Creamy King Ranch Chicken Casserole
When you hear the phrase “King Ranch” do you think of
For me, it’s C all the way.
King Ranch Chicken Casserole is a classic Tex Mex favorite named after the historic King Ranch in Kingsville, Texas.
It’s a recipe layered with tortillas, creamy sauce, cheese, chiles, and chicken, baked into a golden bubbly casserole.
Most recipes for this casserole call for canned cream of chicken soup. However, several years ago we posted a made-from-scratch version that has become the most popular King Ranch Chicken casserole on the web… Without canned soup on the ingredients list.
King Ranch Chicken Dip Recipe
However, people (meaning me, our friends, and our readers) can’t seem to get enough of this ultra-comforting chicken casserole.
So today I thought I’d share a spin-off party recipe… King Ranch Chicken Dip!
This simple creamy dip takes less time to prepare than the classic casserole and is just as enticing.
It includes all the best components of the traditional king ranch casserole, minus the tortillas.
Instead use, crispy tortilla chips to scoop it up at your next game day, potluck, or party!
King Ranch Chicken Dip Ingredients
To make this amazing dip you only need seven well-selected ingredients!
- Shredded chicken – This is a great way to use up leftovers in the fridge. You can also use a rotisserie chicken for the market.
- Shredded cheese – Select a Mexican blend of 3-4 cheeses that melt well.
- Sour cream – To provide a creamy base. Full fat is best.
- Tomatilla salsa verde – Use good jarred salsa or make this salsa from scratch.
- Chopped green chiles – Canned. Select mild or hot, based on your palate.
- Ranch dressing dip mix – Our King Ranch Chicken Casserole does not include powdered dip mix. And the word ranch in the title has nothing to do with ranch dressing. However, a dip mix packet is a great way to add herbs and zesty seasoning in one simple ingredient.
- Ground cumin – For a touch of smoky essence!
Low Carb (Keto) King Ranch Chicken Dip
The fact that the tortillas are removed from the casserole in order to make it a scoopable dip, means this king ranch dip recipe is ketogenic-friendly.
I love it when comfort food and dietary restrictions aline!
You can even make “tortilla chips” out of baked shredded cheese and almond flour.
How To Make King Ranch Chicken Dip
You are going to love how simple this recipe is to make. Ready?
- Dump – This is a true dump-and-bake recipe. All the ingredients (minus a handful of cheese for the top) are simply dumped in a bowl.
- Stir – Mix the ingredients until they look smooth.
- Bake – Then pop the dip in the oven and bake until the cheese is melted and bubbling.
Get the Fill (Printable) King Ranch Chicken Dip Recipe & Video Below
Looking For More Zesty Party Dips?
- 3-Ingredient Beer Cheese Dip
- Fire Roasted Corn Dip
- Hot Smoked Pimento Cheese
- Skinny Chicken Enchilada Dip
- Creamy Sausage Cheese Dip
- Check Out ALL Our Dips & Spreads!
King Ranch Chicken Dip Recipe
Rich Creamy King Ranch Chicken Dip Recipe! It’s a classic Texan King Ranch Chicken Casserole you can dip with crispy tortilla chips for parties.
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Set out a 2 quart baking dish and a large mixing bowl.
Measure and dump all the ingredients into the bowl, reserving 1/2 cup cheese for later. Mix until smooth.
Pour the mixture into the baking dish. Sprinkle the remaining cheese over the top.
Bake for 20-25 minutes, until golden and bubbly around the edges. Sprinkle the top with chopped scallions or cilantro and serve with tortilla chips, or fresh chopped vegetables for a low carb option!
LOW CARB: This chicken dip recipe is low carb and ketogenic friendly without tortilla chips for dipping. Consider using low carb dippers!
MAKE AHEAD: You can make this dip several days in advance. Refrigerate, then bake right before serving.
Other Great Recipes
Oven Roasted Salmon with Pink Peppercorn Sauce Next Post
Easy 2-Ingredient Oven Roasted Potatoes