Crispy Roasted Potatoes (Potato Ribbons!)
Crispy Oven Roasted Potatoes Recipe – Tender and crunchy potato ribbons are a fun, healthier side dish that goes well with nearly any main. You’ll love this easy twist for classic meat and potatoes meals!
Is there any dinner combination more classic than meat and potatoes?
Whether cooking for one, or a crowd, there is just nothing as consistently pleasing as serving up a hearty, well-cooked protein alongside a savory potato side dish. A juicy steak or chicken breast pairs perfectly with the starchy, comforting goodness of the humble potato… And the possible different recipe combinations are nearly endless!
These Crispy Roasted Potato Ribbons are a fun and easy recipe that goes with just about every main dish. They are a cross between homemade baked potato chips and scalloped potatoes… However, the potatoes are sliced into thin ribbons with a spiralizer for a tender yet slightly crunchy oven-roasted side dish or snack.
Crispy Roasted Potato Ribbons
Roasted crispy potatoes are simply dressed with oil and seasoning, so they are much lighter and healthier than scalloped potatoes, but with the same appeal of the thin layers.
Some of the layers of potatoes stay soft, while the top turns golden and terrifically crispy. Every inch of the potato is covered in seasonings and then roasted, so each bite is bursting with flavor.
And because they are roasted in the oven at high heat, these delicious potato ribbons are also quick to make. Easily get them going before cooking your main dish on the stovetop or grill, and they will be ready to enjoy less than 30 minutes later!
What Ingredients You Need
There are just 3 basic components for making tender, savory Crispy Potato Ribbons…
- Russet potatoes – the heartiest potato that is perfect for slicing thin and roasting
- Olive oil – or other high heat oil
- Seasonings – salt, onion powder, garlic powder, cayenne pepper
How to Make Crispy Oven Roasted Potatoes
This gluten-free, dairy-free, hassle-free potato dish is easy to whip up as a satisfying side or fun snack.
From start to finish, oven Roasted Potato Ribbons only take about 40 minutes to make.
Here’s our quick and simple recipe for the crispiest, tastiest potatoes:
- First, preheat the oven to 450 degrees F, and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Use a spiralizer with a wide blade attachment to slice the potatoes into thin, flat ribbons. It’s ok if the pieces break into small segments as you slice.
- Next, put the ribbons onto the baking sheet. Drizzle them generously with oil and the seasonings, and toss to coat. Spread the potatoes evenly on the sheet.
- Bake the thin potato ribbons for about 15 minutes, and then carefully flip with a spatula.
Continue roasting the potatoes for another 10 minutes or so, until the ribbons are beautifully golden and crispy.
Enjoy right away while they are warm and crunchy.
You can store leftovers in an airtight container for up to 3 days. I recommend reheating in an oven to make crispy again.
Get the Complete (Printable!) Crispy Roasted Potato Ribbons Recipe Below. Enjoy!
What Goes Well with Potato Ribbons?
Serve the best crispy oven potatoes as a side dish with steaks, chicken, or pork chops.
A few of our favorite main dish recipes include:
- Skillet Steak Bites with Mushrooms
- Porterhouse Steaks with Compound Butter
- 4-Ingredient Magic Grilled Chicken Breasts
- Grilled Pork Chops with Carolina BBQ Sauce
These tasty crunchy potato ribbons are also delicious to enjoy on their own. Make them as a hearty snack, or try serving as an appetizer with a homemade creamy aioli!
Can I Make Crispy Oven Roasted Potatoes Without a Spiralizer?
Yes, you absolutely can! While I love using a handy spiralizing kitchen tool to easily make potato ribbons, one is not totally necessary for this recipe.
You can use a mandolin slicer, vegetable peeler, or even just a sharp knife to create thin slices that are perfect for roasting in the oven.
Looking for More Simply Delicious Side Dish Recipes?
- Roasted Vegetable Medley
- How to Make the Best Potato Salad
- Crispy Hasselback Potatoes with Garlic and Rosemary
- Creamy Cauliflower “Mashed” Potatoes
- Greek Lemon-Garlic Roasted Potatoes
Crispy Roasted Potatoes (Potato Ribbons!)
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F. Line a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Using a spiralizer with the wide blade attachment, slice the potatoes into long thin flat ribbons. It’s ok if they break into shorter segments as they drop.
- Move the potato ribbons into the baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with seasoning. Then toss the ribbons to coat evenly in the seasoning. Spread the ribbons out across the baking sheet.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Carefully flip and bake another 10-15 minutes, until golden on top. Serve warm.
Making this recipe? Follow us on Instagram and tag @ASpicyPerspective so we can share what you’re cooking!