What makes a great Summer Side Dish? Easy to prepare. Very little cook time. Can sit out for long periods without spoiling. This colorful White Bean Edamame Salad with Bacon is a triple threat and oh so addictive.
You don’t think an edamame salad or white bean salad could have that kind of appeal?
Think again, buddy.
The moment I added crispy bacon and a smoky red wine vinaigrette, I was playing with powers beyond understanding.
This protein-packed White Bean Edamame Salad with Bacon is truly irresistible. Firm, crisp, crunchy, tangy, salty, smoky, rich with bacon fat. I’ve never wanted white bean salad so badly.
Plus, other than the bacon, it’s extremely healthy and gluten free.
I hate to even say this, but vegan/vegetarian friends, the smoky paprika dressing is so flavorful, this edamame salad is completely delightful without the bacon.
…But go ahead and put the bacon in there. You won’t be sorry.
White Bean Edamame Salad with Bacon is at the very top of my summer side dish list. Make sure to add it to your 4th of July Menu!
White Bean Edamame Salad with Bacon
Yield: 6-8 servings
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
- 2 - 15 ounce cans white beans (any variety)
- 1 - 12 ounce package shelled edamame, thawed
- 12 ounces thick cut bacon, chopped
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- Place a large skillet over medium heat. Cook the bacon until crisp. Then remove with a slotted spoon and reserve 1/4 cup of the grease.
- Meanwhile, mix the white beans, edamame, red onion, and parsley in a large bowl.
- In a small bowl whisk together the reserved bacon grease, vinegar, honey, salt, pepper, and paprika.
- Pour the vinaigrette over the salad and mix well.
- Before serving, toss in the crispy bacon pieces.
Making this recipe? Why not take a quick shot and share it on Instagram! Make sure to tag it #ASpicyPerspective so we can see what you're cooking!
Summer Side Dishes:
Indian Spiced Roasted Potatoes ~ An Edible Mosaic
Spicy Italian Zucchini Boats ~ The Comfort of Cooking
Mexican Rice Salad ~ Katie’s Cucina