Spicy Roasted Chickpeas
Spicy Roasted Chickpea Recipe – A bold and crunchy snack that is waistline-friendly. Indian Roasted Chickpeas Are my new best friend as we close in on summer vacation.
Choosing Healthy Plant-Based Snacks
Swimsuit season is a very short but a fundamental part of our summers.
I have this habit of “chubbying up” from October 31st through February 14th, only to have to work it off all spring.
What can I say, I love holiday foods with a passion.
That time of year, I’m on the hunt for light, protein-packed snacks that can satisfy a salty junk food craving. Yet those are hard to come by.
I find using exotic spice blends in healthy snack options, makes them much more intriguing.
Take chickpeas, for instance.
Sure they’re healthy, but they aren’t so great straight out of the can (or boiling water.)
Homemade Spicy Roasted Chickpeas Recipe for Healthy Snacking
However, Spicy Indian Roasted Chickpeas are an entirely different story.
Add a little curry powder and garam masala, then roast until crisp and you have just added serious wow-factor to plain-jane chickpeas.
Have you tried roasted chickpeas?
They’re like crunchy little Corn Nuts, but so much better for you.
You can pop them all through movie night without any guilt. They also make a great addition to lunch boxes, or to keep in the glove compartment for road trip snack-attacks.
Folks, Indian Roasted Chickpeas are my new favorite snack.
Indian Roasted Chickpeas (Garbanzo Beans)
This particular “Indian” blend of spices really makes the roasted chickpeas sing with ferocious flavor.
I used J.R. Watkins spices in this recipe and noticed a significant difference in zesty appeal. J.R Watkins might be best known for its baking extracts, natural remedies, and personal care items, like baby oil and hand cream.
But don’t forget about the incredible line of natural spices they’ve been providing for over 100 years. J.R. Watkins spices have a high concentration of essential oil, meaning the flavors are intense.
Intense spices are a good thing.
Spicy Roasted Chickpeas Ingredients
- Canned Chickpeas (Garbanzo Beans)
- Olive Oil
- J.R. Watkins Curry Powder
- J.R. Watkins Garam Masala
- J.R. Watkins Garlic Powder
- J.R. Watkins White Pepper
- Sea Salt
Chickpea Snack Instructions
This recipe is very easy and it is as simple as these 6 steps!
- Preheat the oven.
- Rinse and dry the chickpeas.
- Spread them out on a baking sheet, toss in olive oil and the spice mixture.
- Bake in the oven.
- Remove from the oven.
- Snack on!
Now go roast some Indian-spiced chickpeas… And while they’re baking why not buy yourself a new swimsuit online!
Get The Full (Printable) Recipe Below For How To Make Spicy Roasted Chickpeas.
Frequently asked questions
What if my chickpeas come out of the oven soggy?
The step after rinsing is very important! You want to make sure that they are as dry as possible before putting on the seasonings and baking them. You might have to dry them a few times before they are ready to bake.
Do I have to store them in the fridge?
No, as long as the garbanzo beans are cooled down completely before storing, they can last in an airtight container for a couple of weeks. Although they never last that long in my house, because they get gobbled up!
It has been a week since roasting them and they lost their crunch, are they bad?
No, it might be the humanity in your region. You can put them back in the oven for about 5 minutes at 400 degree F to get them crispy again!
Other Snacking Foods
- Roasted Red Pepper Hummus Recipe
- Spicy Feta Dip with Roasted Red Peppers Recipe
- Spicy Bacon Wrapped Dates with Goat Cheese Recipe
- Baked Kale Chips Recipe
- Healthy Baked Carrot Chips Recipe
- Baked Zucchini Chips Recipe
Spicy Indian Roasted Chickpeas Recipe
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil.
- Rinse the chickpeas and dry thoroughly with a paper towel. Then remove any loose skins.
- Pour the dried chickpeas out onto the baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil. Shake the pan to coat the chickpeas in oil.
- Sprinkle the curry powder, garam masala, garlic powder, white pepper and salt over the chickpeas and then shake the pan again to evenly distribute the spices.
- Bake in the oven for 15 minutes, then toss and mix the chickpeas and return to the oven for another 15 minutes. **If you want your chickpeas to be extra crunchy, turn the oven off and leave the chickpeas in the oven for another 15-20 minutes.
- Remove and cool before eating. Store in an air-tight container.
Disclosure: This post is sponsored by J.R. Watkins. All spice-loving opinions are my own.