Baked Crispy Polenta Fries
Where Are All My Party People?!
We tend to host frequent get-togethers, and I love discovering tried-and-true recipes that are sure to be enjoyed by everyone involved!
The best party appetizers are typically fried and crunchy, have lots of flavors, and are served alongside a scrumptious dipping sauce. My favorite party foods are tasty dishes that don’t require a lot of complicated ingredients and, of course, are simple and quick to put together.
Crispy Baked Polenta Fries are exactly the delicious and easy nosh you need for your next gathering. They are gluten-free and baked in the oven for a healthy-ish dish that is super fun and tasty. Guests will love dipping this hearty snack in yummy sauces at your next party!
Crispy Baked Polenta Fries
Polenta is a version of cornmeal that can be cooked with liquid to create creamy grits, served soft, or shaped and baked in solid form. Once baked, the texture is slightly dense and chewy on the inside, with a great sweet and savory corn flavor.
You can use quick pre-made polenta logs from the grocery store (or make polenta from scratch) to make polenta fries.
When you slice and bake firm-cooked polenta, the chunks become wonderfully tender. They keep their shape with a lightly crispy, crunchy exterior that’s perfect for dipping in sauce.
What Ingredients You Need
There are just 4 ingredients in this easy oven-baked polenta fries recipe!
Here is everything you need to make the best Baked Polenta Fries:
- Polenta – Premade polenta logs come in various flavors
- Olive Oil – To create a crunchy, crispy “fry”
- Garlic Powder – Adds a great kick of savory flavor
- Pepper – For just a hint of spice
You can use pre-cooked polenta logs, or make polenta from scratch… Read on for our easy homemade polenta recipe!
How to Bake Polenta Fries in the Oven
You can create a similar satisfying crunch (as deep frying) with a fraction of the calories by baking these “fries” in the oven! Get them going an hour before your friends are due to arrive, and guests will happily be greeted by hot, crispy fries.
Here’s How To Make Easy Oven-Baked Polenta Fries:
- First, preheat the oven to 450 degrees F, and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cut the cooked polenta into 3-inch segments to create a classic French fry shape.
- Next, place the Polenta Fries on the baking sheet and drizzle the oil over the top. Sprinkle with ¼ teaspoon salt, ¼ teaspoon pepper, and 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder.
- Gently roll the Polenta Fries around in the seasoning on the baking sheet to thoroughly coat.
- Spread the fries out in a single layer, and bake for 20 minutes. Then flip, and bake for another 15-20 minutes until golden. Serve warm with sauces for dipping.
Get the Complete (Printable) Baked Crispy Polenta Fries Recipe + VIDEO Below. Enjoy!
How to Make Polenta from Scratch
It’s easy to make fresh homemade polenta with just a handful of ingredients!
Here Is Everything You Need:
- Quick-cook polenta
- Chicken or vegetable broth
- Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper
Follow These Simple Steps To Make From-Scratch Polenta:
- Line a 9X9 inch baking dish with foil or parchment paper.
- Pour the broth in a medium sauce pot and set over medium-high heat. Bring to a boil.
- Once boiling, quickly whisk in the polenta. Then whisk in the parmesan cheese, butter, salt, and pepper. Reduce the heat to simmer, and continue to whisk until the polenta is thick.
- Pour (or scoop) the polenta into the baking dish and spread into an even layer. Chill for at least 1-2 hours, until very firm.
Once the homemade polenta has cooled and has become firm, it can then be used to make crunchy baked Polenta Fries!
Frequently Asked Questions
What Sauces Go Well With These Crispy Baked Fries?
You can also try them with a bright and tangy Easy Aioli Sauce, or have them as a side dish with a Mediterranean meal with homemade Tzatziki Sauce on the side.
How Long Do These Fries Last In The Fridge?
You can store these in an airtight container and keep them in the fridge for up to 2 to 3 days.
How Do You Reheat This Recipe?
Oven-baked Polenta Fries are best when enjoyed right away when they’re perfectly crispy. You can keep leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for a day or so, but they likely won’t reheat with the same original crunchiness.
First, pat down the fries with paper towels to get rid of any dampness, then preheat the oven to 400 degrees F and bake on a lined baking sheet for 10 minutes or until they are heated all the way through.
You can also reheat them in an air fryer! Set the AF at 400 degrees and set the timer for 2-3 minutes.
Looking for More Easy and Tasty Appetizers?
- Baked Turnip Fries Recipe (+AirFryer)
- Healthy Baked Zucchini Tots Recipe
- Fried Green Tomatoes Recipe (Oven-Fried!)
- Oven Baked “Fried” Pickles Recipe with Garlic Sauce
- Harissa Baked French Fries Recipe
- Crispy Patatas Bravas (Mexican Potatoes)
- Spicy Ranch Oyster Crackers
- Easiest Brazilian Cheese Bread (Pao de Queijo)
- Sweet Fried Plantains Recipe
- Bahamian Conch Fritters Recipe
- Best Simple Roti Recipe (Chapati)
- Easy Retro Sausage Balls Recipe
- Baked Kale Chips Recipe
Baked Crispy Polenta Fries Recipe
- Preheat the oven to 450. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cut the cooked polenta into ½ X ½ X 3 inch segments. Place them on the baking sheet. Drizzle the oil over the top, then sprinkle with ¼ teaspoon salt, ¼ teaspoon pepper, and 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder. Gently toss to coat the polenta fries in oil and seasoning.
- Spread the fries out in a single layer. Bake for 20 minutes. Then flip and bake another 15-20 minutes.