Steak Fajita Stuffed Avocado Recipe
This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
Low Carb Steak Fajita Stuffed Avocado Recipe: Bold zesty Tex Mex flavor nestled in fresh ripe avocados. Keto friendly and so delicious!
I was in a bakery the other day, talking to a baker friend as he methodically rolled out dough to form into giant cinnamon rolls.
He set a cloth over the dough, dusted off his hands, and said we should continue talking as he started his lunch break.
I watched him pull out a large ripe avocado and cut it in half, topping it with finely chopped kale and hot sauce.
Then he began to scoop up the avocado and kale as we chatted about dough proofing methods.
I chuckled under my breath.
“What?” he said. “You don’t think I actually eat all this stuff every day.” Gesturing to the baked goods counter.
Of course I didn’t. This particular baker is a fit man with strong forearms from rolling out dough everyday.
It’s a fact, no one can eat delicious carby sweets and pastries all day and be healthy. It’s just not possible.
Yet it got me thinking about ways to improve upon his avocado lunch.
Low Carb Living
This time of year, most of us are eating a bit more thoughtfully than we might have around Super Bowl, Valentine’s Day or Saint Patrick’s Day.
After all, swimsuit season is right around the corner.
In our family, we are eating mainly low carb meals, with a few splurges on the weekends. I am also trying to make sure everyone in the family gets a good dose of raw veggies every single day.
I believe finding a balance between enjoying foods you
For instance, in today’s recipe we’re making classic Tex Mex fajitas… Without the tortillas.
Steak Fajita Stuffed Avocado Recipe
That’s right! This simple steak fajita recipe is…
- Made in 20 minutes or less
- Low carb and ketogenic friendly
- And has all the zesty comforting flavors of classic fajitas, minus the tortillas.
We’re swapping the carbs for healthy fats, in the form of
The extra fat keeps you full and satisfied much longer the carby tortillas.
How To Make Steak Fajita Stuffed Avocados
This Steak Fajita Stuffed Avocado Recipe could not be any easier! It’s a fast one-pan dish you can eat as-is or with a side salad to check off your raw
- Season and Sear the Steak. In a large cast iron skillet, sear the steak with taco seasoning.
- Add the Onions and Peppers. Move the steak to the side of the pan and add in the veggies, searing for just a couple minutes.
- Cut and Scoop the Avocados. You can add more filling to each avocado half if you scoop out some of the
avocadomaking the cavity larger.
- Fill and Dive In. Spoon the steak fajita filling into the avocado, sprinkle on toppings and go!
Scroll Down For The Full (Printable) Steak Fajita Stuffed Avocado Recipe
The secret to making this Steak Fajita Stuffed Avocado so healthy and inviting is to use high-quality ingredients.
Fresh organic steak, cheese, and produce make a difference.
However, I also selected a clean healthy avocado oil and taco seasoning mix from Tastefully Simple.
Tastefully Simple’s® Mom’s Favorite Taco Seasoning is made with ingredients you can read and understand.
That’s because all of Tastefully Simple’s TS EatWell products are free of artificial flavors, colors, sweeteners, preservatives, and hydrogenated fats.
They are pure and clean, so you know exactly what you are feeding your family.
Tastefully Simple is a company dedicated to providing amazing foods with high-quality ingredients that can fit into low carb, paleo, ketogenic, and/or vegan diets.
Tastefully Simple Crafts…
- Original spice blends
- Superior cooking oils
- Drink mixers
- Sweet and savory baking mixes
- And meal kits to help you serve your family easy and healthy meals each week.
To find out more about Tastefully Simple, visit their website HERE, and find them on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube and Twitter!
And, as an exclusive for A Spicy Perspective fans, Tastefully Simple is offering a 15% off discount on any purchase when you order online and use promo code: SPICY15.
More Amazing Low Carb Recipes
- Croatian Skillet Chicken
- Smoked Salmon Dip
- Low Carb Burger Bites
- French Onion Keto Crackers
- Instant Pot Italian Beef
- Low Carb Vietnamese Pho
- Keto Egg Roll Wraps
- Garlic Lime Roasted Shrimp Salad
- Bruschetta Chicken Sheet Pan Dinner
Steak Fajita Stuffed Avocado Recipe
- 1 pound flank steak (or skirt steak)
- 1 medium sweet onion, peeled and chopped
- 2 bell peppers, seeded and chopped
- 2 tablespoons Tastefully Simple Mom’s Favorite Taco Seasoning
- 1 tablespoon Tastefully Simple Avocado Oil
- 8 ripe hass avocados
- 2 limes
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro leaves
- 1/4 cup queso fresco, crumbled
- Peel and chop the onion into ½ inch square pieces. Then seed and chop the bell peppers into ½ inch square pieces. Chop the cilantro and crumble the queso fresco. Juice one lime. Then cut the other lime into small wedges to use as a garnish.
- Slice the flank steak into thin strips, against the grain. Then cut each strip into ¾ square pieces.
- Place a large 14 inch cast iron skillet over high heat. Drizzle avocado oil in the skillet, then add in the flank steak. Sprinkle the steak with Mom’s Favorite Taco Seasoning. Cook for 1-2 minutes, stirring to brown the pieces on both sides. Then push the steak pieces to the side of the pan and add the onions and peppers to the middle. Sear the vegetables for 2-3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir the steak and vegetables together. Pour the juice of one lime over the steak mixture. Add in 1/4 cup chopped cilantro and stir. Them turn off the heat.
- Cut the avocados in half. Remove the pits. (Do this by tapping a sharp knife into the center of each pit, then twisting it. Knock the pit off the knife blade with the heel of your hand.) Use a spoon to scoop a large hole in the center of each avocado half, creating a deeper crater for the filling. Slice the avocado pieces you remove to use as a garnish.
- Fill each avocado half with steak fajita filling. Place a few small pieces of sliced avocado on top. Then garnish the tops with queso fresco and cilantro. Serve with a lime wedge.
Making this recipe? Follow us on Instagram and tag @ASpicyPerspective so we can share what you’re cooking!
Disclosure: This post is sponsored by Tastefully Simple, Inc. All opinions are our own.
Can this be made as a meal prep? I’m worried that the steak will get chewy.
I think it makes a great meal prep recipe. I would just eay all the portions within 5 days. Also, squeeze the avocadoes with lime and wrap well, or don’t cut the avocadoes until the day you plan to it.
Stuffed avocados are always a hit around here. I usually fill them with egg salad, but I love this idea too.
Such a delicious idea for dinner! Sure to be a new favorite meal!
This was a huge hit!! Taste SO good!
This is like the best of the best lower carb recipes!!
One of my fave low carb meals!
I afore avocados so I had to try your recipe! I was not disappointed—-delicious!!!
Great protein and potassium!! I love avocados and a good steak..
I love this, and it’s super easy to make too!