Greek Pasta Salad
This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
The Ultimate Easy Greek Pasta Salad Recipe: Learn How To Make This Medieterranean Pasta Salad with Feta and tons of chunky vegetables. Plus, it’s a marvelous make-ahead!
Easy Greek Pasta
Pasta salads are a fabulous make-ahead dish we enjoy regularly here in the US. However, it’s always fun (and tasty) to add in flavors we love from other parts of the world!
Today I’m sharing a simple Greek Pasta Salad Recipe made with cucumbers, tomatoes, fresh herbs, and feta cheese.
It’s a classic Greek-American side dish (or vegetarian main dish) that is perfect for casual parties, potlucks, weekly meal prep, and picnics, because it tastes fabulous for several days, and can sit out at room temperature for several hours.
Why This Is Our Favorite Pasta Salad Recipe
Most Greek Pasta Salad Recipes are pretty similar. They tend to include:
- Swirly Pasta (or Orzo)
- Bell Peppers
- Feta Cheese
- Greek Vinaigrette
Here, we’ve added all these ingredients, but have also made a few minor changes that we feel make a big difference.
First and foremost, we skip the vinegar in the vinaigrette and add fresh lemon juice instead. The fresh flavor of the lemon really helps the other fresh produce to pop. Sometimes wine vinegar(s) leave a heavy, yet acidic flavor.
Also, skip the crumbled feta that comes in a tub, and buy a block of feta cheese. That way, you can cut big chunks for your Greek Pasta Salad. When you use the pre-crumbled variety it tends to break down in the dressing.
We like to add fresh and dried herbs to the salad. I know it’s easiest to rely on dried herbs from your pantry. Yet you really miss out on big flavor! We like to use dried garlic and oregano, then fresh parsley and mint leaves.
However, if you cannot find fresh herbs (or dried herbs) you can swap these ingredients as needed.
Mediterranean Pasta Salad Ingredient List
For the Greek Pasta Salad:
- Dried pasta – I like to use gemelli or fusilli.
- Grape tomatoes
- English cucumber
- Bell pepper – any color
- Red onion
- Mint leaves
- Kalamata olives – pitted (or your favorite olive)
- Feta cheese
For the Salad Dressing:
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Fresh lemon juice
- Dried oregano
- Garlic powder
- Salt and pepper
How To Make Greek Pasta Salad
- Cook the Pasta. Set a large pot of salted water over high heat. Bring to a boil. Cook the pasta according to the package instructions. Drain the pasta and pour it into a large salad bowl.
- Chop and Slice. Meanwhile, chop all the fresh produce. Squeeze the lemons. Then cut the block of feta cheese into small 1/2 inch cubes.
- Whisk the Vinaigrette. In a small bowl mix the olive oil, lemon juice, oregano, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Whisk well to combine.
- Toss. Place all the vegetables, herbs, and olives in the salad bowl. Pour the greek dressing over the top. Toss to coat.
- Add the Cheese. Then add the feta cheese to the bowl. Gently fold to combine. Taste, then salt and pepper as needed. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Get the Full (Printable) Best Greek Pasta Salad with Feta Recipe Below. Enjoy!
Variations and Swaps
This salad is amazing with its simplistic fresh herby flavors. However, you can mix things up by adding:
- Grilled Chicken
- Roasted Shrimp
- Roasted Red Peppers
- Green or Black Olives
- Red Wine Vinegar (instead of lemon juice)
- Artichoke Hearts
- Heart of Palm
- Pickled Peppers
You can also use any shape of pasta that you like, although smaller bite-size pasta works the best.
Frequently Asked Questions
How Long In Advance Can You Make This Recipe?
Make and serve within 5 days for the best flavor and texture. However, you can eat the leftovers for up to one week.
How Do You Store Greek Pasta Salad?
Keep it in an airtight container and place the pasta salad in the refrigerator. Then before serving, shake the container to redistribute the dressing.
Can You Make A Gluten-Free Version?
You can make this recipe with gluten-free pasta and it turns out fantastic! Just remember, gluten-free pasta tends to break down faster than wheat pasta. So you will need to eat it within 2 days.
More Greek Dishes
- Greek Lemon Chicken Soup
- Horiatiki (Greek Village Salad)
- Greek Omelette Casserole
- Grilled Greek Pizza
- Greek Chicken Souvlaki
- Saucy Greek Lemon Meatballs (Keftedes)
- Greek Burgers
- My Big Fat Greek Salad
- Greek Shrimp Pasta
More Make-Ahead Pasta Salads
- The Best Italian Pasta Salad Recipe
- Sun-Dried Tomato Chicken Pasta Salad
- Tuna Pasta Salad with Olives and Capers
- Cool Chicken Taco Pasta Salad
- The Best Macaroni Salad Recipe
- Tortellini Salad with Basil Vinaigrette
Greek Pasta Salad Recipe
For the Greek Pasta Salad:
- 1 pound small dried pasta (I used gemelli.)
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 english cucumber, sliced
- 1 bell pepper, seeded and chopped (any color)
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped mint leaves
- 5 ounces kalamata olives, pitted and drained
- 8 ounce block feta cheese, cut into cubes
For the Greek Pasta Salad Dressing:
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice (from 2 lemons)
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and pepper
- Set a large pot of salted water over high heat. Bring to a boil. Cook the pasta according to the package instructions. Drain the pasta and pour it into a large salad bowl.
- Meanwhile, chop all the fresh produce. Squeeze the lemons. Then cut the block of feta cheese into small 1/2 inch cubes.
- In a small bowl or jar, mix the olive oil, lemon juice, oregano, garlic powder, 1 teaspoon salt, and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Whisk (or shake) well to combine.
- Place all the vegetables, herbs, and olives in the salad bowl. Pour the greek dressing over the top. Toss to coat.
- Then add the feta cheese to the bowl. Gently fold to combine. Taste, then salt and pepper as needed. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Making this recipe? Follow us on Instagram and tag @ASpicyPerspective so we can share what you’re cooking!
Made this pasta salad for a potluck and it was such a hit. Everyone loved it so much and it has so much flavor. Really enjoyed this recipe!
Greek salads are my favorite!! They are so full of flavor & I love that there is pasta in this. It’s hearty & delicious!
Love the flavors in this! SO GOOD!
This has become the staple dish that I make for any potluck party or dinner that I attend. I can make it the day before and it taste even better than if I made it the day of the party!
Easy to make and store. Perfect on-the-go meal!
This is an amazing dish till now…and pasta is integral part of our food..zesty greek pasta salad is perfect for any picnic get together parties recipe….thanks for shared a beautiful and delicious recipe….!
I seriously loved it! So refreshing and delicious! Can’t wait to make it again!
Delicious pasta salad!! I love the feta and cucumbers!
What a delicious pasta salad! I love all of these flavors together and I will definitely make it again!
such a good recipe! thank you for sharing!
Such a great spring or summer dish to make and bring for a bbq!