Fluffy Low Carb Cloud Bread Pancakes – An easy breakfast that fits most low carb diets.
Saturday mornings were made for pancakes! No matter what diet plan you follow, everyone deserves pancakes on the weekend, in my opinion.
Over the years, we’ve experimented with various healthy lifestyles and diets. Therefore fat free pancakes, gluten free pancakes, vegan pancakes, paleo pancakes, and good ol’ full-fat splurge pancakes have graced our table.
If I’m being honest, the naughty pancake varieties are my favorite. Yet today’s Low Carb Cloud Bread Pancakes are light and delicious, and fit neatly into a Ketogenic Diet.
In both taste and texture, they are capable of satisfying a serious pancake craving, when you are trying to eat foods that are low in carbohydrates.
If you’ve made low carb Cloud Bread, for sandwiches, this recipe will be right up your alley!
It’s a simple blend of eggs, low fat cream cheese, cream of tartar, and some seasoning. Some people make cloud bread with cottage cheese, but I find cream cheese provides the best texture.
To Make Low Carb Cloud Bread Pancakes
Whip egg whites with cream of tartar. The cream of tartar creates stability in the whipped whites so they stay firm.
Separately, beat cream cheese and egg yolks together. Then add a little cinnamon, salt, and stevia. Fold the whites into the cream cheese mixture.
Finally, cook the batter in a skillet, just like regular pancakes!
Low Carb Cloud Bread Pancakes are not only light and lean, the little bit of stevia gives them a touch of sweetness, so no need to add syrup!
Check out all our sweet, savory, and healthy pancake recipes.
Low Carb Cloud Bread Pancakes
Yield: 12 pancakes, 4 servings
Prep Time:10 minutes
Cook Time:10 minutes
Low Carb Cloud Bread Pancakes (Ketogenic) – This healthy pancake recipe is low in carbohydrates, fat, and calories! An easy fit for most low carb diets.
- 4 large eggs, separated
- 3/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 2 ounces low fat cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon stevia (equivalent to 2 tablespoons sugar)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Separate the egg whites and egg yolks. Place the whites in a stand mixer with a whip attachment. Add the cream of tartar and beat on high until the froth turns into firm meringue peaks. Move to a separate bowl. (Whites will not whip if there is any yolk mixed in. Be careful when separating.)
- Place the cream cheese in the empty stand mixing bowl. Beat on high to soften. Then add the egg yolks one at a time to incorporate. Scrape the bowl and beat until the mixture is completely smooth. Beat in the cinnamon, stevia, and salt.
- Gently fold the firm meringue into the yolk mixture. Try to deflate the meringue as little as possible, so the mixture is still firm and foamy.
- Preheat a large non-stick skillet. Spray the skillet with nonstick oil spray. Spoon 1/4 cup portions of the foam into the hot skillet and spread into even 3-4 inch circles, 3/4 inch high. Cook for 2-3 minutes per side. Do not press the pancakes down with a spatula.
- Continue with the remaining pancake batter. Serve warm!
NOTE: All varieties of stevia vary in potency. Read the package label and use the amount that equals 2 tablespoons of granulated sugar.
Yield: 12 pancakes, 4 servings, Serving Size: 3 pancakes
- Amount Per Serving:
- Calories: 87 Calories
- Total Fat: 5.1g
- Saturated Fat: 1.8g
- Cholesterol: 186mg
- Sodium: 300mg
- Carbohydrates: 2.7g
- Fiber: 0.9g
- Sugar: 0.6g
- Protein: 8.4g
Making this recipe? Why not take a quick shot and share it on Instagram! Make sure to tag it #ASpicyPerspective so we can see what you're cooking!
Skillet Taco Calzone Pie Next Post
Three Easy Holiday Recipes – Crunchy Jalapeno Bacon Stuffed Mushrooms