Spicy Ranch Oyster Crackers
This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
Just like the table decor, the snacks should match the party, right?
Hearty appetizers are a must-have for big holidays. There are always one or two fancy hors d’oeuvres before dinner parties. Of course, gotta have stacks of carbs and cheesy dips for game day.
And we often bake (semi-homemade) snack crackers with delightful seasonings for those fabulous casual get-togethers with friends and family!
Spicy Ranch Seasoned Oyster Crackers
A few large bowls brimming with crispy, flavorful, and addicting little crackers really sets the tone of a gathering. And trust me, this Spicy Ranch Seasoned Oyster Cracker Recipe absolutely says welcome to the fun with every crunchy bite.
They are almost homemade, but with no real effort. The ridiculously easy 5 ingredient recipe (if you can call it that) is made with either packaged oyster or saltine crackers, oil, and just a few key seasonings.
Doctoring the crackers with ranch dressing mix, extra garlic, and crushed red pepper, gives them a bold and zesty flavor no one can resist!
5 Ingredients You Need
That’s right, there are only 5 simple ingredients in this fun-tactic quick snack recipe.
- Oyster crackers – or saltines
- Dry Ranch Seasoning Mix – those classic seasoning packets
- Crushed red pepper – for that spicy kick
- Garlic powder – helps to bright together the tangy ranch and spicy flavors
- Vegetable oil – or light olive oil
How to Make Spicy Ranch Crackers
Below are easy steps for making spicy ranch oyster crackers and seasoned saltine crackers. Choose whichever crackers you prefer… Or hey, make both to really pump up the party!
NOTE: Because saltines are flatter and denser than oyster crackers, they require a bit more oil and rest time. But the results are irresistible!
Whether making spicy ranch oyster crackers or saltine crackers, the first step is to place the crackers in a large gallon zip bag.
Add in the ranch mix powder, crushed red pepper, and garlic powder. Shake the bag a little to distribute the seasoning.
Pour the oil into the bag. Zip and gently shake the crackers around to coat them evenly in seasoning.
Allow the oyster crackers to rest for 30 minutes in the seasoning.
For saltines, it’s best to let them rest in the oil and seasoning for at least 3 hours, or even overnight!
Get the Complete (Printable) Spicy Ranch Oyster Cracker Recipe + Video Below. Enjoy this Easy Snack Recipe!
Next, preheat the oven to 250 degrees F. Baking on low is what infuses the ranch and spicy goodness into the crackers, and keeps them crunchy without drying out.
Set out 2 large rimmed baking sheets. Spread the spicy crackers over the surface of the baking sheets.
Bake the spicy crackers for 18-20 minutes.
Cool the spicy ranch crackers completely before serving or storing them for later.
- Add more or less red pepper flakes to make these baked ranch crackers more or less spicy.
- We love big zesty ranch flavors, but there are nearly limitless flavor combinations you can include! Swap this recipe’s spices with Italian seasoning, Indian roasted garam masala, or Cajun blackened seasoning.
- Easily make this a GF-friendly snack recipe by using gluten free oyster crackers or saltines.
- Having a small, intimate gathering? Halve the recipe! Planning to have some seriously hungry party people? Double the ingredients!
Serving and Storage Suggestions
These crazy tasty spicy ranch oyster crackers are great to keep on hand for a quick afternoon easy snack. I love to make a batch over the weekend to crunch on throughout the week before dinner!
Home-baked seasoned crackers will keep well in an airtight container for up to 5 days at room temperature. This pantry staple is great for movie nights or to serve with your favorite soups.
Spicy ranch saltines or oyster crackers can also bring some casual flair to an elevated charcuterie board or snack mixes! Serve them alongside giardiniera pickled vegetables, mini cheese boards, or antipasto skewers.
Looking for More Delicious Snack Recipes?
- Slow Cooker Buffalo Ranch Pretzel Pieces
- Perfect 5-Ingredient Party Mix
- Spicy Cheese Straws
- Homemade Healthy Trail Mix
- Spicy Roasted Chickpeas
- Taco Chex Mix by Amanda’s Cookin’
Please check the printable recipe card at the bottom of the post for the prep time, total time, and nutrition information including calories, carbohydrates, protein, polyunsaturated fat, monounsaturated fat, sodium, potassium, fiber, vitamin c, and calcium percentages. Make sure to share the recipe on Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest.
Spicy Ranch Oyster Crackers Recipe
- Place the crackers in a large gallon zip bag. Add in the ranch mix powder, crushed red pepper, and garlic powder. Shake the bag a little to distribute the seasoning.
- Pour the oil into the bag. Zip and gently shake the crackers around to coat them evenly in seasoning. Allow the oyster crackers to rest for 30 minutes in the seasoning. (For saltines, it’s best to let them rest in the oil and seasoning for at least 3 hours, or even overnight!)
- Preheat the oven to 250 degrees F. Set out 2 large rimmed baking sheets. Spread the oyster crackers over the surface of the baking sheets.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes. Cool completely before placing in an airtight storage container.
Making this recipe? Follow us on Instagram and tag @ASpicyPerspective so we can share what you’re cooking!