as needed.
Then cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Spoon the dip into a bowl and serve with potato chips, baguette slices, crackers, and/or veggies. We love classics like carrot sticks or baby carrots, cherry or grape tomatoes, celery sticks, and cucumber slices! Or go all out with a “fancy” vegetable crudites spread and serve with asparagus spears, zucchini slices, bell peppers, or other seasonal veg you like.
Sour cream dill dip is also delicious to smear on sandwiches and wraps! You can even use it on baked potatoes, or use it as a sub for plain sour cream on nearly any dish.
Frequently Asked Questions
What other fresh herbs can you use?
This dill dip recipe is great as the base for any herby sour cream dip! Feel free to use other fresh chopped herbs you like… Cilantro, chives, basil, and tarragon are all great options.
How do you spice up sour cream?
Add a dash of your favorite spices, depending on which herbs you use. Jazz up classic dill dip with lemon pepper seasoning, or add cayenne to creamy cilantro dip.
How long does homemade dill dip last?
Keep it in a sealed container and store it in the fridge for up to 1 week.
Can you freeze sour cream dip?
No, you definitely should not try to freeze. Sour cream does not do well when frozen and then thawed.
Looking for More Easy Dips and Spreads Recipes? Be Sure to Also Try:
- Crockpot Spinach Artichoke Dip
- Smoked Cheese Dip with Sour Cream
- The Best Queso Recipe
- Caramelized Onion Dip
- Retro Cream Cheese Fruit Dip
Irresistible Dill Dip Recipe + VIDEO
- 16 ounces sour cream
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 3-4 tablespoons fresh chopped dill
- 1-2 teaspoons lemon zest about 1 lemon
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- Salt and pepper
- Set out a medium mixing bowl. Zest one lemon making sure to only gather the yellow zest, not the white rind below. You should have 1 ½ – 2 teaspoons of lemon zest from one fresh lemon.
- Combine the sour cream, mayonnaise, fresh chopped dill, lemon zest, garlic powder, onion powder, 1/2 teaspoon of salt and a 1/4 teaspoon of cracked black pepper. Mix well to combine. Taste, then salt and pepper as needed.
- Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Making this recipe? Follow us on Instagram and tag @ASpicyPerspective so we can share what you’re cooking!
This dish is not easy to make but I will try it to see if it tastes good.
This dip is so satisfying! It is a hit. This dill dip’s flavor perfectly fits our favorite snack. Must-try!
This is the best dip for veggies! So tangy and delicious, thank you for sharing!
I used just the one teaspoon of zest and thought it was perfect. It’s yummy with chips as well as veggies!