Roasted Red Pepper Skillet Chicken – Our latest family favorite and a fab mid-week meal to serve with rice or pasta. Just 9 ingredients and a lot of kick!
Just a couple weeks ago, we arrived home late in the evening from Ava’s swim team practice. It was such a busy day, and I hadn’t made plans for dinner and was feeling a little overwhelmed.
I’m sure that never happens to you. *wink*
Roasted Red Pepper Skillet Chicken Ingredients
I started sifting through the pantry and fridge to see what I had on-hand in order to make a quick dinner. I knew once I found a few key ingredients I would feel less stressed. I found:
- Half a block of low-fat cream cheese
- A large jar of roasted red peppers
Keeping ingredients you love in stock is a sure-bet for pulling together a simple meal that satisfies as if it were planned.
In less than half an hour, I had a bold and savory meal my family raved about. In fact, they deemed it “blog worthy” insisting I share it with you immediately.
So here it is folks, the quickie meal that has turned into a family favorite in my house, Creamy Roasted Red Pepper Skillet Chicken.
How to Make Creamy Roasted Red Pepper Skillet Chicken
- Sauté the chicken in a large skillet (scroll down to see how to cook chicken on a skillet.) Then take it out so you can use the skillet and juices to make a quick creamy pan sauce.
- Then sauté the onions and garlic, and add finely diced roasted red peppers, cream cheese, crushed red pepper, and a little chicken stock to thin it out.
- Once the sauce is ready, place the chicken back in the skillet to warm and stirred in some fresh basil for sweetness.
How Do I Cook Chicken In A Skillet?
Don’t worry, cooking chicken in a skillet is really simple.
First place a large skillet over medium heat. Add the butter and once melted, add the chicken breasts.
How Long Do I Cook Chicken In A Skillet?
Sear the chicken for 5 minutes per side. Then remove the chicken from the skillet and set aside.
For exact measurements check out the recipe card down below.
How To Serve Red Pepper Skillet Chicken
This healthy recipe is low in fat and high in protein. It’s wonderful served over rice or pasta, or with green steamed veggies.
See? Quick and simple can be dazzling.
This is also a great recipe to stretch when extra guests show up.
Instead of serving one whole chicken breast per person, slice the chicken and cover it with sauce to feed up to eight people.
See The Recipe Card Below For How To Make Roasted Red Pepper Skillet Chicken.
Other Recipes You Might Like
- Healthy Baked Carrot Chips
- Oven Roasted Broccoli Recipe
- Croatian Chicken Mushroom Pepper Skillet
- Skinny Creamy Chimichurri Chicken Skillet
Roasted Red Pepper Skillet Chicken
Roasted Red Pepper Skillet Chicken is our latest family favorite and a fab mid-week meal to serve with rice or pasta. Just 9 ingredients and a lot of kick!
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast, 4 pieces
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 cup onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 12 ounces roasted red peppers, finely diced (1 jar or fresh roasted peppers are fine)
- 1 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 4 ounces lowfat cream cheese
- 1/4-/12 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/4 cup basil leaves, chopped
Place a large skillet over medium heat. Add the butter and once melted, add the chicken breasts. Sear the chicken for 5 minutes per side. Then remove the chicken from the skillet and set aside.
In the same skillet, sauté the onions and garlic for 2-3 minutes. Pour in the diced red peppers and sauté another 1-2 minutes. Then add the chicken broth, cream cheese, and crushed red pepper. Simmer and stir to melt the cream cheese into the broth.
Once the sauce is smooth, add the chicken breasts back to the skillet to warm. Stir in the chopped basil and simmer another 2 minutes before serving. Salt and pepper to taste. Slice and serve the chicken covered in the creamy pan sauce.
Other Great Recipes
Salted Caramel Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars Next Post
Enchiladas Suizas (Creamy Chicken Enchiladas)