Habanero Peach Grilled Chicken Wings
Grilling Chicken Wings
When was the last time you grilled chicken wings? No matter how you answered, it’s been too long.
Simple grilled chicken wings are one of the easiest and fool-proof things to throw on the grill. Because the cooking time is a bit longer than steaks, pork chops, or boneless chicken breasts, it’s harder to overcook them
We’ve all experienced the let down of discovering your protein was on the grill just 1-2 minutes too long, yet now it’s dry.
Not with bone-in chicken wings!
The fact that the meat is on the bone, and the skin is covering the meat, gives you a bit of a grace period.
Sweet & Spicy Grilled Wings Recipe
I have grilled and glazed wings with many different spice rubs and sauces over the years.
This particular 5-Ingredient Habanero Peach Grilled Chicken Wings Recipe is a knock-out because it’s so easy to prepare, and the spicy-sweet flavor combination makes the wings completely irresistible.
The sweet peach preserves perfectly balance the spicy heat of fresh habanero peppers. The addition of dijon mustard rounds out the overall flavor providing depth.
You can adjust the heat to your sensitivity level by adding more or less fresh habanero peppers to the glaze. However, I feel 1 to 1 1/2 habaneros is the right amount for most palates.
Habanero Peach Grilled Wings Recipe Ingredients
To make this chicken wing recipe, you will need:
- Chicken wings. The wings should be trimmed into two sections, not whole. Or you can buy drummettes.
- Peach jam. This provides the sticky-sweet base for the glaze.
- Dijon mustard. To take the sweetness down a notch, and balance the flavor of the glaze.
- Garlic. Because every recipe could use a little garlic, don’t you think?
- Habanero chile peppers. Use anywhere from half of one chile to as many as you like!
How To Make Habanero Peach Grilled Chicken Wings
- Preheat the grill. Preheat the grill to medium heat. The grill should be hot, but not so hot that it will create massive flare-ups.
- Puree the glaze. Use a blender to puree the peach jam, dijon mustard, garlic, and habanero peppers.
- Grill the wings naked. The wings need to be about two-thirds cooked before you start applying the glaze, or the sugars in the glaze could cause flare-ups.
- Glaze. Flip and glaze to coat the wings in spicy peach goodness. Do this at least twice so the wings are completely coated and have time to cook through.
See the Full (Printable) Habanero Peach Grilled Chicken Wings Recipe Below!
Baked Chicken Wings
Don’t have a grill? No problem!
You can make grilled chicken wings in the oven, and they will be just as delicious!
Some people prefer baked wings to grilled wings, because baking protects the meat even more, giving them an ultra juicy texture. Yet, I love the smoky essence the grill provides.
Actually, I love them both ways.
We’ve included oven-baked wings instructions in the recipe below!
More Dazzling Chicken Recipes
- Korean Fried Chicken Recipe
- Spicy Oven Baked Chicken Wings
- Chili Lime Baked Chicken Wings
- Instant Pot Tandoori Drumsticks
- Sweet and Spicy Glazed Drumsticks
- Coca-Cola Spatchcock Chicken
- See ALL our Chicken Recipes!
Habanero Peach Grilled Chicken Wings
- Trimming Wings: If your wings did not come pre-trimmed, find the joint between the drummette portion and the wing. Place the knife between the joint and cut down to separate the two ends. Then trim the tip of the wing off at the second joint. Discard the ends, keeping the two meaty sections of each wing.
- Preheat the grill to medium heat, about 350-375 degrees F. Salt and pepper the chicken wings liberally on all sides.
- In a standard blender jar, add the peach jam, dijon mustard, garlic, and habanero peppers. Puree until very smooth.
- Once the grill is hot, place the wings on the grill and cook for 7-9 minutes per side. If the chicken wings you buy are very small, grill for just 6 minutes per side.
- Flip the wings. Brush glaze over the top side of each wing and grill another 3-5 minutes. Then flip one last time, and brush the wings with glaze. Grill another 3-5 minutes.
- Take the wings off the grill. Then brush all remaining glaze over the wings. Serve warm.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Spray a rimmed baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray.
- Salt and pepper the wings then spread them out on the baking sheet. Bake for 30 minutes.
- Make the glaze as directed above. Then brush the wings with glaze and bake for 10 more minutes per side, glazing twice, flipping once.
Making this recipe? Follow us on Instagram and tag @ASpicyPerspective so we can share what you’re cooking!