Keto Almond Flour Crackers Recipe
Keto Almond Flour Crackers Recipe: Simple 4-ingredient low carb crackers with zesty flavor and crunch! These little chips are ketogenic and gluten-free, and could be paleo and Whole 30 with one ingredient swap!
Keto Crackers Recipe
Hey Low Carbers… Today I’ve got something special just for you!
Just five to seven years ago “Low Carb” meant something very different to what it seems to mean today.
A standard paleo diet used to be considered low carb. Yet with the recent popularity of the ketogenic diet, a recipe isn’t considered low in carbohydrates unless it has less than 4-5 grams of carbs per serving.
Although some may feel this is unrealistic for long-term eating, it’s helpful to have tasty crunchy snacks when you are committed to your goal.
So keto fans, I’m here for you, serving up crispy fresh-made French Onion Keto Crackers that are just as appealing as standard crackers.
Sticking to a no-carb or ultra low carb diet is really hard for me.
Sometimes I just need something crunchy and celery doesn’t cut it, you know what I mean?
That’s where this 4-ingredient keto crackers recipe comes in handy.
They are buttery, packed with zesty onion flavor, and offer just the right snap when you bite into one.
Plus, you can bake them to order, so they are lightly golden and lightly crunchy, or dark gold with tons of crunch!
Our French Onion Keto Crackers Recipe makes the perfect dipper for all your low carb snack dips.
Keto Almond Flour Crackers Ingredients
- Butter – Using butter gives these low carb crackers the underlying taste of classic wheat butter crackers.
- Egg whites – This acts as the glue to hold the crackers together. The recipe calls for 2 large egg whites, but if your eggs are small go with 3.
- Almond Flour – The finer the grind, the better the cracker.
- French onion dip mix – There’s a whole lot of flavor in those little packets. Make the most of it.
If you are following a Paleo or Whole 30 diet, you can still enjoy these crackers by substituting the butter for coconut oil or beef tallow.
How to Make French Onion Keto Crackers Recipe
- Beat twice – Use an electric mixer to beat the butter and eggs together first. Then beat in the almond flour and seasoning packet.
- Roll thin – Very thin crackers taste and feel… Crackery. While thicker crackers end up feeling like shortbread. Use a ruler to measure your rolled dough and make it as thin as possible.
Cut & bake – I like to use a pizza cutter to roll the cuts in the dough. Then bake the crackers until they are golden.
See the Complete (Printable) Keto Almond Flour Cracker Recipe Below!
Frequently Asked Questions
Does the almond flour make this cracker crispy?
There is a high-fat content in the almond flour which tends to make baked goods a bit more tender than crispy, but this recipe adds in other ingredients that allow the crackers to crisp well.
If you find the crackers in the center are not as crispy as you would like, you can place them back in the oven for 3-5 minutes. Also, try using convection heat throughout the entire bake time.
Can I make these Paleo or Whole 30?
Yes, these crackers can be easily converted into paleo crackers by swapping the butter for coconut oil, beef tallow, or plant-based butter substitute.
Can I freeze the leftover crackers?
Yes, you can! Thaw them at room temperature. Then if they seem soft, crisp them up in the oven.
How long do these crackers last?
This recipe will keep for 3 to 5 days if stored in an airtight container in the fridge.
Healthy Paleo Snacks
More Low Carb Comfort Foods
Keto Almond Flour Crackers Recipe
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 large egg whites
- 2 1/2 cups almond flour
- 1 packet french onion dip mix (1 tablespoon)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In the bowl of an electric stand mixer, beat the softened butter and egg whites until well combined. (It should look like cottage cheese.)
- Add the almond flour and french onion mix to the bowl. Beat well until the dough forms a ball.
- Lay a large piece of parchment paper out on the counter. Dump the dough onto the paper and lay another large piece of parchment paper over the top. Roll the dough between two layers of parchment, into a large 13 X 17 inch rectangle. You can pinch off pieces of dough and press them where needed to help create the rectangle. The sheet of dough should be very thin.
- Remove the top piece of parchment. Use a large knife or pizza cutter to cut the rectangle into 90 smaller rectangles.
- Slide the sheet of parchment onto a large baking sheet. Bake for 12-17 minutes. Until crisp and golden around the edges.
- Cool for 3-4 minutes. Then carefully break the crackers apart before they are fully cooled.
- Store in an air tight container at room temperature for up to 7 days.
Making this recipe? Follow us on Instagram and tag @ASpicyPerspective so we can share what you’re cooking!
I absolutely love these crackers. It is so cool that they come out like this with just 4 ingredients. Thank you!
Yummy! I love that you added the onion mix for some terrific flavor. These were delicious and easy to make.
Super delicious! I love these crackers! They’re so delicious and wonderfully “crackery”! :D
thank you! have been looking for a good home made low carb snack, much appreciated!
I would like to see cal, carbs fat etc posted with recipes…Thank you
It’s at the bottom of the printable recipe form. :)
Just wondering if you could add some fresh dill,would be good as well and can you freeze these ,and how long would these last
Fresh dill sounds great! You can freeze these crackers. Thaw them at room temperature. Then if they seem soft, crisp them up in the oven.
What are you suppose to do with the egg yolks after your done baking em??
They are not needed in this recipe so you can save them to egg to scrambled eggs, or use them to thicken a sauce.
I’ve never heard of packets of French onion dip mix. Is there a particular brand? Is it like Lipton onion soup mix? Thanks-
Yes, it’s exactly the same thing. :)
It’s amazing how easy these are!!
I really love this! Such a delicious snack!
So great to have a cracker you can eat on a Keto diet.
Buttery and flavorful!
The french onion soup mix is genius! We loved it, thanks!
These are super easy and packed with flavor!! So glad to have a stash of these low carb crackers on hand!