Best Avocado Toast with Egg
The Best Avocado Toast with Egg Recipe
Chances are good, that if you’ve been on social media in the last couple of years, you’ve heard about (or tasted) Avocado Toast.
This wonderfully #basic dish is made by lightly toasting slices of bread and loading with sliced, or mashed, avocado. But why stop there??
There are so many ways to make this recipe. We love to add an egg and zesty toppings to make what’s typically a simple meal seem special. In this post we share two unique topping suggestions to prepare avocado toast at home for a fresh and filling breakfast, brunch, lunch, or afternoon snack.
These easy recipes are not only delicious, Avocado Toast with Egg is a great way to start your day with a balanced hearty meal. Give them a try the next time you need a tasty morning boost!
Ingredients You Need
For standard avocado toast with egg you only need 3 basic ingredients:
- Bread – the best bread for avocado toast is a variety that is sliced thick, such as country bread, sourdough, or potato bread
- Avocado – fresh and ripe
- Eggs – your choice of hard-boiled, scrambled, or fried
Additional Suggested Toppings
Top your Avocado Toast with Egg however you like! Here are ingredients you need to prepare our two favorite varieties:
- Fresh and healthy: Micro greens, lemon juice, and cayenne pepper
- Tex-Mex spicy: Diced tomatoes, Cholula hot sauce, and crumbled queso fresco
How to Make Avocado Toast with Egg
This light yet filling breakfast, brunch, or protein-rich snack is ready is only 15 minutes.
First, slice the bread and toast according to your preferences: You can use a toaster, toaster oven, or standard oven set at 400 degrees F.
Meanwhile, cook your eggs however you life: hard-boiled, scrambled, poached, fried, or sunny-side-up.
Next, cut the avocado in half and remove the pit. Then cut each half in half, to create 4 equal sections. Use a fork to smash each avocado section, and then smear the smashed avocado flesh over each piece of toast.
Top each piece of toast with a cooked egg.
Get the Complete (Printable) Recipe Below. Enjoy!
Then add your preferred toppings. Enjoy the toast right away.
Frequently Asked Questions
Feel free to add just about any other toppings you like! Some other goodies we like are shredded or grated cheeses, crumbled blue cheese, chopped onion, crumbled cooked bacon, Greek yogurt, radishes, Everything Bagel Seasoning – even Canadian bacon and pineapple. Play around with other fresh herbs, too, like chopped cilantro, dill, or scallions.
Sure! You can top your toast with homemade guacamole or your favorite store bought brand.
This recipe is easy to make vegan-friendly simply by using your preferred eggless “scrambled egg” mix.
Nope. Avocado starts to brown as it sits out, so it’s best to eat soon after preparing this recipe.
Looking for More Easy and Delicious Breakfast Recipes?
- Tex-Mex Breakfast Muffins
- Cream Chipped Beef on Toast
- How to Make French Toast
- Mexican Breakfast Casserole
- Ultimate Breakfast BLT
The Best Avocado Toast with Egg
For the Avocado Toast with Egg –
- 4 thick slices bread country bread, sourdough, potato bread
- 1 ripe avocado
- 4 large eggs hard-boiled, scrambled, or fried
Avocado Toast Toppings Option 2 –
- Diced tomato
- Cholula hot sauce
- Queso fresco crumbled
- Slice the bread and toast according to your preferences, using a toaster, toaster oven, or standard oven set at 400 degrees F.
- Cook you eggs according to preference: hard-boiled, scrambled, poached, fried, or sunny-side-up.
- Cut the avocado in half. Remove the pit. Then cut each half in half, to create 4 equal sections. Use a fork to smash each avocado section, then smear the smashed avocado over each piece of toast.
- Top each piece of toast with a cooked egg. Then add your preferred toppings. Serve immediately.
- Bacon and blue cheese
- Radishes and Everything Bagel seasoning
- Canadian bacon and pineapple
Making this recipe? Follow us on Instagram and tag @ASpicyPerspective so we can share what you’re cooking!