Sweet and Spicy Baked Chicken Drumsticks are a great addition to your holiday table or game-day spread.
I have a sinister side.
Most people never see it, but it’s there.
I have been known to tell my children that the grates in the sidewalk with deep gutters below, are where all the naughty kids end up.
Pausing for judgement…
Halloween is one of the rare times of year when this hidden mischievous nature surfaces.
You see it in treats, costumes, and decorations all around our house in October. Yet where I really shine is “Spooky Recipe Titles.”
It’s a dark gift, if you will.
Take these Sweet and Spicy Baked Chicken Drumsticks Recipe, for instance.
Awesome baked drumsticks, boring name.
So let’s consider some bloodcurdling options:
- Lost Dog Legs
- Roasted Roadkill
- Not-So-Funny Bones
- Frightfully Fiery Femurs
- Amputee Appendages
- Cheeky Child Limbs
What, did I go too far on the last one? Whatever.
Then pick the name your comfortable with for this Halloween Sweet and Spicy Baked Chicken Drumsticks Recipe, but trust me, you’ve got to try it.
These Sweet and Spicy Baked Chicken Drumsticks are addictively delicious.
Sweet and sticky.
Crispy and tender.
Spicy, savory and popping with ginger and garlic flavor.
It’s a MUST MAKE chicken drumsticks recipe. Perfect for Halloween parties and game-nights because you can prepare a TON of drumsticks at once, and they are so inexpensive to buy.
So whether you go with a creepy name or a plain-jane name, you can’t go wrong with these baked chicken drumsticks!
This Sweet and Spicy Baked Chicken Drumsticks Recipe is loaded with zesty Asian flavor and a kick of fiery heat.
Chicken, Chicken, Chicken:
Honey Sesame Chicken ~ The Comfort of Cooking
Lemon Rosemary Basil Chicken ~ Tidymom
Goat Cheese Stuffed Chicken ~ How Sweet It Is
Baked Chicken Drumsticks Recipe
Yield: 20 drumsticks
Prep Time:10 minutes
Cook Time:50 minutes
Amazing Sweet and Spicy Baked Chicken Drumsticks made in the oven. Sticky and addictive, these baked drumsticks are a perfect for parties or mid-week meals.
- 20 chicken drumsticks
- 1/3 cup flour (any variety for GF)
- 3 tablespoons corn starch
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 3 1/2 cups pineapple juice
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons fresh grated ginger
- 3 large cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4-1/2 cup sriracha chili sauce
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F. Line two rimmed baking sheets with foil, spray with non-stick cooking spray, and set aside.
- Mix the flour, corn starch, and salt together in a bowl. Using paper towels, dry each drumstick and roll them in the flour mixture for a light dusting. Then lay them out on the baking sheets, evenly spaced.
- Bake the drumsticks for 30 minutes, flipping once.
- In the meantime, pour the pineapple juice and all remaining ingredients in a sauce pot. (If you are sensitive to heat, add 1/4 cup sriracha; if you really like spicy food, add 1/2 cup.) Bring the sauce to a boil, reduce the heat and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Then pour the sauce over the drumsticks evenly. Roll the drumsticks around in it to coat, and place back in the oven, uncovered.
- Back another 20 minutes, until the sauce is thick and sticky and the drumsticks are well coated. Serve warm.
Yield: 20 drumsticks, Serving Size: 1 drumstick
- Amount Per Serving:
- Calories: 284 Calories
- Total Fat: 12.1g
- Saturated Fat: 3.3g
- Cholesterol: 122mg
- Sodium: 670mg
- Carbohydrates: 16.6g
- Fiber: 0.3g
- Sugar: 11.5g
- Protein: 23.7g
Making this recipe? Why not take a quick shot and share it on Instagram! Make sure to tag it #ASpicyPerspective so we can see what you're cooking!