Edamame Salad with White Beans and Bacon
Edamame and White Beans… What?
You don’t think an edamame salad or white bean salad could have that kind of appeal? Think again, buddy.
What makes a great Summer Side Dish? Easy to prepare. Very little cook time. Can sit out for long periods without spoiling. This colorful White Bean Edamame Salad with Bacon is a triple threat and oh so addictive!
The moment I added crispy bacon and a smoky red wine vinaigrette, I was playing with powers beyond understanding.
Irresistible Summer Salad
This protein-packed White Bean Edamame Salad with Bacon is truly irresistible. Firm, crisp, crunchy, tangy, salty, smoky, rich with bacon fat. I’ve never wanted white bean salad so badly.
Plus, other than the bacon, it’s extremely healthy and gluten-free.
I hate to even say this, but this bean dish can become vegan or vegetarian friendly. Vegan or vegetarian friends, the smoky paprika dressing is so flavorful, this edamame salad is completely delightful without the bacon.
…But go ahead and put the bacon in there. You won’t be sorry.
White Bean Edamame Salad with Bacon is at the very top of my summer side dish list. Make sure to add it to your 4th of July Menu!
Edamame Salad Ingredients
- Canned White Beans
- Shelled Edamame
- Thick-Cut Bacon – omit for a vegan
- Small Red Onion
- Chopped Flat-Leaf Parsley
- Red Wine Vinegar
- Honey – use agave for a vegan version
- Black Pepper
- Smoked Paprika
How To Make This Bean Salad
- First off, cook the bacon, in a medium to large skillet, over medium heat, until they are all crisp. Then put to the side. Also take out ¼ of the grease and put that to the side as well, for the dressing.
- While that is cooling, mix together the edamame, white beans, red onion, and parsley. Stir all together in a large bowl.
- In a smaller bowl prepare the dressing by whisking together the wet ingredients, (including the reserved bacon grease) with the spices.
- Pour that vinaigrette over the ingredients in the big bowl and mix well to make sure it is all coated.
- When you are ready to serve the salad, toss in the crumbled bacon that you made first, but do not mix them in. Just let them garnish the top of the salad.
Get The Full (Printable) Recipe Below For How To Make Edamame Salad with White Beans and Bacon.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is edamame? Where can I find them?
Edamame is a japanese term for soybeans. These can be easily found in the veggie section of the freezer aisle at your local grocery store.
Can I make this bean salad the day before?
Absolutely, this dish is great to make ahead and served chilled. I would recommend not tossing in the bacon crumbles until you are ready to serve it the day after. If you did toss the bacon in the day before, they would not keep their crispness because they would soak up the vinaigrette that you made and mixed the salad in. When storing this dish in the fridge, make sure that it is in an airtight container and it can keep for three to four days.
Can I substitute the parsley out?
Some people do not enjoy the flavor of parsley. A good substitution would be to add in cilantro, a smaller amount of basil, or even a tiny bit of rosemary. I would not add in the same amount since those herbs can be overpowering.
Summer Side Dishes:
- Market Bean Salad Recipe
- 15 Bean Salad Recipe
- Tropical Fruit Salad with Vanilla Bean Recipe
- Corn Salsa Dip with Bacon Recipe
- Fattoush Salad with Grilled Vegetables Recipe
- The Best Macaroni Salad Recipe
- Grandma’s Best Ambrosia Salad Recipe
- Prosciutto and Edamame Pasta with Lemon Glaze Recipe
- The Best Broccoli Salad Recipe
- Hawaiian Macaroni Salad with Potatoes Recipe
- Zesty Greek Pasta Salad Recipe
White Bean Edamame Salad with Bacon
- Place a large skillet over medium heat. Cook the bacon until crisp. Then remove with a slotted spoon and reserve 1/4 cup of the grease.
- Meanwhile, mix the white beans, edamame, red onion, and parsley in a large bowl.
- In a small bowl whisk together the reserved bacon grease, vinegar, honey, salt, pepper, and paprika.
- Pour the vinaigrette over the salad and mix well.
- Before serving, toss in the crispy bacon pieces.