The Best Ranchero Sauce Recipe
The Best Ranchero Sauce Recipe Ever – This silky sauce adds a perky punch of flavor to any dish!
We’re just days away from Thanksgiving. I know you are probably focused on planning your Thanksgiving feast, assigning dishes to family members, and writing a massive grocery list.
So instead of throwing a wrench in your meticulously planned Thanksgiving menu, I thought I’d share a quickie recipe that is completely unrelated to the holidays.
I guarantee once you make this recipe, you will use it over and over again. It’s a creamy smoky sauce with tons of zest and a little hint of spice.
In fact, I believe this to be absolutely The Best Ranchero Sauce Recipe Ever!
You could put “The Best Ranchero Sauce Recipe” on just about anything, and it would improved it…
Eggs, potatoes, steaks, pork chops, fish, grilled vegetables, risotto or grits, leftover Thanksgiving dishes, old shoes.
Anytime I make The Best Ranchero Sauce Recipe my family rants and raves about whatever I spoon it over. The says things like, “This is the best chicken ever!” and “This is the best roasted asparagus ever!”
Yet in reality… It’s always the sauce that brings out this reaction.
Don’t believe me?
Make a batch to keep in the fridge this week. Warm it up and serve it over your leftover turkey, dressing, or green beans. You won’t believe what a difference it will make.
How To Make The Best Ranchero Sauce Recipe
Sauté onions and garlic in a little oil.
Add canned tomato sauce, roasted piquillo peppers (or roasted red peppers), green chiles, chicken stock, ground cumin, a little brown sugar, and a splash of liquid smoke.
Simmer for a few minutes, then puree the sauce. Stir in just enough heavy cream to make the sauce silky.
I like to use an immersion blender to blend the sauce in the pot. It creates less dishes to wash, and it is a little safer than using an standard jar blender.
However, if you don’t have an immersion blender, you can definitely puree the sauce in a regular blender or food processor. Just be careful to open a vent for the steam to escape, and place a dish towel over the top, to protect you from hot sauce splashing.
The Best Ranchero Sauce Recipe
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 shallots, peeled and chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 15 ounces tomato sauce (1 can)
- 12 ounces roasted piquillo peppers or roasted red peppers (1 jar)
- 4.5 ounces chopped green chiles (1 can)
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon liquid smoke
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- Place a saute pan over medium heat and add the oil and shallots. Sauté the shallots for 2 minutes. Then add the garlic and sauté another 1-2 minutes.
- Drain the piquillo peppers. Add all remaining ingredients to the saute pan, except for the heavy cream. Simmer the ranchero sauce for 10 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Using an immersion blender, puree the ranchero sauce until smooth. Then stir in the heavy cream. Salt to taste.
Making this recipe? Follow us on Instagram and tag @ASpicyPerspective so we can share what you’re cooking!