Crispy Polenta Fries (Baked!)
Where Are All My Party People?!
We tend to host frequent get-togethers, and I love discovering tried-and-true recipes that are sure to be enjoyed by everyone involved!
The best party appetizers are typically fried and crunchy, have lots of flavor, and are served alongside a scrumptious dipping sauce. My favorites party foods are tasty dishes that don’t require a lot of complicated ingredients and, of course, are simple and quick to put together.
Crispy Baked Polenta Fries are exactly the delicious and easy nosh you need for your next gathering. They are gluten-free and baked in the oven for a healthy-ish dish that is super fun and tasty. Guests will love dipping this hearty snack in yummy sauces at your next party!
Crispy Baked Polenta Fries
Polenta is a version of cornmeal that can be cooked with liquid to create creamy grits, served soft, or shaped and baked in solid form. Once baked, the texture is slightly dense and chewy on the inside, with great sweet and savory corn flavor.
You can use quick pre-made polenta logs from the grocery store (or make polenta from scratch) to make polenta fries.
When you slice and bake cooked, firm polenta, the chunks become wonderfully tender. They keep their shape with a lightly crispy, crunchy exterior that’s perfect for dipping in sauce.
What Ingredients You Need
There are just 4 ingredients in this easy oven-baked polenta fries recipe!
Here is everything you need to make the best Baked Polenta Fries:
- Polenta – Premade polenta logs come in various flavors
- Olive oil – To create a crunchy, crispy “fry”
- Garlic powder – Adds a great kick of savory flavor
- Pepper – For just a hint of spice
You can use pre-cooked polenta tubes, or make polenta from scratch… Read on for our easy homemade polenta recipe!
How to Bake Polenta Fries in the Oven
You can create a similar satisfying crunch (as deep frying) with a fraction of the calories by baking these “fries” in the oven! Get them going an hour before your friends are due to arrive, and guests will happily be greeted by hot, crispy fries.
Here’s how to make easy Oven-Baked Polenta Fries:
First, preheat the oven to 450 degrees F, and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
Cut the cooked polenta into 3-inch segments to create a classic French fry shape.
Next, place the Polenta Fries on the baking sheet and drizzle the oil over the top.
Sprinkle with ¼ teaspoon salt, ¼ teaspoon pepper, and 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder.
Gently roll the Polenta Fries around in the seasoning on the baking sheet to thoroughly coat.
Spread the fries out in a single layer, and bake for 20 minutes. Then flip, and bake another 15-20 minutes until golden.
Get the Complete (Printable) Crispy Baked Polenta Fries Recipe Below. Enjoy!
Serve warm with sauces for dipping.
Oven-baked Polenta Fries are best when enjoyed right away when they’re perfectly crispy. You can keep leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for a day or so, but they likely won’t reheat with the same original crunchiness.
How to Make Polenta from Scratch
It’s easy to make fresh homemade polenta with just a handful of ingredients!
Here is everything you need:
- Quick-cook polenta
- Chicken or vegetable broth
- Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper
Follow these simple steps to make from-scratch polenta:
- Line a 9X9 inch baking dish with foil or parchment paper.
- Pour the broth in a medium sauce pot and set over medium-high heat. Bring to a boil.
- Once boiling, quickly whisk in the polenta. Then whisk in the parmesan cheese, butter, salt, and pepper. Reduce the heat to simmer, and continue to whisk until the polenta is thick.
- Pour (or scoop) the polenta into the baking dish and spread into an even layer. Chill for at least 1-2 hours, until very firm.
Once the homemade polenta has cooled and firmed, it can then be used to make crunchy baked Polenta Fries!
What Sauces Go Well With Crispy Baked Polenta Fries?
I love serving crunchy Polenta Fries with zesty Marinara Sauce and creamy Caesar dressing for an Italian-inspired snack.
Looking for More Easy and Tasty Appetizers?
- Baked Turnip Fries (+AirFryer)
- Healthy Baked Zucchini Tots
- Fried Green Tomatoes Recipe (Oven-Fried!)
- Oven Baked “Fried” Pickles with Garlic Sauce
- Harissa Baked French Fries
Crispy Polenta Fries (Baked!)
- Preheat the oven to 450. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cut the cooked polenta into ½ X ½ X 3 inch segments. Place them on the baking sheet. Drizzle the oil over the top, then sprinkle with ¼ teaspoon salt, ¼ teaspoon pepper, and 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder. Gently toss to coat the polenta fries in oil and seasoning.
- Spread the fries out in a single layer. Bake for 20 minutes. Then flip and bake another 15-20 minutes.
Making this recipe? Follow us on Instagram and tag @ASpicyPerspective so we can share what you’re cooking!