Low Carb Cauliflower Crackers
This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
These crunchy Low Carb Cauliflower Crackers are amazingly gluten free, grain free, paleo and vegan to fit into any diet. So tasty, you won’t even miss the grains!
Low Carb Crackers
Jump in on the cauliflower craze with wholesome Low Carb Cauliflower Crackers!
Are you looking for a healthy alternative to highly processed snacks filled with carbs, grains, fats, sugars, and preservatives, or do you just like trying new recipes?
Either way, these Low Carb Cauliflower Crackers are a toasty, nutty, vegetable-based cracker that is, in fact:
- grain free
- dairy free
- paleo friendly
There are probably a few other “frees” in there that I forgot to mention as well.
Low Carb “Chips”
Low Carb Cauliflower Crackers are a crispy, crunchy, surprising treat. They are a taste and texture all their own.
Don’t be mistaken, these little crackers are no sub-par substitute for those commercially manufactured, highly addictive tidbits. They are their own entity that couldn’t possibly masquerade as anything else.
Do Low Carb Cauliflower Crackers Taste like Cauliflower?
Yes, Low Carb Cauliflower Crackers unapologetically taste like cauliflower, and the seeds, spices, and other ingredients that they are actually made from.
Trust me, they are delicious.
How To Make Low Carb Cauliflower Crackers
I must tell you right now that this recipe is not for the faint of heart.
After all, it takes a bit of manipulation to transform a vegetable that is 92 percent water into distinctively delectable crackling morsels that in no way resemble their original constituents.
Don’t let that deter you, if I can do it so can you! A little steaming, a little chopping, a bit of squeezing, mixing and toasting, that doesn’t sound too hard now, does it? It is nothing you can’t handle.
There is no microwaving in this recipe. I have seen many versions of cauliflower crackers that tell you to microwave the cauliflower. Why?
I wanted to create a healthy nourishing and digestible cracker, therefore no microwaving.
Cauliflower Cracker Ingredients
Coconut flour, flax, and chia seeds offer nutrients, flavor, and are the binding force to the mix. Baking alone will not produce the desired crunch.
We must also make sure the crackers are dried to perfection. Allowing them to rest in a warm oven for a while will do just that.
How Many Carbs Are In Cauliflower?
In one head of Cauliflower, there are 29 grams of carbs. low carb recipe!
Our Low Carb Cauliflower Crackers will disappear quickly so you may want to double or triple the batch while you’re at it!
See The Recipe Card Below For How To Make Low Carb Cauliflower Crackers. Enjoy!
Other low carb recipes you might like:
- Low Carb Keto Tortilla Recipe
- Low Carb Creamy Chicken Mushroom Soup
- Magic Mug Low Carb Bread Recipe
- Low Carb Cloud Bread Pancakes (Ketogenic)
- Easy Keto Salmon Cakes by Hey Keto Mama
Low Carb Cauliflower Crackers
- Wash, clean, and cut the cauliflower into chunks, Place in a steamer basket in a large pot with 1-2 inches of water. Cover with a lid, bring the ,water to a boil and steam for 3-5 minutes.
- Cool the cauliflower, then chop in a food processor to small even pieces. Place the cauliflower in a cheese cloth or flour sack towel and squeeze out most of the liquid.
- Heat the oven to 400 degrees F. Place all ingredients in a bowl and mix well. Let it sit for 10 minutes. Roll out the mixture between 2 sheets of parchment paper, to 1/8 – 1/4inch thick, forming it into a large rectangle.
- Remove the top sheet of parchment. Bake for 15-20 minutes until lightly browned, cover with another baking sheet and flip the pan over. Bake for 15-20 minutes. Turn off the oven.
- Cut into crackers with a knife or pizza cutter. Place the crackers back in the oven, and allow them to slowly cool and dry until the oven is just barely warm and the chips are crisp, 1-2 hours.
Making this recipe? Follow us on Instagram and tag @ASpicyPerspective so we can share what you’re cooking!