Air Fryer Everything Bagel Chicken Roll-Ups – A cozy low carb air fryer chicken recipe (with oven instructions as well!)
Gina’s 3rd New York Times #1 Best-Selling Cookbook in packed with 140 no-fuss dinners made with your: Slow Cooker, Instant Pot, Air Fryer, Sheet Pan, Skillet or Dutch Oven for easy cooking and clean up!
Last month Gina invited a group of buddies to Ithaca, New York, to celebrate the release of her cookbook.
(Maybe you saw our glamping trip on Instagram?)
Many of us had never been to the Finger Lakes region of New York. We were surprised by the natural beauty and vast array of things to do in Ithaca.
We stayed at Firelight Camps, a unique destination combing traditional camping with elements of luxury.
Our Three Days In Ithaca Included:
- Hiking the Buttermilk Falls Trail
- Visiting gorges and waterfalls with Experience The Finger Lakes Tours
- Sipping artisanal sparkling ciders at Finger Lakes Cider House
- Cheese-tasting at Lively Run Dairy
- Wine-tasting at Sheldrake Point Winery (Where I found the first Chardonnay I’ve ever liked!)
- Touring Ithaca’s tasty hot-spots with Ithaca Is Foodies
- Foraging through the forest with Wild Foraging Hikes
- Sitting around the fire, roasting marshmallows, and giggling at Firelight Camps
- Experiencing an entire menu of fresh healthy comfort food from SkinnyTaste One & Done Cookbook
Me & Gina
If you’ve never visited Ithaca, New York I suggest you add it to your bucket list.
Check out Visit Ithaca to see what else the Finger Lakes area has to offer!
But I digress… Of all the tantalizing health-minded recipes in Gina’s new cookbook, I was most excited to try her “Everything (But The) Bagel Chicken Roll-Ups” coated in crunchy golden everything bagel seasoning.
I loved the idea of using this seasoning to both flavor the chicken, and create a crunchy low-carb crust. Gina is brilliant!
This simple Air Fryer Everything Bagel Chicken Roll-Ups recipe is an absolute winner. It’s bold, comforting, light on the hips, yet easy to make. In fact, every recipe I’ve tried from SkinnyTaste One & Done has been a huge hit in our household.
If you are looking for holiday gift ideas this season, Gina’s new cookbook would make any cook smile!
Air Fryer Everything Bagel Chicken Roll-Ups Recipe Tips
- Look for really skinny chicken cutlets. They should be about 4 ounces each. If you can’t find them precut, buy a 2 pound 4-pack of chicken breasts and carefully cut each breast into 2 cutlets.
- “Everything Bagel” seasoning in popping up in grocery stores all over the country. If you can’t find it, Gina includes instructions on mixing it yourself. (listed below)
- It’s best to prep and set out all the ingredients before starting. That way, you can make a little assembly line for filling and coating the chicken.
- Don’t be tempted to add more cheese than listed in the recipe. These proportions not only keep the recipe light, they keep the filling from running out on the sides.
- I made this recipe in both the air fryer and in the oven. Both methods work well! The air fryer does create a crispier golden exterior. However, in the oven you can cook the chicken all at once.
More Tantalizing Stuffed Chicken Recipes
Get The Full Air Fryer Everything Bagel Chicken Roll-Ups Recipe Below
Air Fryer Everything Bagel Chicken Roll-Ups
Air Fryer Everything Bagel Chicken Roll-Ups - A cozy low carb air fryer chicken recipe (with oven instructions as well!) From the SkinnyTaste One & Done Cookbook
- 1/4 cup "everything" bagel seasoning
- 1/2 cup sesame seeds
- 2 large egg whites
- 1/2 cup whipped cream cheese (3 ounces)
- 1/2 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese (2 ounces)
- 1/4 cup chopped scallions
- 8 thin-sliced chicken breast cutlets (4 ounces each)
- 1/2 cup chopped baby spinach
- Olive oil spray
In a shallow bowl, combine the bagel seasoning and sesame seeds. Place the egg whites in another bowl.
Preheat an air fryer to 375 degrees F.
In a small bowl, combine the cream cheese, cheddar, and scallions.
Place the chicken cutlets on a cutting board. Spread 1 1/2 tablespoons of the cheese mixture on each cutlet, then put 1 tablespoon spinach leaves in the center of each. Roll up the chicken and place seam side down.
Dredge each roll-up in the egg whites, then in the seasoning mixture, shaking off any excess as you go.
Transfer in batches to the air fryer basket and spray the tops with oil. Cook for 15 minutes, turning halfway, until golden and crisp on the outside and cooked through in the center.
Transfer the roll-ups to a plate and serve.
Don't Have An Air Fryer? Make this dish in the oven! Bake the rolls-ups at 425 degrees F, for 25 minutes.
Can't Find Everything Bagel Seasoning? Combine 2 tablespoons dried minced onion, 2 tablespoons dried minced garlic, 2 tablespoons poppy seeds, 1 tablespoon white sesame seeds, 1 tablespoon black sesame seeds, and 1 tablespoon coarse salt.