Greek Orzo Pasta Salad with Lemon Vinaigrette
Greek Orzo Pasta Salad with Lemon Vinaigrette – A bright, light orzo pasta salad recipe full of refreshingly zesty Mediterranean flavors. You’ll love serving this easy make-ahead Greek orzo salad with tangy lemon vinaigrette at all of your summer picnics and potlucks!
There is no better dish to enjoy on a hot summer day than a refreshingly cold and flavorful pasta salad.
Often quick and easy to make, they are perfect for preparing ahead and serving as a hearty lunch or dinner side dish, and sharing at barbecues and potlucks.
We have several simple and delicious pasta salads on the site that we all know and love, like our classic Best Macaroni Salad and Best Italian Pasta Salad recipes. They are comforting and satisfying while helping to beat the heat, and are always a welcome dish on any picnic table.
Likewise, this new Greek Orzo Pasta Salad recipe is sure to become a family favorite this season… It’s bright, colorful, and chunky, and tossed in a terrifically bright lemon-garlic vinaigrette.
Greek Orzo Pasta Salad with Lemon Vinaigrette Recipe
Loaded with tangy olives, sun dried tomatoes, fresh peppers and herbs, this delightful pasta salad brings a taste of Greece to your kitchen. Using orzo adds more Mediterranean flair, and makes this dish really stand out from other summer salad recipes.
Because all the ingredients are chopped small, it also feels slightly more elegant than most pasta salads. It is sure to impress, even though it takes minimal effort and only minutes to make!
What Ingredients You Need
This Mediterranean-inspired pasta salad is dairy-free, vegan-friendly, and can easily be made gluten-free.
Here is what you need to make our Greek Orzo Pasta Salad:
- Orzo pasta – You can use wheat or gluten-free options for a healthier pasta salad.
- Bell pepper – We recommend red bell peppers, but use whatever color you like best.
- Kalamata and green olives – Or any olives you prefer.
- Sun dried tomatoes – For smoky, zesty Mediterranean flavor.
- Red onion – Adds great crunch and a bit of sweetness.
- Fresh herbs – Basil, dill, and parsley.
Ingredients for easy homemade Lemon Vinaigrette:
- Lemon juice
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Granulated sugar
- Salt and pepper
How to Make Easy Greek Orzo Pasta Salad with Tangy Lemon Vinaigrette
You can prepare this pasta salad recipe up to 10 days ahead of serving. It’s excellent for making in a large batch and enjoying for lunch or as a side dish throughout the week.
Start to finish it takes less than 30 minutes to make Greek Orzo Pasta Salad. However, while you can serve it right away at room temperature, for the most refreshing and tasty salad we recommend that you chill for at least an hour in the fridge before enjoying it. The flavors only get better as they sit together!
Here are the simple steps for making an amazingly fresh and fun Mediterranean pasta salad with lemon vinaigrette dressing:
- First, make the orzo on the stovetop according to the package instructions.
- Meanwhile, set out a large salad bowl. Finely chop the bell pepper, onions, sun dried tomatoes, and fresh herbs.
- Next, make the Lemon Vinaigrette: In a small bowl whisk together the lemon juice, olive oil, sugar, and minced garlic. Set aside for now.
- Once the orzo pasta is cooked and drained, place it in the salad bowl. Add in the chopped bell peppers, olives, sun dried tomatoes, onion, and all of the herbs.
- Lastly, pour the lemon vinaigrette dressing over the pasta salad and gently toss well to thoroughly coat. Cover and refrigerate until you are ready to serve.
Greek Orzo Pasta Salad with Lemon Vinaigrette is delicious to eat right away after chilling, and it still tastes fabulous after 10 days in the fridge!
This pasta salad recipe is for 8-10 servings, but can easily be doubled to make a batch big enough to feed a crowd.
We hope your family and friends enjoy this bold and bright summer salad as much as we do!
Get the Complete (Printable) Greek Orzo Pasta Salad Recipe with Lemon Vinaigrette Below. Enjoy!
How Can I Make Gluten-Free Greek Orzo Pasta Salad?
Make a gluten-free version of this orzo pasta salad by swapping wheat orzo with gluten-free orzo or another small GF-friendly pasta shape.
However, it should be noted that gluten-free pasta does not hold up as long as wheat pasta. It turns mushy over time. Therefore, you should make and enjoy the gluten-free version on the same day.
What Other Ingredients Can I Include in this Pasta Salad Recipe?
If not adhering to a dairy-free or vegan diet, try adding a generous helping of crumbled feta cheese and/or cooked chicken to make an even heartier summer salad.
You can also include more veggies like diced cucumbers and tomatoes for more fresh flavor and healthy goodness.
Looking for More Refreshing Summer Salads?
- Chunky Strawberry Salad with Poppyseed Dressing
- Wild Rice Salad with Blueberries and Herbs
- Grandma’s Best Ambrosia Salad
- Quinoa Lentil Salad
- Horiatiki (Greek Village Salad)
Greek Orzo Pasta Salad with Lemon Vinaigrette
- 1 pound dried orzo pasta
- 1 large red bell pepper seeded and diced
- 1 cup pitted olives (I used half kalamata and half green)
- 3 ounces sun dried tomatoes chopped
- 1/3 cup diced red onion
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh dill
- 1/3 cup chopped parsley
For the Lemon Vinaigrette
- ½ cup fresh lemon juice
- ½ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1-2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 1 clove garlic
- Salt and pepper
- Set a large pot of salted water over high heat. Bring to a boil. Then cook the orzo as directed on the package. Drain.
- Meanwhile, set out a large salad bowl. Chop the bell pepper, onions, sun dried tomatoes, and fresh herbs.
- In a small bowl (or measuring pitcher) whisk the lemon juice, olive oil, sugar, and garlic together. Set aside.
- Once the orzo is cooked and drained, place it in the salad bowl. Add in the bell peppers, olives, sun dried tomatoes, onion, and all chopped herbs.
- Pour the lemon dressing over the salad and toss well. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Making this recipe? Follow us on Instagram and tag @ASpicyPerspective so we can share what you’re cooking!
How I can see the video of the recipe please!
It should pop up on the bottom of the screen when you scroll through the post. Please let me know if you are still not able to view it.
This is really flavorful! Everyone at my house loved it!