Keto Chicken Crust Pizza (Cutlets!)
This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
Chicken Crust Pizza – Enjoy your favorite toppings loaded onto a keto-friendly chicken pizza crust! This easy low carb recipe is made with lean chicken cutlets for a delicious yet healthier meal.
Why We Love this Low Carb Recipe
If you look up “chicken crust pizza”, you’ll find all sorts of low-carb and keto recipes for pizza crust made out of ground chicken or shredded chicken, eggs, parmesan cheese, almond flour, and sometimes keto fillers in the dough. However, we’ve discovered you can make a super satisfying “chicken crust” for your pizza by simply placing pizza toppings over thin chicken cutlets. Each cutlet is one piece of low carb pizza crust!
This Chicken Crust Pizza method is so fast and easy to prep, the kids can even do it while you’re driving home from work. Let everyone pick out their fave toppings, then simply load ready-to-go thin chicken cutlets with all the classic fixings: a tangy tomato sauce, shredded cheese, and any meat and veggies you like!
Bonus, it also makes a fantastic comforting meal prep recipe for the week. Each piece of pizza is easy to reheat in the microwave, oven, or air fryer for a fresh slice of low-carb comfort every day!
Ingredients You Need
- Chicken cutlets – thin and ready-to-use cutlets make prep a breeze
- Italian seasoning – store-bought or try our easy Homemade Italian Seasoning
- Pizza sauce – sugar-free
- Italian cheese – shredded (blend of parmesan, asiago, and mozzarella cheese)
Plus your favorite pizza toppings! Here we use sliced mini bell peppers, mini pepperoni slices, and sliced black olives.
Keep reading for more delicious ideas for toppings!
How to Make Keto Pizza with Chicken Cutlet Crust
Preheat the oven to 400°F. Set out a large rimmed baking sheet and cover it with parchment paper.
Place the chicken cutlets on the baking sheet. Use paper towels to pat them dry on both sides. Then sprinkle the chicken cutlets with a little salt and an even coating of Italian seasoning.
Spoon a couple of teaspoons of pizza sauce on each chicken cutlet and spread it out in an even layer, reserving a half-inch rim around the edges of each chicken cutlet.
Sprinkle the top of each chicken cutlet with shredded Italian cheese, reserving about ¼ cup for the tops of the cutlets.
Layer each cutlet with sliced mini bell peppers, mini pepperoni, and sliced black olives. Then sprinkle just a little more cheese over the top.
Get the Complete (Printable) Keto Chicken Crust Pizza Recipe Below. Enjoy!
Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, until the chicken cutlets have cooked through.
Pro Tip: Usually, chicken cutlets are between 1/8 and 1/4 inch thick, so this is the approximate cooking time. If they are thicker than normal, add a few additional minutes.
You know they are done when the cheese is melted and slightly bubbly, but not deep brown or burnt.
Check the internal temperature of the chicken with a meat thermometer. Chicken should be cooked to 165°F.
More Keto-Friendly Pizza Toppings
This keto pizza crust recipe is perfect to customize with all kinds of tasty toppings! Here are a few suggestions to get you going:
- Other veggies like sliced and sautéed mushrooms, green bell peppers, grape tomatoes, artichoke hearts, baby spinach, and/or onions.
- Slices of ham or Canadian bacon – and pineapple!
- Cooked crumbled bacon or sausage.
- Sliced peperoncini or jalapeños for a bit of spicy flavor.
- Other cheeses, like crumbled feta or cheddar.
- Fresh basil or other fresh herbs (It’s best to add these after the chicken cutlet pizzas have come out of the oven).
Keep things low carb and pair “slices” with a fresh green salad. We love a classic Wedge Salad, Horiatiki (Greek Village Salad) or drizzle homemade Greek Salad Dressing over crisp lettuce.
For keto-friendly “breadsticks” replacers, try Cloud Bread or Brazilian Cheese Bread.
Not on a strict low-carb diet? Then go ahead and serve healthier pizza with carb-a-licious Easy Garlic Bread, Perfect 1-Hour Garlic Knot, or Cheesy Garlic Pull-Apart Bread.
Frequently Asked Questions
Should I cook the chicken before making pizza?
No, there is no need to cook the cutlets before layering on the toppings.
Can you make chicken crust pizza with no cheese?
You can easily swap the shredded Italian cheese blend with your favorite dairy-free vegan cheese.
How long do leftovers last?
These keto chicken pizza slices will keep well for up to 4-5 days in the refrigerator.
How do you reheat pizza?
There are several great ways to reheat the cutlets! Microwave them in short 20-second bursts on 50% power until warm throughout. Or bake at 350°F for 5-10 minutes. You can also reheat pizza in the air fryer at 350°F for just 3-4 minutes.
Looking for More Easy Low Carb Recipes? Be Sure to Also Try:
- Keto Chicken Lasagna Cups
- Chicken Roulade (Stuffed Chicken Roll)
- Keto Taco Stuffed Peppers
- Lasagna Roll-Ups (Made with Zucchini)
- Keto Chicken Lasagna Cups
Keto Chicken Crust Pizza (Cutlets!)
- 6 chicken cutlets (about 1 pound)
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- ¼ cup pizza sauce sugar-free
- ¾ cup sliced mini bell peppers
- 1/3 cup mini pepperoni slices
- ¼ cup sliced black olives
- 1 cup shredded Italian cheese blend
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Set out a large rimmed baking sheet and cover with parchment paper.
- Place the chicken cutlets on the baking sheet. Use paper towels to pat them dry on both sides. Then sprinkle the chicken cutlets with a little salt and an even coating of Italian seasoning.
- Spoon a couple of teaspoons of pizza sauce on each chicken cutlet and spread out in an even layer, reserving a half-inch rim around the edges of each chicken cutlet.
- Sprinkle the top of each chicken cutlet with shredded Italian cheese, reserving about ¼ cup for the tops of the cutlets.
- Layer each cutlet with sliced mini bell peppers, mini pepperoni, and sliced black olives. Then sprinkle just a little more cheese over the top.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, until the chicken cutlets have cooked through. (Usually, chicken cutlets are between 1/8 and 1/4 inch thick, so this is the appropriate cooking time. If they are thicker, add additional minutes.)
- Serve warm, straight out of the oven.
Making this recipe? Follow us on Instagram and tag @ASpicyPerspective so we can share what you’re cooking!
With our favourite gammon and pineapple bits, the chicken crust pizza turned out just like I had hoped. The next time, I would want to make this with my children.
Pingback: Mouth-Watering Keto Chicken Recipes to Satisfy Your Cravings And Stick To Your Diet - Brit + Co » shikhaworld
No more store-bought pizza crust! This chicken pizza crust is incredibly good and tasty. It’s an easy and healthy way to satisfy my family’s cravings.
My kids loved these- they are perfect for a gluten allergy and so easy to make!
This is a brilliant idea! The chicken crust pizza turned out the way I expected it to be loaded with our favorite ham and pineapple chunks. I would love to make this with my kids next time.