Best Easy Remoulade Sauce
The Best Easy Remoulade Sauce for Crab Cakes
From French cuisine to fried American southern staples, a creamy and zesty Remoulade Sauce is a beloved international condiment.
Because of the bright and acidic notes, it is often served with seafood, like crab and Crab Cakes, shrimp and oysters, prepared in any number of ways. Remoulade Sauce also features spicy and flavorful Cajun Seasoning, making it very popular alongside Creole-inspired dishes.
Remoulade can be one of those recipes that people tend to overdo. You will often find recipes with laundry lists of specialty ingredients “needed.” But really, you can make GREAT tasting (in my humble opinion, the BEST tasting) remoulade with just 5 simple ingredients.
Ingredients You Need
Our classic Remoulade Sauce recipe has only 5 ingredients, and can be easily customized to suit your tastes.
Note: The Creole/Cajun seasoning has many of the herbs and spices often added to Remoulade in one power-packed jar. Most of the ingredients in this recipe have ample salt, so it’s best to use low sodium Cajun Seasoning.
- Mayonnaise – for a paleo mayonnaise recipe check out the recipe card in this Easy Buffalo Chicken Salad Recipe!
- Sweet Pickle Juice – for a creamy and slightly sweet sauce
- Dijon Mustard – a must-have from Remoulade Sauce’s French roots
- Prepared Horseradish – adds a kick of deep, earthy spice
- Low Sodium Cajun Seasoning – or Creole Seasoning or our Best Ever Blackened Seasoning
If you want the sauce smooth, use pickle juice. It you like a chunky Remoulade, use sweet pickle relish. Feel free to include spicy pickle relish for extra heat.
How to Make Remoulade Sauce from Scratch
Prep for this no-cook condiment takes just 5 minutes.
However, as with nearly all dipping sauces like this, the flavor improves with time, so it’s best to make it ahead several hours (or the day before) serving.
Follow these 3 easy steps to make the best tangy, tasty homemade Remoulade Sauce:
- Set out a medium mixing bowl. Measure and add all the ingredients to the bowl.
- Mix very well until smooth and creamy.
- Cover and chill in the fridge until ready to use.
Get the Complete (Printable) Best Easy Remoulade Sauce Recipe Below. Enjoy!
Spoon out individual portions into ramekins to serve alongside your favorite Cajun seafood and fried dishes.
How Long Does Homemade Remoulade Sauce Keep Well?
Remoulade Sauce keeps very well in the fridge. In fact, it tastes best when made a day or so before enjoying!
Store the sauce in a container with a lid and keep in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.
What Do You Serve with Remoulade Sauce?
Remoulade Sauce is classically paired with crab cakes, but truly is delicious with nearly any seafood and/or Cajun-inspired dish! It goes fantastic with blackened catfish, shrimp, or Pan Seared Scallops.
It even makes a great option to use instead of classic ketchup for dipping French fries!
Looking for More Easy and Delicious Sauce Recipes?
- Spicy Mustard Seafood Sauce
- (Magic) Easy Aioli Sauce
- How to Make the Best Tzatziki Sauce
- Southern Comeback Sauce
- Homemade Yum Yum Sauce
The Best Easy Remoulade Sauce
- Set out a medium mixing bowl.
- Measure and add all the ingredients to the bowl.
- Mix well. Cover and chill until ready to use.
Making this recipe? Follow us on Instagram and tag @ASpicyPerspective so we can share what you’re cooking!