A comforting healthy Low Carb Sheet Pan Chicken Cacciatore recipe, perfect for any night of the week!
We often think of comfort food as fattening and carb-heavy, but that doesn’t have to be true.
Yet comfort food is more about how it makes you feel when you eat it, than about the nutritional facts.
Today’s light and lean Low Carb Sheet Pan Chicken Cacciatore is a delectable cozy dish, that easily fits into low carb, paleo, ketogenic, gluten free, and dairy free diets…
However it makes you feel as if you’ve been wrapped in a big fuzzy blanket.
The fatty essence of chicken thighs, mixed with stewed tomatoes and wine, makes Low Carb Sheet Pan Chicken Cacciatore taste like an indulgent meal.
Yet you won’t be nervous to step on the scale the next morning.
The mix of onions, garlic, sweet peppers, zucchini, and mushrooms not only offers tons of vitamins and minerals, it makes a hearty base for the chicken and cacciatore sauce.
To Make Low Carb Sheet Pan Chicken Cacciatore
Simply drizzle a sheet pan with olive oil, then place the chicken, onions, red pepper, and zucchini on the baking sheet. Season the chicken and veggies and roast in the oven for a few minutes.
Then flip the chicken and veggies over, add mushrooms, garlic, stewed tomatoes, white wine, and a little more seasoning. Then roast in the oven again to finish cooking the chicken and to create the sauce.
How easy is that?!
Low Carb Sheet Pan Chicken Cacciatore is a great dinner to put in the rotation this month as you are trying to clean up your diet for 2018.
It’s quick to make, tastes like heaven, and will keep your family satisfied… And comforted. *wink*
Low Carb Sheet Pan Chicken Cacciatore
- 4-6 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 sweet onion
- 1 sweet red pepper, Italian or bell
- 1 large zucchini
- 8 ounce mushrooms
- 4-5 cloves garlic, minced
- 28 ounces stewed tomatoes (1 can)
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- Salt and pepper
Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F. Peel and half the onion, then cut into 1/3-inch slices. Cut the red pepper and zucchini into slices about the same thickness. Halve the mushrooms.
Drizzle olive oil over a large rimmed 13x18-inch sheet pan. Place the chicken thighs on the sheet pan. Then add the sliced onions, peppers, and zucchini. Sprinkle with salt, pepper, and dried Italian seasoning. Roast in the oven for 15 minutes.
- Flip the chicken and vegetables over on the sheet pan. Add the mushrooms and minced garlic. Spoon the tomatoes and some of the sauce out of the can and place on the baking sheet. Drizzle the white wine over the top. Then sprinkle everything with salt, pepper, and more Italian seasoning.
- Roast another 15 minutes, until the sauce is bubbling. Serve the chicken warm, with a side of vegetables and the pan sauce.