Bruschetta Chicken Baked
This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
Cheesy Bruschetta Chicken Recipe is a simple meal with massive appeal! Perfectly tender baked chicken with melted mozzarella cheese and fresh, tangy tomatoes and basil on top!
Why We Love This Bruschetta Chicken Bake Recipe
Chicken dinner never looked so good. This Bruschetta Chicken Sheet Pan Dinner Recipe features moist, tender chicken breast with a layer of fresh, melty mozzarella, garden-fresh tomatoes, and herby basil for all of the flavors that you love about a caprese bruschetta in dinner form!
The best part is that this is made on one sheet pan with roasted asparagus on the side so you have a full meal with only one dish to clean! So not only is this sheet pan dinner going to be delicious, but it is going to be easy for you to make and clean up after.
Bruschetta Chicken is a classic Italian-American bistro favorite in the spring and summer. Our Bruschetta Chicken Sheet Pan Dinner Recipe is fast, fresh, and ridiculously delicious.
Even picky eaters will love this one and you can hold the tomatoes if someone isn’t a fan!
Ingredients You Need
- Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast – or use boneless skinless chicken thighs
- Olive Oil
- Italian Seasoning – and some salt and pepper
- Asparagus – the perfect side to this chicken dish
- Fresh Mozzarella – use a ball of fresh mozzarella
- Grape Tomatoes – or cherry tomatoes or diced roma tomatoes
- Fresh Basil – adds a lovely herby flavor
- Balsamic Vinegar – for a hint of tanginess
Pro Tip: For the chicken to cook evenly, make sure you cut them into evenly sized pieces!
How to Make Baked Bruschetta Chicken
To make this Bruschetta Chicken Sheet Pan Dinner Recipe, start by slicing two large chicken breasts in half to create four thinner breast pieces.
Season the chicken with olive oil, Italian seasoning, and salt and pepper. Bake on one side of the sheet pan for ten minutes.
Meanwhile, slice the mozzarella ball into four equal rounds. Then cut the grape tomatoes into quarters and place them into a bowl. Add the garlic, chopped basil, olive oil, and 1 teaspoon of balsamic vinegar. Toss well, then season with salt and pepper to taste.
After ten minutes, flip the chicken over and lay a thick slice of fresh mozzarella cheese over each chicken breast.
Spread the asparagus out on the empty side of the sheet pan and drizzle with olive oil, balsamic vinegar, Italian seasoning, and salt and pepper.
Put the sheet pan back in the oven for another 8-10 minutes. Remove from the oven and top the chicken with the bruschetta tomato mixture. Serve with a side of roasted asparagus and enjoy!
Bruschetta Chicken Baked Serving Suggestions
This dazzling Chicken Bruschetta Recipe is so versatile, that it just might become one of your go-to meals this season. Eat it on its own with the asparagus for a low-carb meal. You can also serve this with pasta or zucchini noodles if you want it to be more filling! And don’t forget the garlic bread on the side!
Top the warm chicken off with fresh parmesan cheese for some extra cheesy goodness!
Frequently Asked Questions
Bruschetta is an Italian appetizer made of toasted bread that is generally topped with garlic, fresh tomatoes, basil, and a drizzle of olive oil. Sometimes it is also topped with fresh mozzarella and a balsamic glaze! You can find all kinds of bruschetta nowadays, but this chicken dinner is based on classic bruschetta.
If you prefer to cook the chicken in a skillet to get a good sear, you definitely can. I would sear it in the skillet and then transfer it to the sheet pan to finish cooking with the fresh mozzarella on top!
Definitely! This will have a slightly different taste but boneless, skinless chicken thighs will do just fine. No need to cut them in half as you would with chicken breast since they usually aren’t as thick!
More Chicken Dinners to Try
- Sun-Dried Tomato Pasta with Chicken
- Chicken Picatta Pasta
- Baked Pesto Spaghetti Squash
- Sheet Pan Chicken Cacciatore
- Cheesy Chicken Alfredo
Bruschetta Chicken Baked
- 2 large boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 3 tablespoon olive oil, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning, divided
- 1 pound asparagus, trimmed
- 8 ounce fresh mozzarella ball
- 12 ounces grape tomatoes, mixed colors
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 8-10 leaves fresh basil, chopped
- 2 teaspoon balsamic vinegar, divided
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Line a large rimmed sheet pan with parchment paper. Lay each chicken breast flat and cut in half, parallel to the cutting board, to make four thinner chicken breasts. Rub each piece with olive oil and sprinkle both sides with 1/2 teaspoon italian seasoning. Then salt and pepper liberally. Place the chicken breasts in a line down one long edge of the sheet pan. Bake for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, slice the mozzarella ball into four equal rounds. Then cut the grape tomatoes into quarters and place in a bowl. Add the garlic, chopped basil, 2 tablespoons olive oil, and 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar. Toss well, then season with salt and pepper to taste.
- After 10 minutes, take the sheet pan out of the oven. Flip the chicken breasts over and place one slice of mozzarella over each chicken breast. Then spread the asparagus out on the empty side of the sheet pan. Drizzle the asparagus with 1/2 tablespoon olive oil, 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar, 1/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning, salt and pepper.
- Place the sheet pan back in the oven and bake for another 8-10 minutes. Remove from the oven and top the chicken with the tomatoes bruschetta salad. Serve the bruschetta chicken with a side of roasted asparagus.
Making this recipe? Follow us on Instagram and tag @ASpicyPerspective so we can share what you’re cooking!