Delicious, Low Carb, Low Fat, Gluten Free, Grain Free… The Best Cloud Bread Recipe is a must-make this diet season!
If you’ve been watching your carb intake, chances are you’ve heard of Cloud Bread. Maybe even tried it!
Cloud Bread is all the rage right now. It’s a soft airy bread made with only eggs, a little cream cheese (some people use cottage cheese) and cream of tartar.
Honestly, other than seasoning, that’s it!
Cloud Bread high in protein and extremely low in carbs, making it the perfect sandwich bread for those on a low carb, gluten free, or grain free diet.
Each “slice” is baked separately and has a soufflé-like texture when it first comes out of the oven. After a couple hours, the texture becomes more bread like, so you won’t even miss traditional wheat bread.
I’ve been pretty impressed with cloud bread. I wish I knew who invented it, so I could give them credit, and possibly and little bow of respect. I’ve heard it originally came into existence during the Atkins era.
However, I believe this is The Best Cloud Bread Recipe because of the seasoning. When cloud bread is unseasoned, or even flavored with sugar and sweet spices as I’ve seen in some recipes, it tastes more like a dessert than bread.
If you are looking for a great low carb sandwich bread, The Best Cloud Bread Recipe in today’s post it the winner.
Adding a little sea salt, garlic powder, and dried herbs makes all the difference.
When making The Best Cloud Bread Recipe, make sure to whip the egg whites and cream of tartar first. It needs to be extremely firm for the bread to bake successfully. The cream of tartar acts as a stabilizer.
Then beat the cream cheese, egg yolks, and seasoning separately. This mixture needs to be perfectly smooth.
Fold the two egg mixtures together, spoon the mixture onto baking sheets, and bake.
Try making club sandwiches with The Best Cloud Bread Recipe this week. You’ll be amazed at how easy it is. You’ll also be amazed at how much it tastes and feels like traditional bread.
Looking For More Fabulous Low Carb Recipes?
The Best Cloud Bread Recipe
Yield: 10 pieces
Prep Time:10 minutes
Cook Time:15 minutes
The Best Cloud Bread Recipe – Low carb, low fat, ketogenic, gluten free, grain free bread you can use for sandwiches on a low carb diet! You are going to love this!!
- 4 large eggs, separated
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 2 ounces low fat cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon Italian herb seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 – 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees F. If you have a convection oven, set on convect. Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Separate the egg whites and egg yolks. Place the whites in a stand mixer with a whip attachment. Add the cream of tartar and beat on high until the froth turns into firm meringue peaks. Move to a separate bowl.
- Place the cream cheese in the empty stand mixing bowl. Beat on high to soften. Then add the egg yolks one at a time to incorporate. Scrape the bowl and beat until the mixture is completely smooth. Then beat in the Italian seasoning, salt, and garlic powder.
- Gently fold the firm meringue into the yolk mixture. Try to deflate the meringue as little as possible, so the mixture is still firm and foamy. Spoon 1/4 cup portions of the foam onto the baking sheets and spread into even 4 inch circles, 3/4 inch high. Make sure to leave space around each circle.
- Bake on convect for 15-18 minutes, or in a conventional oven for up to 30 minutes. The bread should be golden on the outside and firm. The center should not jiggle when shaken. Cool for several minutes on the baking sheets, then move and serve!
NOTE: 1) The Best Cloud Bread Recipe can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for several days. However the texture is best if eaten within 12 hours of baking. 2) Go easy on the garlic powder the first time you make it. I like adding 1/2 teaspoon, but that might be a little much for some palates.
Yield: 10 pieces, Serving Size: 10
- Amount Per Serving:
- Calories: 35 Calories
- Total Fat: 2.1g
- Saturated Fat: 0.7g
- Cholesterol: 75mg
- Sodium: 153mg
- Carbohydrates: 0.6g
- Sugar: 0.2g
- Protein: 3.4g
Making this recipe? Why not take a quick shot and share it on Instagram! Make sure to tag it #ASpicyPerspective so we can see what you're cooking!