Keto Cereal Bars (Low Carb Snack)
Keto Cereal Snack Bars – An easy recipe for crunchy, perfectly sweet snack bars. Loaded with chocolate chips, coconut, and cinnamon cereal you won’t believe these decadent treats are actually low carb!
While we do not typically stick to a strict keto diet, our family often likes to keep a balance between indulgent and healthy dishes. If we have bagels for breakfast one day, I try to have fruit and eggs the next day… That sort of thing.
But let’s be very clear: There is nothing better than a snack that is both indulgent and healthy. When I want to cut back on the carbs and enjoy nutritious fats, keto-friendly recipes are on the top of the list. And these crunchy, sweet and nutty keto cereal snack bars are definitely my new number one!
The Best Low Carb Keto Cereal Snack Bars
Here I’ve got a simple and easy low carb cereal bar recipe that you are going to want to make all the time. Whatever your dietary preferences may be, these sweet and crunchy treats can be made to suit your needs!
We used low-carb keto cereal (found at Whole Foods and most large grocery stores), almonds, unsweetened coconut, keto chocolate chips, eggs, and monk fruit sweetener. All the goodies are combined in one bowl, then gently pressed into a pan and quickly baked to light and crispy perfection.
Although my first reaction to keto cereal was skepticism, these low-carb snack bars are basically effortless to make, delicious, and will certainly satisfy a sugar craving.
Ingredients You Need
- Keto-friendly cereal – I used Cinnamon Toast from Catalina Crunch
- Almonds – sliced
- Unsweetened coconut – shredded
- Keto-friendly chocolate chips – I used Lakanto chips
- Eggs – or your preferred vegan substitute
- Monk fruit sweetener – or stevia, but this will change the flavor a bit
- Salt – just a pinch
How to Make Sweet Keto Snack Bars
First, preheat the oven to 350°F. Set out a large mixing bowl, a small bowl (or measuring pitcher), and an 8 x 8 inch baking dish. Line the baking dish with parchment paper and set it aside.
In the mixing bowl, combine the keto cereal, sliced almonds, unsweetened coconut, and chocolate chips.
Crack the eggs into the small bowl or measuring pitcher. Whisk in the monk fruit sweetener and salt.
Then pour the egg mixture over the cereal mixture.
Mix until the cereal is very well coated in egg.
Get the Complete (Printable) Low Carb Keto Cereal Snack Bars Recipe + VIDEO Below. Enjoy!
Pour the cereal mixture into the prepared baking dish. Gently but firmly press into an even layer.
Bake for 20 minutes, until the top is golden and the sides are set.
Allow the bars to cool for at least 10 minutes in the pan.
Carefully lift out of the pan by the edges of the parchment paper and transfer to a cutting board.
Once cool cut the keto cereal bars into 12 equal pieces.
- I use keto-friendly cinnamon cereal in this recipe. However, feel free to make the bars with whatever cereal you like! There are several great low carb options, like chocolate and maple flavors.
- For nut free bars you can skip the almonds. Add more cereal and/or coconut to make up the difference.
- Swap the chocolate chips or split 50/50 with your favorite keto peanut butter chips.
- Monk fruit is a popular keto sweetener, but you can make these with other low carb sweeteners you prefer.
These healthier chocolate cereal treats are great to make ahead and have ready for snacking!
Store at room temperature for up to 5 days, or in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.
Looking For More Delicious Low Carb Snacks? Be Sure to Also Try These Recipes:
- Cream Cheese Fat Bombs (No-Bake Keto Cheesecake Bites)
- Keto Almond Flour Crackers
- Paleo Bars with Nuts and Chocolate Drizzle
- Homemade Healthy Trail Mix
- Magic 4-Ingredient Chocolate Chip Cookies
Low Carb Keto Cereal Snack Bars Recipe + VIDEO
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Set out a large mixing bowl, a small bowl (or measuring pitcher), and an 8 x 8 inch baking dish. Line the baking dish with parchment paper and set aside.
- In the mixing bowl, combine the keto cereal, sliced almonds, unsweetened coconut, and chocolate chips. Mix well.
- Crack the eggs into the small bowl. Add in the monk fruit sweetener and salt. Whisk well. Then pour the egg mixture over the cereal mixture and mix until the cereal is very well coated in egg.
- Pour the cereal mixture into the prepared baking dish. Press into an even layer. Bake for 20 minutes, until the top is golden and the sides are set.
- Allow the bars to cool for at least 10 minutes. Then lift out of the pan by the edges of the parchment paper and cut into 12 equal pieces.