Crockpot Buffalo Chicken Dip
Crockpot Buffalo Chicken Dip
A cheesy, rich hot dip is the perfect snack for large parties or casual get-togethers. And there’s nothing more classic than sharing a large bowl of spicy savory Frank’s RedHot Buffalo Chicken Dip during the big game!
We love traditional buffalo chicken dip SO much that we just had to make our own slow cooker version. This Crockpot Chicken Dip has all of the bold buffalo flavors you crave, but is ridiculously easy to make with the help of your slow cooker.
Not only is creamy Buffalo Chicken Dip delicious, it also happens to be low carb and keto when served with fresh veggies!
Keto Chicken Dip
Along with adapting this Buffalo Chicken Dip recipe to be made in the slow cooker, we’ve made a few simple tweaks to the ingredients list typically included in this recipe for an even creamier and richer dip…
Instead of using bottled ranch dressing, we added sour cream and a ranch dip packet. The result is a thicker, tangier, and all-around tastier Frank’s RedHot Buffalo Chicken Dip that’s still just as easy to prepare in the crockpot.
Ingredients You Need
This low-carb and keto-friendly recipe requires only 8 simple ingredients.
To make the BEST Crockpot Buffalo Chicken Dip you need:
- Cream Cheese – for the creamiest, tangiest dip
- Chopped Cooked Chicken – either previously prepared or from a rotisserie chicken
- Cheddar Cheese – shredded
- Sour Cream – or feel free to use Greek yogurt, if you like
- Frank’s RedHot – or any preferred cayenne pepper sauce
- Fresh Scallions – chopped
- Crumbled Blue Cheese – because every buffalo chicken recipe has to have blue cheese!
- Ranch Dip Mix Packet – an easy fix for adding lots of spices and flavor
For dipping in all of this ooey-gooey goodness, we recommend serving with chips or crackers, or with fresh cut veggies to keep it a completely keto Buffalo Chicken Dip and low carb snack.
How to Make Frank’s RedHot Buffalo Chicken Dip in the Crockpot
From start to finish this ridiculously easy slow cooker Buffalo Chicken Dip recipe requires just over 2 hours. It’s terrific to prepare in the morning or early afternoon before guests come over to watch the big game!
To make creamy, spicy, wonderfully addictive chicken dip start by setting out a large 6-quart slow cooker with a lid. Then add in the cream cheese, chopped chicken, half of the shredded cheddar, sour cream, Frank’s RedHot, half of the chopped scallions, crumbled blue cheese, and ranch dip packet.
Save the remaining cheddar and scallions for later when you’re ready to serve.
Mix everything together well, and then spread the dip out evenly in the slow cooker with a large spoon or spatula.
If things get a bit messy just be sure to wipe the sides of the crockpot with a wet paper towel. Then cover and set on LOW for 2-4 hours.
When ready to enjoy, sprinkle the top with the remaining cheddar cheese and scallions. You can either keep the dip in the crockpot or transfer it to another dish before setting out for guests to serve themselves.
Get the Complete (Printable) Crockpot Buffalo Chicken Dip Recipe Below. Enjoy!
Frequently Asked Questions
What to Serve with Frank’s RedHot Chicken Dip?
Serve the slow cooker Buffalo Chicken Dip warm with chips, crackers, or fresh cut veggies! It’s delicious with tortilla chips or plain potato chips, buttery Ritz crackers, bell pepper, carrot slices, or sticks of celery.
Can This Cheesy Recipe Be Baked in the Oven?
Yes, you can certainly make this an oven-baked Buffalo Chicken Dip recipe! Place the dip in a 9X13 inch baking dish and bake in a 350 degree oven for 20 minutes. The cheese on top should be melted and bubbly.
How Long Do Leftovers Keep Well?
Transfer this cooled-down recipe to an airtight container, and keep it in the fridge for up to 5 days.
To reheat you can either microwave in short bursts, stirring between 20-30 second intervals. Or, transfer to an oven-safe dish and bake in an oven preheated at 350 for 10-15 minutes until bubbling hot.
Because of the cheese, I do not recommend that you freeze.
Looking for More Delicious Low Carb and Keto Snack Recipes?
- Roasted Buffalo Cauliflower Wings with Bacon Recipe
- Sheet Pan Keto Chicken Nachos Recipe
- Smoked Salmon Dip Recipe
- Keto Egg Roll Wrap Recipe
- Low Carb Burger Bites Recipe
- Keto Cereal Bars Recipe (Low Carb Snack)
- Cream Cheese Fat Bombs Recipe (No-Bake Keto Cheesecake Bites)
- Smoked Cheese Dip (Spread) with Sour Cream Recipe
- Easiest Brazilian Cheese Bread Recipe (Pao de Queijo)
- Keto Almond Flour Crackers Recipe
Crockpot Buffalo Chicken Dip Recipe
- Set out a large 6 quart slow cooker. Add in the cream cheese, chopped chicken, 1 cup cheddar, sour cream, Frank’s RedHot, ½ cup scallions, crumbled blue cheese, and ranch dip packet. (Reserve the remaining cheddar and scallions for later.)
- Mix well, then spread the dip out evenly in the crock. If needed, wipe the sides of the crockpot with a wet paper towel. Cover and set on LOW for 2-4 hours.
- When ready to serve, sprinkle the top with the remaining cheddar cheese and scallions. Serve warm with chips, crackers, or fresh cut veggies!
Making this recipe? Follow us on Instagram and tag @ASpicyPerspective so we can share what you’re cooking!